2024-05-05, 08:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Body Modifications (Yay or Nay)  (Read 12479 times)
Moshman

Beta Tester
Vadrigar

Yarg!

« Reply #20 on: 2005-03-22, 18:06 »

I'm not a fad kind of person, I don't do it to be cool or better then anyone else. I agree that it is not the most important thing in one person's life. I got a managerial job because it got me scolarship oportunities and a nice four dollar raise. I designed the cross on my back myself, I got it tatooed for my own benefit. I don't like to spite the world, I am not one who enjoys people staring at my back. Its for me to remind myself who I am (yes I agree that it is primitive now that I think about it), not to tell others who I am. It wasn't an very important issue of getting a tatoo, it was much more then that to me. Now that I think about it maybe I could have done something else to express myself like through my artwork or something. I'm no extremest on this subject.

Bottom line is, that I didn't do it to be cool or gain attention, I did it because I wanted to mark myself with the symbol of the holy spirt. Not because I'm chirstian, because I know its truth. I don't go up to people and say "Look at my tatoo!" If people want to see whats on my back, I tell them, not with pride, not for own personal gain, I just tell them honestly. It will be the only thing I get in my life. So I do totally agree with you Tab, I was 15 when I got it, when I was younger and immature. I admit I could have done better then that, I should have waited until my mind matured, then I wouldn't have gotten it then.

Thanks for your imput Woodsman and Tab, gave me something to think about.
« Last Edit: 2005-03-22, 18:19 by Little Washu » Logged

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2005-03-22, 20:37 »

The scots stopped painting themselfs blue and started playing bagpipes and it seems to have worked out pretty well
for expression they also where killts with nothing underneath it  , makes you think ...... Slipgate - Off Topic
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2005-03-23, 01:43 »

Quote from: games keeper
for expression they also where killts with nothing underneath it  , makes you think ...... Slipgate - Off Topic
No, I believe it was more to do with practicality.  All sheep humor aside, I would imagine that it's a lot easier to use the bathroom that way.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #23 on: 2005-03-23, 09:03 »

I must say this is one of the better topics I have posted, and the feed back was positively great, though some could have been left out, I do respect all opinions giving. I also must say feed back was a bit different then I expected, but oh well, thats how it goes, my mind hasnt changed, but if I do plan on doing this, there are a few changes in my life I must conform to first, before making a serious decision on such a radical thing.
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #24 on: 2005-03-28, 11:32 »

if you REALLY want to do this, then you may as well go for it, but as con said, it could affect your potential for corporate ladder-climbing.  sure it may not be readily apparent.  but when you're sitting face-to-face across a desk with someone in a conference room -- or more importantly, in an interview -- as you're talking to each other, it will definitely become noticeable, as people who are actually paying attention to the person they're listening to (as interviewers and some coworkers generally do) tend to look directly at the face of the person speaking.

personally, i'm thinking about getting inked, but i don't know what i want.  i know i'm going to have to live with it for a lifetime, and i've already established it will be somewhere on/around my shoulder (either up high on my arm) where it would be pretty much under a shirt sleeve, or on my shoulder blade on my back.  i want to have something that represents me - an expression of myself - but at the same time, i don't want something that interferes with my daily life and social interactions.
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #25 on: 2005-04-02, 05:13 »

I think body modification is stupid. What's wrong with looking like a human being? What is the point of driving spikes into your nipples or putting things under your skin to look like something out of Star Trek? A lot of people do it thinking that they'll be perceived as rebellious or nonconformist, but that doesn't work. If 10 million people "rebel" in the same manner, is it really rebellion? If everyone finds the same way of being nonconformist, is it really nonconformity? I don't get this body-modification business.
« Last Edit: 2005-04-02, 06:08 by Woolie Wool » Logged
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #26 on: 2005-04-02, 06:03 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Health-wise, I'd suggest doing the logical thing and talking to a doctor.  That's the only place you're going to get a straight answer.

My question is... what benefit will this be?  What's the point?  Humans seem to have a tendency to like to change their bodies in unnatural ways.  I don't really understand it myself, I never have.  If you want to be something other than human I certainly could understand that, but forking your tongue will just make you a human with a forked tongue.  I know this will cost money, there's one downside right there.  I just don't see the point to such modifications.  Clothing you can change.  Even ear rings can be removed and some just clip on.  Same with rings.  If you want to adorn yourself, why not just keep it easier?  Any physical modifications are by definition injury.  Keep that in mind as well.  Me, well I look silly enough when I'm molting, I wouldn't go plucking out feathers "just to be different."

It's up to you what you ultimately do, just think it through thoroughly.  Don't jump into it just because it's an underground fad.
Amen.Cheers!
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #27 on: 2005-04-04, 13:32 »

Just remembered: I have 4 gold teeth. does this count as body modification?  Doom - Huh?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #28 on: 2005-04-04, 13:45 »

That depends where you stuck them? :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #29 on: 2005-04-04, 17:17 »

Well, they're in the normal place at the moment. But fangs might be nice....
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: