2024-05-14, 19:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fully loaded night (Last night's game)  (Read 5121 times)
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« on: 2004-03-23, 21:18 »

While I wasn't there too much, bouncing around here and there, fully loaded insanity was... well... insanity! Pho can vouch for the fact that me + bfg10k = evil. Slipgate - Tongue
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-24, 03:35 »

That you were, Foot!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-24, 03:56 »

I wish I could have played. Slipgate - Wink
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-24, 04:12 »

awesome game..even i got to play  Slipgate - Laugh besides all the bfg spamming..it was a cool game  Thumbs up!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-24, 05:46 »

Well, we may have a way to cut down on some of that spamming without having to kill the BFG's out of Fully Loaded for the next build.  We'll see what kind of compromise we can come up with. Slipgate - Smile

LeeMon

Team Member
Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2004-03-24, 09:20 »

Perhaps some way to limit them to one (five for Arena) shot per spawn, without reducing the total amount of Cell ammo available?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-03-24, 09:23 »

We were talking about it in the channel the other day. We were considering this kind of option.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-03-24, 09:50 »

Well, for Fully Loaded I think weapon/ammo pickups should be disabled, along with dropped weapons/backpacks.  Face it:  If you run out, just respawn, and fewer guns laying around will help FPS.  This would also allow me to add an option to split the ammo useage for BFG and plasma/hyper during a loaded match since I wouldn't have to worry about ammo pickup routines.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2004-03-27, 16:37 »

fully loaded doom owns , skippy ows 2 , but there isnt any diffirence in his owning .

reason :
skippy +rocketlaunche+red armor == ownage

skippy + fully loaded ==skippy + rocketlauncher + red armor

skippy + fully loaded == ownage

did I past math ?

about that BFG thingy .  I wont like to see the ammo  getting cut , since for strogg and doom that also meens a plasma/cell cut .

but  you could , or cut out the bfg and make it do a random spawn .

or make the bfg regenerate cells . like in incremantal .

also , I have noticed that on some maps the makers of the map have limited the BFG ammo when it spawns , but this does not affect any of the other classes .

maybe make something that does something like this .

for doom , bfgammo = q3bfgammo*2
for slipgate  shaftammo= q3bfg+0.75  since slipgate gets 15 cells  in his shaft for every
bfg area picks .
making that when q3 would get only 10 shots for his bfg , doom gets 20 cells .

( if this text isnt clear , just tell me , I will try to explain it again then .
« Last Edit: 2004-03-27, 17:09 by games keeper » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-03-28, 01:05 »

I've already implemented some changes to fully loaded in our current beta build.  The Doom and Strogg BFG's are limited to 2 shots, but during Fully loaded the ammo supply for the BFG's is separated from the ammo useage for the plasma and hyper.  Using hyper will not deplete the BFG, and vice-versa.  Same with Doom's plasma.  The Arena BFG in its current state has been limited to 10 shots.  We've also removed all item and powerup spawns from the maps, including dropped guns, so what you spawn with is what you've got.  Fight until you die, then get in there and do it again.  Fans of Rocket Arena will appreciate this, sans the match-style format of course.  CTF flags and techs are not affected.  The Infinite Ammo mode removes ammo spawns as well because they're superfluous.  We're testing this out to see how well the system works with these changes.

As for Skippy ownage, for Fully Loaded it's not so clear as that.  Anything goes in that gameplay mode.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2004-03-28, 13:02 »

but maybe still go for BFG incremental Slipgate - Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: