2024-05-09, 08:53 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: FORUM GAMES!  (Read 8383 times)
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« on: 2004-02-14, 20:52 »

Don't Forget!!!
Euro Forum Game Starts in 15 minutes, US Forum game in 6:15
See you all there!!!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-15, 01:42 »

Screenshots are uploaded!

http://www.wireheadstudios.org/gallery/vie...bumName=album11

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-15, 11:40 »

I love watching screenshots from forums games. Especially when I kick ass on them Slipgate - Smile
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-02-15, 12:04 »

Me too, but I don't often kick ass, as i'm not used to playing with any lag, having only just started playing on line. How can you get used to this?
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #4 on: 2004-02-15, 12:50 »

just learn to aim in front of your target Slipgate - Wink
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2004-02-15, 14:29 »

Or rocketspam everybody with Doomguy. That works for me Slipgate - Wink
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-02-15, 15:19 »

Yes, yes Jaq, that really does work for you :]

The biggest difference I notice when playing with ping 150 vs ping 50 for example, is that all shots are prediction shots. Pulling of quick rails is impossible unless you have a very definite feeling for someone's exact direction and velocity. Also it's very hard to get to grips with the weird choppy & juttery play when someone gets close, especially with a saw. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2004-02-15, 17:20 »

Heh....

I'm trying to overcome my rail handling issues. I've never used it before but after some practice I can definately see some improvement there.  And every  once in a while, when I'm  at the bottom of the charts, I like to play a bit of chainsaw commando Slipgate - Smile

Generations kicks ass. After all those hours of fraging I still want more.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2004-02-15, 19:35 »

Yes I've got to learn to lead with the shots. The problem is I've played against bots (fast ones, mind) for 9 years and I keep forgetting. The only rail shots I've made were when the guy was coming directly at me or going directly away from me. I also take to long to aim the railgun at the moment. I have to unlearn a lot before make more kills i exspect, but Gen is my favorite online game at the moment, so i will stick at it. (except next saturday, when i have a gig)
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #9 on: 2004-02-15, 22:39 »

ya.. ya need those twitch reflexes for the insta-rail...

/me twitches incessantly

no.. it's not the caffeene... it's the add... it helps.. believe me Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2004-02-16, 04:28 »

I think playing Half-Life lately has screwed me up royally.  I missed almost every rail shot last night as Strogg.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #11 on: 2004-02-16, 04:36 »

Awwwww ! Poor pho !

Sorry I missed the games last night guys. But for those of you that tuned into kay and I, you saw how much fun we were having. ;P
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2004-02-17, 08:32 »

Methinks I tend to have random bursts of kick-ass-ness.  I'll usually go 2-3 minutes or so without fragging many people.  Then I'll have many kills in succession for a little bit, and the process repeats itself.

As for the rail/sniper...
Bleh, I suck so bad with those weapons.  Insta-hit or hit-scan-like weapons are my downfall.  Try as I might, I think it's going to take several more years for me to actually be decent with them.

That aside, I think I excel with projectiles, especially ones that travel in an arc.  I'm just much better at predicting where they're going to end up.

Anyway, my point is GGs everyone, and for all of you who are trying to improve your game, you picked one hell of a group to practice with. Thumbs up!

Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #13 on: 2004-02-17, 20:20 »

When you're playing with railgun, Quake 3 becomes a point 'n click  game, kinda like Diablo Slipgate - Wink
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #14 on: 2004-02-17, 23:15 »

I've been playing too much UT (of all kinds) that my Q3 skills are completely gone.  I used to be able to make it half-way up the charts, but now I just loiter around the bottom Slipgate - Sad
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2004-02-17, 23:24 »

Strange, it doesn't do that for me, JAQ. It's all about timing and lining up and prediction for me. Show me how it's done like a simple point & click, and I'll be sure to improve lots! :]

Edit: nice hint, too - but I _had_ to react, with that Signature of yours and all ;]
« Last Edit: 2004-02-18, 12:37 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Jaq

Shambler

« Reply #16 on: 2004-02-18, 00:36 »

Here's a hint : " Slipgate - Wink "
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: