2024-05-10, 06:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Doomed Rock  (Read 5354 times)
Naoscaire

Imp

« on: 2004-07-09, 16:21 »

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/ne...p?news_id=15991

Slipgate - Ninja
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-09, 18:09 »

Finally, the Rock... HAS COME BACK... to Phobos?

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-09, 18:16 »

Can you smell what the Rock is... exorcising?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-09, 18:52 »

Any hope I had for taking this movie seriously have just been dashed a bit.  I have nothing against The Rock, or that he's acting in the movie, it's just the trend of "Video Game Movie + Big Star = Horrible" keeps gnawing its way to the forefront of my mind.  I also can't picture The Rock as the Doomguy.  Phobos maybe, but not the Doomguy, and not just because of skin tone.  I've always pictured the Doomguy as some gritty, "wipe the floors with you" Space Marine who's been through a few too many combats and is about to the point where he just doesn't care anymore.  Then again, they've not said outright what part he's going to play, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high on this one just yet.  I guess I'll have to wait and see if they murder my favorite game by bringing it to the big screen, or if they can actually do it some justice.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-09, 18:52 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-09, 21:34 »

I can't imagine the part when the Cyberdemon gets is butt kicked!!

Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-10, 00:49 »

am i the only one that like, pauses after i read the word 'doom' ... its driving me crazy.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-10, 04:57 »

If The Rock does indeed play the role of the main character, I will be highly impressed if he can somehow surpass my new found pessimism for the DOOM movie.  I do not mean to say or imply that The Rock is a poor actor.  It's just that I feel casting him as the main character is the equivalent of the decision to cast Arnold Swarzshnegger (sp?) as Mr. Freeze in Batman & Robin.  Sure he can do the stunts and wear the armor, but the role is so incredibly not him...

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-10, 06:42 »

Im not too worried. There have actually been one or two  decent video game movies. Im a big fan of the resident evil series and the movie didnt let me down to the point where i was offended by it though they left out alot i would have liked to see but they still got the mood right.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-10, 10:05 »

All I can say is... If they turn it into a PG-13 "Starship Troopers" someone's gonna die. Sipgate - Evil

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Chilvence

Ogre

« Reply #9 on: 2004-07-10, 15:03 »

What was wrong with Troopers? Okay it was a bit  campy, but that was the charm no?
Naoscaire

Imp

« Reply #10 on: 2004-07-10, 17:29 »

Quote from: Phoenix
<font color=#FFFF00>All I can say is... If they turn it into a PG-13 "Starship Troopers" someone's gonna die.
I would have to agree. Only I haven't seen Starship Bloopers, but I did manage to sit through Street Fighter without throwing up. I mean jeez. If they can take a G rated tv cartoon series like Transformers and make it into a pretty decent PG movie then they should be able to take a game NOT MEANT FOR LITTLE KIDS IN THE FIRST PLACE and make it a R movie. Personally I'd like it to be a NC-17 though.
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #11 on: 2004-07-10, 17:41 »

Quote from: Phoenix
it's just the trend of "Video Game + Movie  = Horrible" keeps gnawing its way to the forefront of my mind.
Your equation was a bit off, but I've introduced the necessary corrections for you.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-10, 17:41 by OoBeY » Logged
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #12 on: 2004-07-10, 20:12 »

Three words: Super Mario Brothers. Ugh.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: