2024-05-17, 10:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steve Irwin died  (Read 4437 times)
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« on: 2006-09-04, 09:34 »

CROCODILE Hunter Steve Irwin died in Queensland today despite desperate efforts to save him after a stingray barb struck him in the chest while he was filming a nature documentary.
Damn... what a horrible way to die. He was, undoubtly, one of those few guys who made Nature an interesting subject.
RIP

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-04, 12:08 »

I had expected it would be a venomous snake.  I never imagined a stingray.  He died doing what he loved, but he leaves a family behind.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-04, 17:38 »

Nature's interesting to me without the drama, but Irwin was a cool chap.
I don't think it's horrible way to go for him though, very much in style. Snake bite would have been too ironic, considering he was well prepared to deal with those. Crocodile would have been too cheesy. A decent heroirc death. Rest in peace, Steve.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-04, 18:48 »

By interesting, I mean it made Nature "spicy". And by horrible, I meant that it must have been painful as hell.

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-05, 06:00 »

It's a shame.. but, he went out doing what he loved doing. And in all seriousness.. every time someone says anything about Australia, the first thing I think is "Crikey!".. and I have the good ol' Croc Hunter to thank for it. Slipgate - Smile So that's about how much of an impact he's had.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-05, 12:46 »

Quote from: Tabun
Nature's interesting to me without the drama, but Irwin was a cool chap.
I don't think it's horrible way to go for him though, very much in style. Snake bite would have been too ironic, considering he was well prepared to deal with those. Crocodile would have been too cheesy. A decent heroirc death. Rest in peace, Steve.
Reminds me of when James Bond faked his own death in "You only live twice" . One of his fellow agents finds his corpse and says "well at least he died on the job, he would have wanted it this way".
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-18, 20:06 »

Holy shit that dude died? I didn't know this. Wow.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: