2024-03-29, 10:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I love the legal system! (AKA: Let's sue everyone again!)  (Read 3260 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-03-26, 08:01 »

http://cbsnewyork.com/njnews/NJ--CoachSued...urces_news_html

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) A former high school basketball player who claims her eating disorder stemmed from her coach's request that she lose 10 pounds has won a $1.5 million jury award.

This is just plain retarded. Lots of sports and sports teams set weight limits or goals.

I'm seriously tired of everyone suing everyone else for every little thing. Some leigslature somewhere needs to pass a "no bullshit" law so that a judge can simply laugh in someone's face for being a moron.

Grrrr.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-03-26, 08:12 »

Well they tried to do that for the firearms industry but the Democrats tacked on a bunch of new amendments, including a new and even MORE invasive "assault weapons" ban to replace the one that ends this year, nevermind the fact that statistically it's had zero effect on crime, as well as a whole other rash of BS that basically made the law useless.  After all, if you can't outlaw something just sue them to death, right?  Support trial lawyers - vote for Kerry!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #2 on: 2004-03-26, 09:39 »

This is just as sad as that balletrina thing in Russia a few months back, but then with 2/3rds of north americans overweight its not a surprise that court cases are popping up left and right
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-03-26, 11:28 »

Watching what happens in USA is just like watching a game or a film. Daft things happen that you think 'that wouldn't happen in real life'  

But it is real life over there. It frightens me shitless. It seems to be accepted as norm over there by most people.

Unless this is just some kind of DARK CITY (watched it yesterday 2 times) :unsure:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: