2024-05-03, 05:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mom sues Coors over death  (Read 5802 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-04-18, 16:57 »

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/18/coors.su...t.ap/index.html

RENO, Nevada (AP) -- The mother of a 19-year-old killed in a traffic accident is suing Coors Brewing Co., claiming that it promotes underage drinking.

Jodie Pisco, of Reno, contends Coors has failed in its duty to protect the country's youth from drinking. Her son, Ryan, was killed in 2002 after he drank Coors at a party and drove his girlfriend's car into a light pole at 90 mph, the lawsuit says.

The lawsuit, filed Wednesday in Washoe County District Court, seeks unspecified damages. It accused Coors of "glorifying a culture of youth, sex and glamour while hiding the dangers of alcohol abuse and addiction."

Laura Sankey, a spokeswoman for Golden, Colorado-based Coors, said that although she could not comment on pending litigation, the company "doesn't want underage consumers -- period."

"Tragedies like this further reinforce why the fight against underage drinking and drunk driving must continue," Sankey told the Reno Gazette-Journal.

Also named in the suit were Ryan Pisco's girlfriend and her mother. The lawsuit alleges the girlfriend allowed Pisco, who lacked a valid driver's license, to drive off in her car, which had been given to her by her mother.

I'm not sure what's sadder; the kid dying or the mom attempting to cash in on it.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-18, 17:33 »

Pff, pathetic. It's the parent's bloody responsibility to tell the kid what's what anyway.

"omg! I'm a horrible parent! let's sue someone ELSE because I'm a failure!"

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-19, 02:12 »

why work when you can sue?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-19, 04:41 »

First the guns, then the booze... it never ends, and it's always someone else's fault.  Forget that in the end each person is responsible for their own actions.  We can't have that now can we?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-19, 10:58 »

Hell no! I mean seriously people don't get kids because they want to raise them.That's what tv and comercials are for. Who is stupid enough to think that children want to spend time with their parents when they have their tv?
This kind of parenting also offers the exclusive right to blame tv for your own failures as a parent, what could be more brilliant? It further more allows you to save the money you would otherwise spend on books on how to raise your children that society tells you you need. so let's stop this forum thing and no more forum matches let's watch some educating comercials.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-19, 11:02 »

My son might have a healthy computer addiction by time he's 10, but I fully intend on kicking his butt outside and teaching him the joys of reading.

Neither me or my wife watch much TV. Never really have. TV is the devil.
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-19, 11:12 »

I don't watch much tv either... I only have 2 channels ok I watch the disney show when ever I have time, call me childish, but I kinda like not having to think and just enjoy the colors on the screen.
otherwise I use my time in front of my computer.

How old do you think your son will be before he kicks you @ss in generations?
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-19, 15:28 »

i dont think tv is evil. ive learned more from the history channel and tech tv than from all my years at school. of course i went to school in california.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-20, 03:41 »

Educational channels are good, yes, but you can learn a hell of a lot more in a library.  They are untapped wellsprings of knowledge, and it costs absolutely nothing to read a library book.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-20, 05:26 »

Quote from: Woodsman
i dont think tv is evil. ive learned more from the history channel and tech tv than from all my years at school. of course i went to school in california.
Before or after Arnold became governor?
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #10 on: 2004-04-20, 05:32 »

well seeing as how im 21 and arnold just became govenor im gonna say........BEFORE!!!!
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2004-04-28, 17:06 »

TV is not evil, anymore than guns are evil etc.

Remember that we are the product of a generation that thought rock and roll was the devils music.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: