2024-05-10, 11:54 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Unexplained (Scientifically Speaking)  (Read 3502 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2006-01-30, 05:30 »

http://www.newscientistspace.com/article/m.../mg18524911.600

For those who think all has been said and done.  The universe still holds more mysteries than can be imagined, and some are right here under your very noses. Slipgate - Smile

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-01-30, 14:42 »

Goes without saying that there's always something left to be explained. Hell, I have a few of my own. ;]
Some of those don't mean anything to me. I do know that they've managed to get some nice theories about point 3 though: they've even made a semi-decent documentary about it, called 'super-massive black holes'. Those also helps to explain a few puzzling things about the possible evolution of the universe.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #2 on: 2006-01-30, 23:20 »

Nice. Here's one:

Why do humans that don't  do anything like to eat in front of flying pigs and giant cannons shootn candy out of a star that's glowing red phosphorous like charcoal when in flames, except that it is not in falmes but is pretty warm because of the lamp inside its mouth that includes a free car with batteries for the dvd recorder that sees the world through a few layers of some weird plastic not knowing that it isn't a living thing, yet knows that iron is not a chewable thing when warm and that glass when blown into bits makes a pretty fireworks show and then water starts to rain like it was thunder?

Freaky huh?

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2006-01-31, 18:39 »

The theory I mainly believe in explains all of this, but I don't like the idea of not being real very much. there again, if your'e not real, you don't have much to worry about.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-31, 18:51 by shambler » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: