2024-05-08, 11:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Rare moments in DM (Ever have this happen to you?)  (Read 16531 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-09-23, 02:50 »

Unfortunately, I have neither a demo nor a screenshot of this once-in-a-lifetime moment.

I was just playing Rubilaxe, and somehow, we ended up blaster-dueling. Neither of us survived.

For the slow, that means that we both killed each other. With blasters. At the same time.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-23, 03:05 »

Personally, I think the worst thing to happen is when you get knocked around with a rocket or whatnot and get forced to crater... it's worse than humiliation in my book.
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-23, 04:19 »

Humiliation's not the point. You get rocket-cratered all the time. How often do you see two blaster-duellers die at the same time (without any outside intervention, I might add)?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-23, 04:30 »

How about someone chainsaw killing you at the same time you kill them with a shotgun?  It's happened.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-23, 04:38 »

I think... I've seen simultaneous gauntlet deaths before...

but yeah - two blasters - what are the odds =]
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #5 on: 2004-09-23, 04:47 »

Quote from: Phoenix
How about someone chainsaw killing you at the same time you kill them with a shotgun?  It's happened.
Or how about fist-killing somebody, then getting killed by a direct hit from that person's BFG ball?

I still can't believe that happened.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2004-09-23, 08:00 »

Actually...

THE strangest kill yet in Generations was when Tabun got me with a BFG10K on ztn3dm1...

...WHILE I WAS SPECTATING!!! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT????
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-09-23, 08:25 »

simultaneous rail-kill, rewired and I have that on occasion.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-09-23, 14:33 »

Hehe, didn't you know Tek? I can frag you anyway I want ;]

anyway, the weirdest moments in DM were all in Quake2 for me I guess.
But generally amusing stuff:

- tossing a grenade, then getting in a catfight and both getting popped by it
- overbouncing when you least expect it
- rocketjumping out of the lava and killing the bastard that sent you in, but never expected you to survive ;]

Oh wait, that last one was not weird - except for him ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #9 on: 2004-09-23, 18:46 »

Quote from: Assamite
I was just playing Rubilaxe, and somehow, we ended up blaster-dueling. Neither of us survived.

Hahah!  That was so funny!  I really wish I recorded that too.  Slipgate - Smile~

-JL
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #10 on: 2004-09-23, 19:19 »

- Chainsaw-jousting over the ramps on q3dm17 only to both end up in the wrong place.
- Fragging Hollowpoint from the opposite end of Vesperas with a Doom rocket Slipgate - Ninja
- I'll post the screenie I came across of a bot pyramid on q3ctf4 when I can dig it out. Watch this space!
- Actually winning.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
BiGRoB85

Gladiator

« Reply #11 on: 2004-09-23, 19:27 »

One of my weirdest DM moments occurred on Liquid Carbon.  One time, Omega-X came up behind me.  I fired my sniper rifle at the wall, then the bullet ricocheted and fragged him!  I was probably just as surprised as he was at that.

I also remembering cornering Con with the chainsaw while I was invincible in the little alcove with the BFG on Vesperas.  I still remember him saying "I hate you, Rob!" after that.  Slipgate - Laugh

EDIT:  I just remembered another one.  I once managed to dance around someone's Slipgate Thunderbolt without getting hit...
« Last Edit: 2004-09-29, 00:58 by BiGRoB85 » Logged

-BigRob85

(Not so) Proudly turning dual gats into BFGs since 2004!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #12 on: 2004-09-23, 21:08 »

there is 1 but I can't tell ya guys due this would be ending in the Controversy corner   .

so heres another 1 . having 10 life as an earth soldier and no bullets to spare .
some doomer comes running straight at me with his chainsaw reving . so out of pure defence to make shure i go down with a fight I poke my knife straight forward into the doomguy , he died while he was slicing me . had 1 or 2 life .

other 1 was in normal q3 where I railed sombody trough the fog of dead while I was standing on the bottom of the fog of dead ( I didn't die for some reason and had ammo enough )

in ET I also had a weird moment on railgun ,  it was 20 secs for the end of the match and I was alied engineer .
we where winning and pushing the axis back .

so just because of fun i shot from my spawn a rifle grenade up into the air over a mountain .

next thing I killed 2 axis players with a rifle grenade .
« Last Edit: 2004-09-23, 21:09 by games keeper » Logged
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2004-09-23, 21:25 »

rare moment? Fragging Pho with the boomstick on a 56k. Slipgate - Smile~
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #14 on: 2004-09-24, 00:51 »

Quote from: BiGRoB85
I also remembering cornering Con with the chainsaw while I was invincible in the little alcove with the BFG on Vesperas.  I still remember him saying "I hate you, Rob!" after that.  Slipgate - Laugh
I hate you, Rob!
BiGRoB85

Gladiator

« Reply #15 on: 2004-09-24, 01:26 »

I know, Con, I know... Slipgate - Sad

-BigRob85

(Not so) Proudly turning dual gats into BFGs since 2004!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-09-24, 02:51 »

I remember just this last Saturday or so, I fell into the lava on gen-q1dm1.  I figured I was fragbait, so I discharged my lightning gun.  I popped back out of the lava and landed on the floor with about 6 health.  Lava discharge and LIVE?  I didn't even have any armor!  Slipgate - WTF

Tek:  I hope that spectator frag was .99d or prior.  Otherwise expect a paddling for not posting a bug report. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #17 on: 2004-09-24, 18:05 »

Yes yes, that was a .99d occurence =p

I think it can pass as some kind of freakish fluke, but even my roomate witnessed it. I have abseloutely no idea where to start to try to replicate it, so we'll see =p
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #18 on: 2004-09-24, 20:57 »

Quote from: Phoenix
I remember just this last Saturday or so, I fell into the lava on gen-q1dm1.  I figured I was fragbait, so I discharged my lightning gun.  I popped back out of the lava and landed on the floor with about 6 health.  Lava discharge and LIVE?  I didn't even have any armor!  Slipgate - WTF
Isn't the power of the Shaft's discharge ammo dependant?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #19 on: 2004-09-24, 21:09 »

Quote from: Footman
Isn't the power of the Shaft's discharge ammo dependant?
Yes in q1 it was ammo dependant.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: