2024-04-28, 08:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipgate vs. Doom  (Read 26048 times)
mecha

Shambler

« on: 2004-03-02, 11:27 »

FINALLYYYYYYYY.... the wrecka has come back to Wirehead

and I have a major problem... it's with all you Doom-loving fools! and that pesky bird Phoenix, psshhhh... I'll destroy him with my axe. most feared with a BFG9000, my ass. I'll redefine fear with my rocket launcher just like I did back in 1997.

that's right, I declare war on Doom. everyone knows Slipgate is superior.

next week's custom game night is scheduled to be whatever the winning gametype of the poll is. we all know QWCTF is the best gametype ever, so Punisher and I will crack your skulls like hella. either way, you're gonna get the beatdown of a lifetime.

after talking with Pho and Con about it, the Slipgate vs. Doom war will be determined in a 3 Stages of Hell match. in which case, you'll get beaten down again, but just in case you get lucky, I'll lay out the rules: the winner of the best of 3 will be the winning class.

the 3 Stages of Hell will be as follows:

1.) Team DM (Slipgate vs. Doom)
2.) Classic CTF match (grapples, Slipgate vs. Doom)

then if there's a tie (note, if, since we're gonna probably win anyway), then the final phase will be...
3.) Fully-Loaded FFA

the winner of FFA will determine which class is superior. in which case, we all know I'm gonna win, so Slipgate will be proven once again as the superior class.

two teams will need to be assembled, one for each class. as it stands, team MDK (Slipgate) contains myself, Punisher, Dicion, ConfusedUs, and Lilazzkicker.

lots of luck forming a team, firebird! I will piss on your grave after I down you again and again and again  :angry:

oh and if you Earth, Strogg and Arena fools were wondering why you're excluded: it's cause your classes suck and you're not even worthy of being classed on the same level as us. Doom can take you all on, but Slipgate will crush Doom. henceforth, Slipgate will crush you all. HAHAHA!!!!

step up and get wtfpwned
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-02, 11:56 »

Not to sound really mean to you but you're starting to sound like a counterstrike player...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-02, 12:05 »

Genialus has a definite point. I'm sure it's just a way of trying to be funny, so whatever.. :]
But at this point, the only thing you have to do to prove that slipgate is 'superior', is to just.. muck around, click your button once in a while when you have the RL (that last bit shouldn't be too tough in a fully loaded game) - and voila! A Win ™.

Come back when you've stopped using the newbie class, and mastered something that the big boys like to play with ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-02, 12:06 »

i want a piece of this action count me in pho. :angry:
/me practices chainsawing slippy bitches.
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2004-03-02, 12:32 »

like Tab said, it's all in good fun. I'm not SERIOUS, I just wanna spark up a little more action to help promote the mod. test out the tourney play and such. test ya'll out too, since I haven't played yet.

bring it woodsman, that's why I got an axe *gets thoughts of chopping trees down* :angry:
« Last Edit: 2004-03-02, 12:33 by mecha » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-03-02, 12:37 »

you know why loggers stopped using axes? BECAUSE THEY GOT CHAINSAWS YA LITTLE PUNK!!
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2004-03-02, 13:51 »

not very effective when you run out of gas though Slipgate - Wink

even Ash had that problem! haha!
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2004-03-02, 13:53 »

Quote from: Woodsman
you know why loggers stopped using axes? BECAUSE THEY GOT CHAINSAWS YA LITTLE PUNK!!
Maybe but still axe murdering does have more class + you get the humiliation mark...

And  mecha, I kinda suspected it was just for fun, otherwise I wouldn't have tried to be polite. If you want to promote the mod i think you should post about in other forums, I learned about it in the anti-cs forum (www.anti-cs.com)

I'm not sure I want to go into the doom vs slipgate discussion I am better when I use doom but I sometimes get a feeling that it's just because I don't know how to use the slipper...
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2004-03-02, 14:10 »

I just love the slipgate, as I know it best, but I like to play different  classes now (after 4 weeks? of playing) as different levels need different tactics.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2004-03-02, 15:48 »

You'll regret having me and Phoenix on the same team, let alone both Doomers  Sipgate - Evil
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2004-03-02, 17:01 »

Oh hell, I'd LOVE to be in on that, but d3d makes my comp freak out, video stops responding, etc.. Maybe I can dump q3 on my lil bro's box, that MIGHT work..
Or, if I luck out, I MIGHT be able to get my mobo replaced...

In any event, if it involves me, pho, and tek as doom. I can see the rankings right now

1.) Team DM - Doom
2.) Classic CTF match (grapples) - Slipgate
3.) Fully-Loaded FFA - Doom

If #2 didn't have grapples, I'd say we'd own ya there too Slipgate - Tongue

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #11 on: 2004-03-02, 18:51 »

OMG ! Tab is right ... learn a non-newb class and then we can talk. =P

Hehe angst ... I dunno ... w/ the team that could be made of doomers ... it could pwn CTF. Now, I would personally love in on this. Slippy's need to learn their place.  Sipgate - Evil *cleans her chainsaw*
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #12 on: 2004-03-02, 19:15 »

L4mby:  What do you use to get those stubborn blood stains and dried entrails off of your chainsaw?

Hmm... you know what would be interesting a team of Slippies with 1 Strogg and a team of Doomers with 1 Arena.

/me huggles his gauntlet.

l4mby

Beta Tester
Spider Mastermind

« Reply #13 on: 2004-03-02, 19:41 »

Would you like a demonstration ? *starts up her chainsaw*  Sipgate - Evil

Doom will win. Hands down. *evil grin*
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #14 on: 2004-03-02, 20:08 »

noobie class? right.... Thats why I see 90% of the new people playing as Doom  Slipgate - Wink

Hehe angst ... I dunno ... w/ the team that could be made of doomers ... it could pwn CTF. Now, I would personally love in on this. Slippy's need to learn their place.  *cleans her chainsaw*

hah!  We may go easy on you in team dm with just a small victory, but CTF is gonna be the most painful experience you've ever had!

Doom needs to learn their place.  *sharpens his axe*
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2004-03-02, 20:21 »

Heh, Pun, mecha... if you Skippy whores actually win it will be because everyone decides to gang up on me at once, and Con will be sneaking around to shoot me in the back as often as possible.  That's twice you've sided with the other team from me.  I'll not soon forget it.  TRAITOR! :angry:  Prepare for a serious blimping!

The fact that you all feel you have something to prove here is a serious sign of insecurity.  I don't have anything to prove because I've kicked just about everyone's butt with the Doomer on a regular basis.  I'm still the long running king of Generations FFA.  Still, if you insist on going through with this then I will humor you.  Even if Tek and myself have to take you all on 2 vs 4 you'll have a fight you won't soon forget.  Just remember that if you lose you're going to be seriously humiliated for calling this match.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-03-02, 20:24 »

Who said I was fighting AGAINST you in this pho? I'm as annoyed by slippy spam as much as you are.

DIE SLIPPY WHORES!
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #17 on: 2004-03-02, 20:29 »

Now now con! Teams are being picked, and it looks like you've been snagged Slipgate - Wink
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #18 on: 2004-03-02, 20:31 »

I would say , I play ya both at the same time , but I need my sleep and Im not gonna stay awake for the US ctf games
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #19 on: 2004-03-02, 20:31 »

You got drafted like me Con so shut up and start talking smack about doom!  Thumbs up!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: