2024-05-14, 03:05 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quake Remix (Did anyone see this?)  (Read 5175 times)
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« on: 2006-04-25, 19:53 »

Quake Remix

Looks pretty promising, can't wait to give it a try.

Beer? I'm down.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #1 on: 2006-04-25, 23:27 »

I like the look of this, but the words "water" and "dead" come to mind. Kind of like Q2: Lost Marine Slipgate - Tongue

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #2 on: 2006-04-26, 20:07 »

I am really looking forward to this. I just hope there are a few good maps for it, or Doom 3 maps that will work.

I have to get over this fixation with Q1. I was a game virgin when I first played it, and I seem to be stuck. Slipgate - Ownage
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #3 on: 2006-04-26, 21:26 »

Quote from: scalliano
I like the look of this, but the words "water" and "dead" come to mind. Kind of like Q2: Lost Marine Slipgate - Tongue
Q2: Lost Marine isn't dead. They just converted it as a mod for Quake IV.

I've been wrong before, but I did a little research on the matter and it appears that's the plan.

Conversely, the last update was February of 2006. I'm not sure then on that juncture.

Beer? I'm down.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #4 on: 2006-04-27, 00:26 »

Exactly. Usually when a mod switches base game you can be sure that it's doomed to development hell, just look at MatrixQ3. Plus, Q2LM is by the same team that "brought" us Unreal Arena, and look how that turned out. However, I hope that this mod sees the light of day, but until there's a playable beta I'm not holding my breath. Still, I could be wrong (I hope) ...

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2006-04-27, 01:47 »

Well, I don't know much about the Q2LM project outside of a dispute between Kiltron and the Odium from the Q2Evolved team that I read about a while back.  I do know it was supposed to be for Doom 3 and they switched to Q4.  Is it dead?  Who knows.  I'm sure some people think Gen is dead, even though I'm definitely still working on it.  When you don't have tons of nifty screenshots to show off sometimes it looks like inactivity.  That might be the case for Q2LM.  It might be alive and well, then again, maybe not.  Who can say?  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2006-04-27, 19:42 »

Looks damn nice! Slipgate - Smile Quake FTW! Now with good graphics Slipgate - Tongue
McDeth

Makron

Wildly Inappropriate

« Reply #7 on: 2006-04-28, 18:17 »

Well irregardless (yes, I used the word "irregardless" the most hated word in the English language), I am looking forward to this mod. It will bring me back to my happy childhood where I would get drunk of of violent video games and (are you reading closely Jack Thompson?) NOT KILL PEOPLE, AT ALL.

Slipgate - Ownage

Beer? I'm down.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #8 on: 2006-04-29, 10:59 »

Yeei, one more mod to run in 10 FPS!
I hate my PC. But it does look interesting. The models are looking nice, and so is the lvl.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: