2024-04-26, 10:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Q2DM8 - Warehouse  (Read 21280 times)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #20 on: 2004-03-08, 15:50 »

Yes you're right pho, I'd forgotten about the MH.
Keep it up, and good health to ya - all in good time!

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Llurk

Dopefish

« Reply #21 on: 2004-03-09, 21:44 »

Well, since school has resumed for the week... there will be no updates to the map.  You continue w/ ideas.

Also, the map has been retextured using the "Clockwork Droid" texture set.  Looks much better.  I'll have pics up later.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #22 on: 2004-03-10, 23:21 »

Llurk:  You have a shader in your map that's breaking portal surfaces.  I kept getting blacked out portals on Vesperas and Q3DM0 until I disabled your beta pk3.  You need to fix that. :o

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Llurk

Dopefish

« Reply #23 on: 2004-03-11, 01:34 »

will have to look into that...

actually, I shouldn't... unless it affects the pk3 w/ clockwork droid textures also.

In fact, here  is the map w/ newer textures.  The map does NOT have bots enabled, etc.  Also, I already know of several errors (but feel free to tell me any you find).
« Last Edit: 2004-03-11, 16:25 by Llurk » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #24 on: 2004-03-11, 21:04 »

well that's one reason why you should place all shaders and texture in a unique name.. i try to do this before starting to texture the lvl.

aight cool downloading the latest beta..gonna try this tomorrow!
« Last Edit: 2004-03-11, 21:06 by ReBoOt » Logged
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #25 on: 2004-03-12, 23:04 »

dna was going to ask this but I'd like to know too, how did you change the textures so fast? is there a replace texture option in Radiant?
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #26 on: 2004-03-14, 01:10 »

Yes there are a replace texture option in radiant. works quite well too! Slipgate - Smile
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #27 on: 2004-03-14, 03:29 »

How?
Daedalus

CyberDemon

« Reply #28 on: 2004-03-14, 10:53 »

Click Textures --> Find/Replace.... bingo Slipgate - Smile
Pretty self explanatory from there
Llurk

Dopefish

« Reply #29 on: 2004-03-30, 23:50 »

OK, I've got a new more "presentable" release that I made a while ago that I can post on here.  So, expect something "soon".

Llurk out.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2004-03-31, 00:23 »

Awesome - I can't wait! The last build looked almost done =D
Llurk

Dopefish

« Reply #31 on: 2004-03-31, 01:32 »

Here is the link to the latest version I have.

Pretty much all that is left to do is to do any weapon placement adjustments that are needed and to do something about the crates since they do not crush.

Check it out. (bots work, etc)

Llurk out
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #32 on: 2004-03-31, 02:59 »

Llurk:  Generations .99e fixes the lack of damage problem for movers.  I still have to clean up the prediction for func_rotating and add some additional functionality, but boxes can and will crush you now.  It defaults to 2 damage units per frame, or 40 damage/second if no damage value is specified.  Id just forgot to do the damage in the code.  Since you don't want the boxes to slow down when they hitch against a player just assign a damage key of 10,000 or so and it will instagib anyone between the box and a wall.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #33 on: 2004-03-31, 03:06 »

Cool Pho, that just about completes the authentic feel of the map :]

Devlar

Makron

« Reply #34 on: 2004-03-31, 04:43 »

The map is meant to be rusty now, may I suggest you change the overly clean box textures, they don't seem to blend in properly with the rest of the rusty surrounding
« Last Edit: 2004-03-31, 04:44 by Devlar » Logged
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #35 on: 2004-05-21, 23:55 »

My observations:

IIRC the lighting in the area with the rail gun spawn was blue in Q2. Of course, you don't have to follow the visuals of the level to a T, but the blue lighting would add some nice variety to the map, which right now suffers from all looking pretty much the same.

Perhaps the fact that no one else seems to have mentioned it yet means I'm the lone objector here, but I'm not into the second RL spawn you put where the MG used to be. A couple bullet boxes would be more appropriate IMO, especially since the bullet boxes on the floor below were turned to lightning ammo. Keep the lightning ammo wherer it is though, cause it will still feed the chaingun for Strogg class and other classes will need ammo for their LG or whatever other weapon they get for chaingun pickup. At any rate, going from an MG to RL is a big jump, and excessive IMHO.

I think that's it. Besides that everything's pretty much perfect. The structure is spot on, and the weapon/item distrobution is all exactly right except for the RL/MG thing I mentioned. The textures are all just right, except for the fact that the lighting exposes their repetition. If you make a couple areas a little darker and put in the blue lights that were in parts of the original, I think it will break up the monotony nicely.

Anyway, great job, I'm looking forward to playing the final release.
« Last Edit: 2004-05-21, 23:59 by Gnam » Logged
Llurk

Dopefish

« Reply #36 on: 2004-05-22, 15:55 »

Reason for no blue lighting up top:  It looks like crap... trust me, you wouldn't like it.  Changing light values is certainly not a problem however... I'll look into it.

I'd love to make dirtier crates also... not sure how I'd want to do it yet though (as I didn't make the crate texture).

I haven't really had the time to play with the map at all recently.  Been getting stuff done w/ school and been quite busy at work.  Also been getting stuff sorted out for my move...  I'm moving to Plano/Frisco, TX to get started at The Guildhall.

Anyway, thanks for input... it's always appreciated.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #37 on: 2004-05-22, 15:56 »

I'd really like to see this finished before 99e comes out.

Please? Slipgate - Smile
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #38 on: 2004-05-22, 17:46 »

Yeah, the medkit is Adrenaline for Strogg now. Just see it as an updated version of the original (it doesn't have experiation date NOW() Slipgate - Wink). Just an RA for that spawn would work fine in the map, if you ask me.

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #39 on: 2004-07-06, 01:52 »

Bump!

Here's to hoping Llurk finished this great map!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: