2024-05-14, 15:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OH THANK HEAVENS ! (I'm done !)  (Read 7991 times)
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« on: 2003-12-19, 18:54 »

After long maticulous hours, I finally finished my English portfolio (over the video gaming community) this morning and handed it in. I stayed up til 4 last night working on it and woke up at 8 to put finishing touches on it. I'm extremely pleased w/ it and hope it earns me an A since it's worth 50% of my grade. I even got some screenies of Gen in there. =P This marks the end of the semester for me, as I am in dire need of some time off. I'll let you guys know the outcome when I go to pick it up on Monday. *crosses fingers* I'd like to apologize to anybody and everybody I crabbed at last night. As many of you might already know, this year has been hell for me, and this project wasn't making it any better. Sorry again. =/

So what next ? It look as if I'll have to take some mandatory time off from school. I might end up getting kicked out of the university for having bad grades 2 semesters in a row. Let's just hope that my English grade pulls the rest of it up. *crosses fingers* If I do by chance pass, I can't register for next semester anyways. I can't come up w/ enough money to pay off my bill at the university in time to register for next semester. I guess this is a sign that I need to think harder about what I want to do w/ my life as I've been going down a dead end road my entire college career. It's time to sit down and think about what I really feel like I could do for the rest of my life.

So now here comes the hard part. I'm gonna have all this free time on my hands. What in the heck am I going to do w/ myself ? Any ideas ? Hehe. I'm hoping to possibly travel a little bit. See some place other than Nebraska for a change. Continue to get physched about QuakeCon. Maybe I should get crackin on how to make a website. That could come in handy. Perhaps get to drawing again.

With that, I want to wish everybody a Happy Holidays. Be safe, have fun and all that jazz. Don't do anything I wouldn't ... oh wait, that's bad advice. *giggles*
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-19, 19:45 »

Just sit back, grab some 'ludes, and surf all the pron channels.
That's life, baby.  That's life.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-19, 20:29 »

Quote from: l4mby
So now here comes the hard part. I'm gonna have all this free time on my hands. What in the heck am I going to do w/ myself ? Any ideas ?
Join the military!!

ok, no really...
hehe
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-19, 23:27 »

Sorry dic, but boot camp would kill me. And the military would never accept me anyways, so that's not a viable option. =P
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-21, 08:04 »

Bah, I say continue working, and with free time comes more time for work.  Work = money.  Money = ability to do stuff and/or go places.  Besides, if it's a pud job, they won't mind you taking off here and there so you can go where you wish.  You know yer welcome when I have time.  And may be a good idea to find some direction, babe.  At least a clue as to where to go next.  Things change all the time.  Ride it out.  And don't forget to take the time to enjoy life.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-21, 20:39 »

What's wrong with boot camp? Slipgate - Tongue hehe nah i know the feeling but im sure you'll find a way in life too Slipgate - Smile
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-21, 23:07 »

So now here comes the hard part. I'm gonna have all this free time on my hands. What in the heck am I going to do w/ myself ? Any ideas ? Hehe. I'm hoping to possibly travel a little bit. See some place other than Nebraska for a change. Continue to get physched about QuakeCon. Maybe I should get crackin on how to make a website. That could come in handy. Perhaps get to drawing again.

Come visit Gina and me!  Thumbs up!

As for what you can do...you wouldn't happen to know C/C++ would you? We need someone to make Blast Arena. Slipgate - Wink

And if you need webdesign hints, just let me know!
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-21, 23:25 »

lol con ... I know a _little_ and I mean _very little_ C++. It taught me that programming is the devil. =P I can't program, sorry. However, if there's anything else I could help w/, I'd love to. =)

Oh, and con, lol, how about you just show me how to do everything website related. =P
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-22, 03:45 »

Thank god indeed.

Beer? I'm down.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-22, 04:28 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs

And if you need webdesign hints, just let me know!
Come teach me all about SSI.
Mine misbehaves.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-22, 14:32 »

If you're using a php enabled webserver, this is the thing to do.

Code:
<?php include("http://location.of.your.file/file.xxx"); ?>

If you're using the kind of SSI that goes something like the following, be SURE that your page is saved as a .shtml file.

Code:
(this isn't exact. I haven't used this in ages, and I don't have access to my old files on this machine).

<!-- #include file.xxx -->

Go check out http://www.htmlgoodies.com or http://www.webmonkey.com for more details on the second example. Use http://www.php.net for PHP related inquiries.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-22, 15:14 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
be SURE that your page is saved as a .shtml file.

DOH!  It's always those little things that get me.  I completely forgot about that part.  No wonder it was ignoring all my snippets.   Slipgate - Roll Eyes   Slipgate - Roll Eyes   Slipgate - Roll Eyes   Slipgate - Roll Eyes  
Hey, it was late... I was tired... just learning...
um...
yeah...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-22, 17:33 »

Yup, that'd do it! Slipgate - Wink
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-22, 21:57 »

YOU STOLE MY THUNDER ! BAD CON ! =P

In other news, today has been a bad day. I finally told my mom that I can't go to school next semester b/c I can't afford to pay the bill. Then it turned into what my GPA is. And you can guess where it went from there ... all downhill.

However, I did get my portfolio back today. I had it for more than half an hour before I finally opened it. I got an A on the portfolio, and a B+ in the class. So I guess at least sth good happened today.
« Last Edit: 2003-12-22, 21:58 by l4mby » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: