2024-05-11, 17:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: There's Cheats For Tetris? (Yes. TETRIS!)  (Read 4861 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2003-12-02, 05:05 »

I'm sitting in IRC, talking to the new guy, Manticore, when Oobey pops in and starts cursing.

After a bit of discussion, turns out he was playing Tetrinet (online multiplayer tetris).

And his opponent was cheating with something called Tetrifast, which removes the delay between pieces.

[23:05] <+MantiCore@etg> its sad cheats are so popular these days
[23:05] <+MantiCore@etg> in all games, really.
[23:05] <+oobey> yeah
[23:05] <+oobey> i thought i could play TETRIS online
[23:05] <+oobey> without cheating whores
[23:05] <+oobey> but no

I agree. WTF?!
« Last Edit: 2003-12-02, 05:05 by ConfusedUs » Logged
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-02, 05:12 »

This pisses me off to a previously unheardof level. Cheating in FPSes was bad enough, especially since it has now mandated the existence of Punk Buster, but this is TOO FAR.

Just how sad and pathetic are these people, really? I mean, GOD FORBID that there exist players out there that could possibly beat them on a FAIR AND LEVEL PLAYING FIELD. And of course, training and practicing are OBVIOUSLY not the correct answers.

What's even worse is how the idiots start laughing at us for not using Tetrifast. Sigh.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-02, 05:13 by OoBeY » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-02, 07:19 »

It's one thing to have better hardware, or a better connection than someone else, but when there's some exploit that gives some an unfair advantage that's different.  I despise cheaters and the exploits they use.  That this extends all the way to TETRIS just shows how desperate people are to win at any cost.  There is no glory in an honorless victory!  :angry:  

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-02, 18:16 »

yesterday I was playing need for speed underground. ( not a bad game ,nice tuningstuff)
and I was going for a race (online )
I played out the game , Iso I got al the parts
against 2 cars it said they where easy to beat , the other 1 was chalenging .

now  you have to know that I played out the game , I have everything tuned op to the max , and my car can go 350 in 6th if I have a straight line with nothing on ,and dont forget the nitro I can still put on .

so the race starts , and 1 of the easy cars , shoots out infront of me => first point thats weird
a bit further I see him crash  (normally you loose speed => this guy didn't loose speed )
since I got the second fastest car out of the game and no one else was driving something faster , I should be on the first place
the map  had a lot of corners , my medium speed was 280 , and I didnt do 1 crash al over the game .

it where 4 laps
when I started the 3th lap , I was driving against 300 . the guy that took the lead was going
past me , crashing in the air .
you need 1 minute or a bit more to finish a lap .
the max speed ever gotten without blowing engine is 360 .

explain me now , how he could double me with a slower car , crashing ,and within 3 minutes instead of 4 .

(while your ad it , calcullate the speed hes going while he doubled me crashing when you know I was drivng 300km/h )

( the guy his name was ch34t3r )

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: