2024-04-26, 09:18 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Don't do drugs kids...  (Read 31512 times)
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #20 on: 2004-03-19, 18:57 »

Yup, that would be a good vacation.

How hard do you think it would be to Fed Ex me over there?  Do you have an overnight delivery stop?
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #21 on: 2004-03-19, 18:57 »

nah i dont think ill visit. sounds cold. bet it has good fishing though.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #22 on: 2004-03-19, 19:00 »

Curacao?  Cold?  Not the Curacao I'm thinking of...
digismack

« Reply #23 on: 2004-03-19, 19:05 »

Sounds cold? It's in the southern Caribbeans only 12? or so off the equator, it hits 95??F nearly every day. We have nice sandy beaches, clear blue water, great nightlife. Tons to do either by yourself, with a friend, or even bring the family. So how about QuakeCon coming up soon? woot!
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #24 on: 2004-03-19, 19:08 »

still bet it has good fishing
digismack

« Reply #25 on: 2004-03-19, 19:14 »

From what I've heard there is pretty good fishing. I've only been once and the guy was using his hands to cast the wire out of a pretty small boat. A friend of mine just got a nice yacht and I'm supposed to go fishing with him sometime, I'll let ya' know how it goes.
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #26 on: 2004-03-19, 19:38 »

Lol, I wouldn't waste my time fishing, but sandy beaches and clear blue water sound good to me.
digismack

« Reply #27 on: 2004-03-19, 19:49 »

Well if you really want to come for vacation, you can stay at my place if you want. I'll show you around all the nice beaches n' stuff. Show you where the girls are  Thumbs up!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #28 on: 2004-03-19, 19:55 »

/me takes the plane .
maybe next quakecon should be at  curacao  B)
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #29 on: 2004-03-19, 20:30 »

I agree with Tabun et all on the pot thing, but I do know one guy who is seriusly burnt out. Used to be in a band with him....now he can't even remember what he played, let alone how.

All things in moderation. We each have our weaknesses. I'm currently a chocoholic.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #30 on: 2004-03-19, 21:05 »

Heh, I have nothing wrong with naturally-occuring substances. The drugs *I* dislike come out of some amateur chemist's basement.

But as with any substance that has a solid effect on your equilibrium, taken in moderation or not at all. Smoking pot itself is relatively harmless, same as taking a shot of whiskey. But if you do it every day, things are gonna stop working right.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2004-03-19, 21:12 »

Pot: People blaming the drug.

Alcohol: People blaming the people (but not really blaming! ..as much, because there's taxes and it's not actually that bad because not many people get killed at all really and there's no need to worry it's just harmless entertainment forget about A.A. already get ready for a mental-reset-mindsweep thankyou)

Smoking, Nicotine: People blaming the people (The people selling it, that is)

Murder, Schoolshootings etc: People blaming people.

Economic struggle: People blaming people (preferrably ethnic minorities and/or of other race/nationality than themselves)

Shed the shackles of the clich? already. Also, acting like pot is equal to or worse than heroin is rather silly.
Moderation is key. If one does not know moderation, one does not HAVE any brain cells worth mentioning in the first case.
« Last Edit: 2004-03-19, 21:14 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
MantiCore

Cacodemon

« Reply #32 on: 2004-03-20, 02:43 »

>Most of my friends do Tons of pot, and none of them is dumb.

The "is" speaks for itself.
jess

Archvile

« Reply #33 on: 2004-03-20, 04:24 »

I think the writer was on drugs as well... "Police say" every line is a little repetitive...
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #34 on: 2004-03-20, 09:11 »

Drugs:  People pretending like it's a non-issue / "doesn't hurt ME man." / denial of medical facts.

Well you know Nightshade is perfectly natural.  So is hot molten lava.  That doesn't mean they're good for you.  The only reason I can figure people don't want to believe this is that they're too unwilling to give up their habit when confronted with facts, so it's easier to just dismiss the facts.  For those who know people who are "ok" while doing this stuff, I ask you this:  How old are said people, how long have they been doing their chemical or choice, and how heavily?  If they're young, say 20's or so, then you've not waited long enough.  By the time people get burned out it's too late to go back, and the damage cannot be undone.  You can't say there are not risks without lying to yourself about it.  A little may not hurt you, true, but over a long period of time it will.

I suppose I'll never understand the pothead mentality.  I can see so many more useful things to do with one's life than smoke it away and waste it on some stupid weed.  To each their own I suppose.  Vices never did make sense to me, and I doubt they ever will.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #35 on: 2004-03-20, 15:19 »

Well you know Nightshade is perfectly natural. So is hot molten lava. That doesn't mean they're good for you. The only reason I can figure people don't want to believe this is that they're too unwilling to give up their habit when confronted with facts, so it's easier to just dismiss the facts

I will not give up my potatoes or tomatoes  :angry:

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2004-03-20, 15:32 »

Quote from: MantiCore
>Most of my friends do Tons of pot, and none of them is dumb.

The "is" speaks for itself.
You discuss like you play quake Manticore. Weakly and without making any sense.

First of all: I Do Not Smoke Pot Myself.

Secondly: I Am Human, And Therefore Err On Occasion. Try comparing my posts with some people that were born in a country where English is the first language and see that I, in fact, am doing fairly remarkable.
Apart from the occasional error, which you will gladly point out. And oh yes, that one single error that I understand and acknowledge will definately undermine my entire statement.
Oh boy. Why is this shite not in CC by now. I feel like insulting people.

Anyway, Pho, you're right about some people going for the 'it's natural' and 'it has no adverse effects', but I never made any such claims. The effects are (obviously) per joint as bad as for smoking, and although in moderation (there it is again) the effects are as insubstantial as for drinking, they are there.
What ticks me off is that people pretend it KILLS INSTANTLY, that it ruins life after life like it is bloody heroin. And it simply isn't - it does so much less harm than alcohol, and that was the bigger part of the point. Whenever I get in a fight with a pothead in the middle of the night somewhere, I'll adjust this statement ;]

If the bandmembers of most of the stuff I listen to wouldn't have had vices of any kind, I'm sure I'd be listening to awfully boring music, btw - That alone is justification enough for me. And I am sure of it, that were I to do weed once in a while, I would only skin better.
« Last Edit: 2004-03-20, 15:37 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #37 on: 2004-03-20, 15:49 »

Quote from: Tabun
Whenever I get in a fight with a pothead in the middle of the night somewhere, I'll adjust this statement ;]
a pothead... getting in a fight... ??

Even if there was only one hershey bar left in the whole world, potheads wouldn't go at it - they'd break it in half, or one would eat and the other would forgive/forget  :blink:
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #38 on: 2004-03-21, 05:26 »

Tab:  Couldn't agree more with you,  except I don't see how you could possibly improve on skinning perfection. B)

Tek:  Try to take their pot away and then see how fast you get in a fight with them.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #39 on: 2004-03-21, 09:15 »

Haha, no doubt. Pot in and of itself in small quantities is relatively minor. But too many people use it as a crutch. I know a lot of people who start smoking to relieve stress, then they KEEP smoking because they can't stop. Ciggs or pot, either one, it's just a different kind of addiction in my experience.

Not to say I'm entirely free of them. Caffeine and computers have legitimately ruined portions of my life Slipgate - Tongue. But one has to deal with the consequences of one's actions..

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: