2024-05-07, 14:30 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Help! (I'm being repressed!)  (Read 5055 times)
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« on: 2003-11-24, 01:15 »

Just a silly question, HOW DA HELL DO YOU JOIN THE GAME? :-)  I was spectating and wanted to join real bad, I pressed join somewhere in the menu and it gave me choice 3 to join and 4 to spec, I tried 3, didn't do a thing, furiously  and maniacally hitting the #3 key didn't help either, and I didn't wanna bother asking you guys playing cause it just looked you were having waaaaay too much fun :-)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2003-11-24, 01:24 »

When you first join the server, you'll have eight options. Some may be greyed out. If so, those options have been disabled by the server admin.

1 Earth
2 Doom
3 Slipgate
4 Strogg
5 Arena
6 Just pick one
7 Random
8 Spectate

Press the appropriate number, and WAIT. It takes about three seconds for all the models and such to load. If you press 'fire' during that time, you'll be forced back to spectator mode. This is a bug and we're working on it.

Also, while in spectator mode, if you want to join a game (and the menu isn't present), you have two options.

Use the ESC menus, select a class, and wait a few seconds
or
Type /class CLASSNAME in the console, and wait a few seconds. Classnames are the same as 1 through 5 in the list above.

After a map change, you will automatically be assigned the same class you were in the previous map (no menu). Just use the two above methods of changing classes, either ESC menu or console command.
« Last Edit: 2003-11-24, 01:26 by ConfusedUs » Logged
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #2 on: 2003-11-24, 02:12 »

Thanks!
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-11-24, 02:25 »

No problem. It's what I'm here for.

I'd also suggest reading the Gen manual once over. Lots of nifty things in there.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2003-11-24, 05:37 »

If at any time you're in spectator mode and the popup menu isn't there anymore (it gets dismissed after your initial choice) you can hit ESC, go to PLAYERS and click the GENERATIONS tab as Con said.  Select the Generation you wish to play as and wait the 3 seconds (without pressing fire per the aforementioned, soon-to-be-fixed bug) and you'll spawn in.  If it's a team game you'll have to use the TEAM menu and select the team you wish to join.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: