2024-04-28, 09:13 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Feedback Thread  (Read 29475 times)
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #40 on: 2004-04-18, 21:44 »

Quote from: Tabun
Well, this is a vague one, and I haven't tested it myself yet. cg_drawRewards shows the rewards you acquired, above the 'you fragged...' message. It may also indeed toggle the viewing of the rewards above the players ingame.
cg_scoreplums however, toggles the showing of the score-change a player has just gone through. Suicide results in a red -1 floating up, for instance. I'm unsure where the plums themselves fit in .. so test freely ;]
I believe scoreplums were mostly used in Team Arena - aren't they the scores you see float when you do anything?  Like when you are shooting the other teams power core (I forget what they call it now Slipgate - Tongue) you see the steady stream of scores float up?  That's the plume.  Use a machine gun on it and it's a pretty steady stream.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #41 on: 2004-04-19, 01:54 »

oh yeah...I forgot about those things since I haven't had Team Arena on my comp in like a year. I'll deffintely be putting those to 0 next time I run Q3.

Arg! My centertime keeps on getting reset to 3 after one game, no matter what. The only time it doesn't change is if I use the devmap command, so this must be part of the cheat protection. What the hell was Id thinking!? If you can actually see after you kill someone then you're cheating!? Can you guys please remove the cheat protection on this for Gen?
« Last Edit: 2004-04-19, 02:20 by Gnam » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #42 on: 2004-04-19, 03:17 »

Again, on my system & setup I have no trouble adjusting the centertime.. even though it does say it's cheat protected, it's still at the value I set it at, for every game. Are you testing it on a server? That's about the only thing I'm not sure of yet, namely. I'll have to see about that next forum game ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #43 on: 2004-04-19, 18:20 »

I've been playing completely offline. Are you sure you don't have developer set to 1 or something? I guess I'll try online at some point, who knows, maybe it'll work.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #44 on: 2004-04-19, 18:43 »

Absolutely positive. Cheats are disabled in all the games I've tried, and I've tested it both in Generations & Vanilla Q3..

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #45 on: 2004-04-20, 03:21 »

Here's something to keep in mind.  Some client-side cvars can only be set from the console if the cgame.vm is running.  This means once the game actually starts.  You can't do it from the main menu.  Also, if a cvar is not sticking in Gen you may have to check the q3config.cfg in your baseq3 folder.  Try adding the seta cg_centertime 0 statement to both q3config.cfg files and it should work.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #46 on: 2004-04-24, 01:16 »

I did try putting the setting in the q3config and it changed them anyway. I guess I've given up trying to get it to work for now. No big deal, thanks for your help guys.
Boffo

« Reply #47 on: 2004-04-26, 11:37 »

I  have a request.   Is it possible to make the slipgate rocket launcher look as close as possible to the Quake 1 rocket launcher?  That rocket launcher is a symbol for that game.  It would immerse me even further.  Thanks.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #48 on: 2004-04-26, 11:39 »

It's done - just wait for 99e.

http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/img/skin/...liprl_shots.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/img/skin/...lipgl_shots.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/img/skin/...rnail_shots.jpg
http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/img/skin/...ilgun_shots.jpg

Thumbs up!
« Last Edit: 2004-04-26, 11:42 by Tekhead » Logged
Boffo

« Reply #49 on: 2004-04-26, 11:48 »

Oooooh.  Very nice.  Slipgate - Smile
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #50 on: 2004-04-26, 11:49 »

Check out the offical "what's coming up for 99e" thread here:
http://forums.wireheadstudios.org/index.ph...t=ST&f=2&t=1214
« Last Edit: 2004-05-04, 22:12 by Tekhead » Logged
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #51 on: 2004-05-04, 21:15 »

Arg, I still can't stand that center frag text...Is there any way to atleast make it smaller? (Preferable size=0 Slipgate - Tongue)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #52 on: 2004-05-04, 21:19 »

Perhaps some way to influence cg_centertime via the menus, and have Q3 actually remember the setting, would indeed be nice ;]

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #53 on: 2004-05-05, 07:06 »

Indeed. Promode, for one, has a plethora of HUD options, including the ability to switch frag text off and on (without reseting every game). I don't think Gen needs tons of HUD options (although if someone had extra time on their hands after everything else was done it would be nice) but some simple proprietary, non-cheat-protected method for disabling/enabling that dern text would be extremely appreciated. A size option would be good cause then you could just set it to 0, or make it small enough to not be in the way if you still wanted it there.

The other annoying text is the "FIGHT" that shows when you restart a match. One time I kept on restarting a bot match against Klesk to perfect my start up, but he always got the upper hand durring the first couple seconds of the match because all I could see was "FIGHT!" and I could scarecely aim my rails.
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #54 on: 2004-05-05, 10:31 »

Quote from: Gnam

The other annoying text is the "FIGHT" that shows when you restart a match. One time I kept on restarting a bot match against Klesk to perfect my start up, but he always got the upper hand durring the first couple seconds of the match because all I could see was "FIGHT!" and I could scarecely aim my rails.

That sounds like a REALLY  bad excuse, I know be cause I did that too and yes the "FIGHT" is annoying. But it's nothing that prevents you from winning a fight.

speaking of cpma, could you borrow their bots? I really like them
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #55 on: 2004-05-06, 05:56 »

Hey, I didn't say it made me lose the whole match, I just said it gave him an advantage in the begining! Slipgate - Shouting

CPMA's bots are good, though they seem to use a lot of CPU power. I don't know if they need to be that beefed up, but it would be nice to give them additoinal awareness of how to use the new weapons. I think it's the Bad Place, where the quad spawns by the PG, and basically if you're playing Earth bots you never have to worry about them getting the quad because they will fry themselves and drop it as soon as you hear "QUAD DAMAGE!" Slipgate - Laugh
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #56 on: 2004-05-08, 02:34 »

HUDs are 1.0 material. We can probably talk about putting in these options after 99e
Paco the Taco

Imp

« Reply #57 on: 2004-06-03, 07:27 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Yes, we need 100% confirmation on this.  If the sounds are open and not copyrighted that means we can use them for Generations!
Speaking of using the sounds from Doom, I would highly recommend the sounds from the Playstation version. I hope those sounds would be considered public domain as well. They absolutely rock! The shotguns sound way cool. All the weapons for that matter sound very cool. If the Playstation version's sounds are not public domain, I will settle for the old version's sounds.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #58 on: 2004-06-03, 20:42 »

Yes, the sounds from the PSX version are the same as Doom 64, they rock. But speaking of which....

Would it be possible to allow client-side custom sound paks durring online games? I went through the trouble of making my own sound pak a while ago, and it was great for killing bots, especially since I never played online, but now that I'm playing online a lot, it's kinda useless. If the sound effects were not largely just placeholders it wouldn't be the slight annoyance it is, but a few...like the Doom pistol/chaingun and single-shottie, as well as the Luger in particular....are rather....underwhelming. I understand the complications with making sound effects when there are no sound engineers on the team, but allowing us our own alternatives would be nice.

Also, if the options to disable frag text (permanently) and feedback sounds (doink!) were in 99e that would be awesome.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #59 on: 2004-06-03, 21:36 »

As for the client-side pk3s, this is the famous pure-server issue.
The pure setting is a pretty effective way of making sure people don't cheat with brightskins or spikemodels etc. I'm all in favour of that, since it's one of those things that sucked a lot in the Quake2 scene.
However, I feel there ought to be a list of files that shouldn't be affected or trigger the pure system. How is changing the Q3 Font cheating? How does one cheat by replacing announcer sounds with dutch versions (Slipgate - Wink)? What's so bad about changing hud icons or crosshairs?
Now, in-game sounds are a different matter, because making very loud sounds might make it easier to hear things, taking away game-elements.

At present, there are no plans to 'fix' this for Generations. I'm still all in favour of a way to allow harmless modifications even when sv_pure is enabled.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: