2024-05-15, 11:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Game Tonight  (Read 4176 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-10-29, 08:30 »

We had a game running from around 8:45pm to... well it's still going as of 3:20 am!  Lena, Crioknight, Kajet, Gavino, [SA]Grady, and R@ped @pe were a few of the players who showed up and kept it going strong all night long.  If you weren't there, you missed some good fun.  I have some screenshots and two demos which I will be posting sometime later today (Friday), after I've had some sleep!  <3

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
CrioKnight

Ogre

« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-29, 21:36 »

That was awesome Pho. I hope you got some good screenies of the guys laying the smack down. Hey you got lots of shots in there too.
Nice to see you around on the server again.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-30, 01:21 »

Indeed I did.  Screenshots are up.

I also have two demos for your viewing pleasure.  One was taken on Not Quite Earth, from my perspective, and the other on Stormatorium, free floating camera bird.  Enjoy!

Gavino

« Reply #3 on: 2004-10-30, 03:28 »

Hey, Thanks!  I was looking through the screenies and I noticed I was using pink plasma!  I know I was using regular color plasma.  I use different color values for each class (in the .cfg files).  For Doom, I use the standard red/pink color schemes from Q3.  Is this a bug?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-10-30, 03:59 »

No, it's not a bug.  There's a cvar, "cg_customplasma", also available through the "options" menu that allows for customized rendering of the Doom plasma.  It works as follows.  From the manual:

cg_customPlasma - controls rendering of the Doom Plasma Rifle and accompanying plasma color. Values are:

0 - Default Doom plasma. (default)
    1 - Custom plasma for all. Everyone's custom plasma will render based on their custom color values.
    2 - Self custom only. Your plasma is customized and everyone else renders the default blue.
    3 - Self custom for all. This makes everybody's plasma into your color of choice.

I have mine set to "1", so whatever anyone's color2 variable is set to that's what color plasma I see. [/color] Doomed

Gavino

« Reply #5 on: 2004-10-30, 04:27 »

Thanks.  I guess I'll set my color value in doom.cfg to light blue so that others don't have to see the ugly pink.  I always assumed that others would see light blue when my cg_customplasma = 0.  Thanks for the clarification.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #6 on: 2004-10-30, 16:55 »

Although it didn't last as long, I had a wonderful time in my first game in a while that lasted more than two maps Friday night/Saturday morning. A month-long hiatus was long enough, I think.

And I'd expecially like to thank Phoenix for inadvertantly showing me just where the stupid Quad door is on Deadmeat. <3
« Last Edit: 2004-10-30, 16:56 by Makou » Logged

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-10-31, 01:50 »

Yeah, you ran in there twice when I tried to open it.  I thought for sure the second time I'd have a shot at picking it up.  Slipgate - Distraught

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: