2024-04-18, 11:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sever The Sphinx Final (Come and Get it)  (Read 15271 times)
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #20 on: 2003-02-18, 00:04 »

That map is WEIRD... bloody hell, i got telefragged ALL the time in that room with the bloody stepping stone type thing, i guess its just taking the right stepping stone Slipgate - Smile

Anyway, im going to try a stroggish map next, heh... doom is too architecturally challenged for me
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #21 on: 2003-02-18, 02:17 »

I'm about 90% done the base architecture for dead simple, I think I'll call it Dev Simple, heh.

Which final Doom, TNT or Evilution?

Yeah that's one of the biggest problems with Doom is that your forced to try to fix people's mistakes, and believe me they are plentiful when compared by today's engines. I'll probibly try a strogg map also just because there is really a lack of those types of maps. Daedalus, may I suggest Lunarian's second Texture set or Evil 6.

Speaking of Q2 Themed Maps, has anyone checked out Prison 64 by R3tina? Think Doom 3 Architecture, with a twist of Q2, also a hell of a lot of fun. I'll find a link if anyone is interested
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2003-02-18, 05:14 »

The BFG is in the outer courtyard area.  There's a recess with a level exit switch with a 9K right near it on one of the walls.  This is only there in Deathmatch.  As for the single rockets, hmm... forgot about that.  Can probably omit those since the rocket launcher itself gives you 5 and not 2 in Gen Arena.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #23 on: 2003-02-18, 11:33 »

Dev Simple  :lol: :wub: (damn i love the wub smiley :wub:)
heh, got a nice ring to it,

so i take it you've given up on the Slipgate Complex/Ediface thingy?

I have one of lunarians texture sets, not sure which though... its the doomish one Slipgate - Laugh

As soon as i've finished Gladiator (or given up on him) i'll start a stroggish map.. if i get some inspiration.

Edit: By the way, TNT is Evilution Slipgate - Smile
The other Final Doom series thing was the Plutonium Device or something like that
And i played the TNT Map30, which did have all the weapons (all in one place) and was indeed very f**king annoying
« Last Edit: 2003-02-18, 11:35 by Daedalus » Logged
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #24 on: 2003-02-19, 05:15 »

So far Dev Simple is ugly, very very ugly, very much like the original, but very ugly. I need a theme here, cause this just isn't working

You have Lunarian's 3rd texture set then, get number 2, its very Quake2

As for my Slipgate complex, I think I'll leave it where it is until I can place monsters on the map, its really not much of a good DM map. It was good practice though
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2003-03-04, 01:29 »

how about the last [secret] map in doom2??

That'd be fun =]
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #26 on: 2003-03-04, 03:35 »

I've already done a wolfenstein map
http://devlar.topcities.com/devwolf.htm
flat =/=fun
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: