2024-04-29, 05:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Off-Topic Topic returns! (With a vengence!!)  (Read 15738 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #40 on: 2004-03-19, 02:14 »

Quote from: dna
Looks like Con already has his copy of UT2K4
Actually, at the time of that post, I was in GameStop, trading in my gamecube so I could get UT2k4 Slipgate - Wink
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #41 on: 2004-03-19, 23:22 »

The text below is a rant of mine to a friend about Pokemon Sapphire....

Hello children.  This is Mr. Rogers.
Today's phrase is, "sporking Registeel."
You see children, Kain is a very honorable but very poor Pokemon trainer.  He doesn't even have enough money to buy the supplies he needs to beat the elite four.  He's very honest though and tries very hard children.  He's determined to catch the rarest Pokemon in the world.

There are three rare rock Pokemon called the Regis.  Our Kain caught two of them already.  It wasn't a tough battle for our Kain but it was taxing on his resources.  He managed to catch them both though with a Timer Ball.  Do you kids know what a timer ball is?

A Timer Ball is a type of pokeball that increases your chance of catching a pokemon, the longer the battle goes on.  But guess what children?  Registeel didn't like to play by the rules.

Poor Kain tried and he tried to catch mean ole Registeel but Registeel did not want to obey the rules of the game.  No sir.  After 30 minutes into the battle, Registeel wasn't even phased by the timer balls anymore.  He just decided to cheat and disobey the game laws.  Our honorable Kain reset his game and tried again.

This time, nasty ole Registeel decided to keep killing Kain's pokemon since Kain was so generous as to let Registeel live.  Kain was using even more resources than he could afford to purchase again.  Because of Registeel's actions children, Kain would not be able to beat the Elite 4, so Kain tried all his pokeballs save the Master Ball.  Mean old Registeel was still being evil so Kain had to take drastic measures.

He smited Registeel's ass and sent him to pokemon hell.

After all that anguish, Kain resetted the game and tried again.  Kain then tried for a third time, but Registeel was still being a sporking prick children. Kain cried out in despair and prayed to the pokegods that just one Timer Ball out of the precious 10 he had left would work.  And it did but after 6 of them children.

And that children is why today's phrase is "sporking Registeel".  If you ever see a Registeel in your neighboorhood... he's not your neighbor.  So give him a swift kick to the shin or the teeth like friendly ole Mr. Rogers would.

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #42 on: 2004-03-19, 23:56 »

I'd rather be axe-murdered, one digit at a time, than to have anything to do with Pokemon.  Big Gun Sobbing

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #43 on: 2004-03-20, 00:15 »

What's up with the Pkemon hating?   Doom - Huh?
death_stalker

Makron

« Reply #44 on: 2004-03-20, 04:00 »

My son watches it EVERYDAY. Big Gun  Banging Head against Wall please?

Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #45 on: 2004-03-21, 13:29 »

Bleh.  I decided on scrapping the story I previously posted. Slipgate - Smile  Here's something you might find a little more humorous instead.  This is an excerpt from a conversation my friend John and I had about this article on Slashdot and the subsequent website it linked to.  Here's the link to the Slashdot article:
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=04/01/1...tid=159&tid=186

Kain-Xavier: Reminds me of a power-loader from Aliens.
Kain-Xavier: I got a kick out of the Evangelion joke too
John: That's the one thing they never explained about EVA.
John: Why the spork were all the pilots kids?
Kain-Xavier: That executive guy likes them young.
Kain-Xavier: He takes them back to his NERVerland Ranch.
John: Ikari?
John: Dude, that guy is Shinji's dad.
John: HAR!  He also has the best sporking line in the entire series.
Kain-Xavier: The silent dude with the folded hands?
John: Yeah.
Kain-Xavier: o.O
Kain-Xavier: Wait so Rei is a clone of Shinji's mom?
John: Indeed.
Kain-Xavier: That's really sporked up.
John: No shit.
Kain-Xavier: No wonder why Shinji has problems.
John: Anyway, best line in the series.
John: At one point, the entire complex (which is underground, remember) is shut down because of an angel attack.  Not blown up or anything, just the power is off.
John: Everyone is bitching because that means no A/C, and it's sporking hot.  
John: One of the minor characters goes off on a big long tanget about how Commander Ikari is such a good example for the rest of them, because he's in his office trying to do his work while everyone else is just lying around because of the heat.
John: They go to his office.  He's in his standard folded-hands pose, with his underling guy standing behind him.  He goes "It's.....  hot."
John: The way he says it is sporking funny as hell.
Kain-Xavier: LOL
« Last Edit: 2004-03-24, 10:54 by Kain-Xavier » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: