2024-05-12, 17:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Mappack Format (A quick question)  (Read 11473 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #20 on: 2004-08-14, 00:06 »

What exploding barrels?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #21 on: 2004-08-14, 00:40 »

Swiss Cheese Trickster (qfraggel3ffa) has one-time exploding barrels. They explode about a second after being shot, but don't respawn.

This is something possible in any map. I *think* he talks about how to do it in his readme.

Just open the pk3 file with winzip, go to the /credits folder, and find the readme for that map, if you're really interested.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #22 on: 2004-08-14, 00:57 »

I see. Never noticed that before. Hang on a minute, Trickster ROCKS!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #23 on: 2004-08-14, 07:04 »

By triggering a shooter_rocket and a func_door you can create a exploding barrel it is really a "hack" but it works.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #24 on: 2004-08-14, 13:51 »

I think he used multiple shooter_rockets because just standing anywhere near one of those things when it goes off is a death sentence. They HURT.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2004-08-14, 14:24 »

Quote from: games keeper
btw , removing vesperas hasnt anything to do with pho owning ya on there is it ?
For the record I begrudgingly went along with the decision to remove Vesperas for most of the same reasons already given.  I still want to see a better and more balanced version of it remade.  I liked the map myself, it was one of the few open maps we had, but it did tend to be extremely lopsided.

As for me owning Con there...  who DIDN'T I own there?  Slipgate - Smile~

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #26 on: 2004-08-14, 19:54 »

On another note, I and quite a few others here @ Qcon feel that Dead Souls is a freaking weird map to play on - FFA or Tourney. However, I was probably wrong in my opposistion of Trial by Error - I actually had a fun time playing it 1v1 with CrioKnight!

Pukka3tourney4 is a Strogg-DOMINANT map. Hehe. =]
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2004-08-14, 20:17 »

As for me owning Con there... who DIDN'T I own there?

/me is still Tabun™ property.

(by the way, nice site ya have Tab!)

Thanks mon, I'm working on a new site design though, so that old thing will soon be history ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2004-08-14, 21:51 »

Quote from: Tekhead
On another note, I and quite a few others here @ Qcon feel that Dead Souls is a freaking weird map to play on - FFA or Tourney. However, I was probably wrong in my opposistion of Trial by Error - I actually had a fun time playing it 1v1 with CrioKnight!

Pukka3tourney4 is a Strogg-DOMINANT map. Hehe. =]
I agree. Dead souls is WEIRD. In a good way though. It's complicated enough that total domination is hard to achieve, but not so complicated that it's impossible to navigate.

It's quite nice. Slipgate - Wink
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #29 on: 2004-08-14, 22:23 »

Omega and I went round and round on a 1 vs 1 match on Dead Souls last night.  I think the map got him more times than I did.  It's very easy to get lost, and just when you think you've figured a route out you end up going down the wrong passage, or you run in circles with nobody to shoot.  Skippy rockets aren't nearly as useful as one would think owing to the crazy layout.  I think I got more kills on that map with the shaft than anything else.

Otherworld is just strange.  You never know where anyone is going to be on that map.  I played that as Strogg on the Euro server and I had quite a hard time connecting the dots with 156+ ping, mostly because I had people right in my face half the time.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2004-08-14, 22:40 »

Dead Souls has a very intricate layout. No passage ends up on the same vertical level as it started. At least the only dangerous area is the quad area. Gotta be sure not to fall into the fog.

Otherworld actually has a very simple layout, once you understand where the teleports go.

If you think Otherworld is bad, you should try Areowalk, which Otherworld is VERY similar to. Aerowalk has about 8 teleporters in a map designed for 2-4 players. It's nuts.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: