2024-04-16, 14:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to fly? Pay a fine. (Security gone too far)  (Read 3432 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-02-21, 23:48 »

http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/2004022...20/5944418s.htm

First rule of running a government: When you can't raise taxes, find another source of revenue.  This reminds me of how traffic cops end up ticketing people in order to meet "quotas", and how police departments gripe about "lost revenues" from when people actually obey the law.

My suggestion to those wanting to fly somewhere - grow a pair of wings.  Preening is a lot less of a hassle than all of this.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #1 on: 2004-02-22, 00:44 »

''Attitude'' is listed among the ''aggravating factors'' that can result in a fine. Other criteria include the type of item, evidence of a passenger's intent and history of previous violations. Civil penalties now range from $250 to $10,000.

this is an over exaggeration on my part: so if joe security guy is feeling particuarily mean he can claim someone has a bad attitude and fine them 10000 bucks..  

but you get the idea..

Each day, the TSA intercepts more than 15,000 prohibited items at airports across the USA.

with that many items being confiscated.. they could be making thousands selling them on ebay or something.. but no, they prefer to fine people..
« Last Edit: 2004-02-22, 00:46 by Hedhunta » Logged
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #2 on: 2004-02-22, 00:56 »

Ha! My country has to beat in stupidty

Every Airport in Canada has been charging a 20-50 dollar surcharge on tickets for "security" although the "security" fee wasn't being used for security except being funneled directly into the federal budget

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: