2024-04-29, 02:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite GenArena weapon?  (Read 14717 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« on: 2004-04-14, 05:30 »

If you could pick one weapon out of the GenArena arsenal, what would it be, and why?

My pick is the mortar. It's fast, can get into those hard to reach places, and has a huge splash.

The earth flamethrower is a close second. I like fire.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-14, 06:14 »

My favorite Gen weapon of all would have to be the largely underrated Q1 lightning gun (shaft). It's so strong, yet many misuse it and underestimate the power it's capable of. It is afterall Q1's "BFG", per se, and mows down anything in its path in the right hands. It's even more lethal when quadded Slipgate - Laugh

My next favorite is the Q2 railgun. Artful, personalized rail trails, and really damn powerful. If you've got proper aiming abilities, it's great at any range Slipgate - Smile

3rd would be the BFG9000, because... damn. Hail to the king (of BFGs) baby! It's THE funkiest weapon in all of Gen, and when used with finesse is very rewarding.
« Last Edit: 2004-04-14, 08:25 by Tekhead » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-14, 07:22 »

I'd have to say BFG9000.  It's the original, and still the best of all BFG's.  I loved it in Doom, and I love it in Gen too.  Popping someone with a direct hit from the plasma ball is sweet.

Second, I'd have to say the Plasma Rifle.  Nothing beats mowing down bad guys with contained, coherent electrostatic fury.  In real life this weapon would be capable of punching holes in tank armor like it was paperboard, and would crispy-fry just about any living thing and turn it inside out in a hurry.

What can I say, I love plasma-based weaponry. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-14, 07:56 »

You're all going to hate me, but my favorite weapon in Generations Arena is the same as my favorite weapon in Quake 3.  I love the Arena gauntlet dearly.

My second, favorite weapon would have to be the Strogg grenades as I enjoy chucking stuff at my opponent, and I like to share my pain  with others. Slipgate - Smile

Doom's chainsaw takes third place for my favorite weapons.  It is quite a lot of fun to use, but I enjoy use the other two just a little bit more.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-14, 13:00 »

Variation, good!

Favourite weapon, you say? Hmm...

1. Doom's double barreled pelletinator
Well, you all know the deal.. this thing would make shotgun-suicides that much more effective.. (the kick ass award)
2. I agree with Kain, the strogg grenades.
Tons of fun to play with, and a lot of people underestimate 'em. (the fun award)
3. The doom saw.
Although I don't use it often - dragging someone to a stop, and chewing their flesh is very evil indeed. (the evil award)

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-14, 14:02 »

What can I say, I love plasma-based weaponry
phoenix , bird of plasma  Thumbs up!

my choice would be the double barreled doomshotgun (note , the 99a version still owns the most , but in the other versions  its still a beasty gun ) <3

the flamethrower , nothing owns more then flaming sombody , and even when you die , get a frag 2 seconds later because sombody was still torching around thx to your flames

the fist with bezerkerpack and quaddamage  , nothing is nicer then making your opponent go splat with 1 good nice fistsmack .

the mortar , people just leep againts the shlls anyway ( still have fun with thise since I met jaq on the edge   <3

the grapple + chainsaw = evil dead if the other guy doesnt notice it fast enough . Sipgate - Evil
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-14, 15:42 »

For all of you that live the chainsaw, you know you can just find a real one, paint it yellow, and go to town, right? Slipgate - Smile
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-14, 16:16 »

but I cant find a grapple , nor can I find a quad damage , nor can I find a bezerkerpack
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-14, 16:21 »

Quote from: ConfusedUs
For all of you that live the chainsaw, you know you can just find a real one, paint it yellow, and go to town, right? Slipgate - Smile
Well, if you're going to be like that, it's not like a double barrel shotgun is an ultra futuristic weapon either. You can probably find one at K-mart just like Doom's.

It's hard to pick. I guess to be different I'll say the Doom chaingun, cause it's the only machine gun in id's games that isn't just 'a shotgun that shoots pellets gradually instead of all at once'. First shot accuracy should be a feature in any videogame bullet-based weapon.
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-14, 16:58 »

Well...here's my list of three:

1. Doom's Combat Shotgun.  You can't go wrong with this weapon...makes a kaboom like a cannon, and splatters anyone up close really nicely.  Been a good companion of mine ever since Doom 2, and it still is.

2.  Strogg's Blaster.  I always liked the Blaster...an energy pistol that never runs out of ammo?  Man, I'm there.  Even though it's pretty weak, I love peppering people with this pistol of pain.  It makes me laugh, and sometimes yields a humiliation award.  Thumbs up!

3.  Doom's Chainsaw.  Best melee weapon EVER!  I never thought this thing'd be as useful as it actually is...works awesomely in the Arena, just as it did in the bases of Mars.

I actually love every weapon...they're all recreated so well.  Slippy's Nailgun and Earth's Mortar are honourable mentions.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2004-04-14, 19:59 »

Oh i have a hard time to decide which weapon i should pick since i love them all! can't i have em all please? Slipgate - Smile

Very well then i guess 1st: BFG9000 what can i say? i like the green ball!!

2nd: that whould be my ol friend the Slippy Rocket Launcher!

3rd: The shaft, electricity in it's best form Slipgate - Wink
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2004-04-14, 21:45 »

Good to see the mortar getting some attention...  That's my honorable mention as well. Slipgate - Smile

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-04-15, 00:32 »

Quote from: Gnam
Well, if you're going to be like that, it's not like a double barrel shotgun is an ultra futuristic weapon either. You can probably find one at K-mart just like Doom's.
There's one problem there.  Side-by-side shotguns are not designed to touch off both barrels at once.  They have two triggers or have a selectable trigger, and are meant for giving two quick shots or for carrying a different shot load in each barrel.  Even though you CAN fire both barrels at once on a two-trigger model, it's a good way to ruin the gun.  The receiver can take the pounding, and so can the barrels, but the rib down the middle usually only has a few light spotwelds, and the resonant shock from two barrels blasting out at once is usually enough to undo those welds, if not on the first try, then by about the 3rd or 4th time you do it you can kiss that nice duck gun goodbye.  Doom's blunderbuss is designed to take the pounding, and has one trigger for firing both barrels.  It also fires 00 buckshot, whereas most side-by-sides are designed for #6 shotloads and lighter and are usually an improved-modified or full-choke barrel.  You  need cylinder bore or improved cylinder for buckshot.
« Last Edit: 2004-04-15, 00:34 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #13 on: 2004-04-15, 00:50 »

Ah yes... and honorable mention would be a good addition =]

In that case, my pick for such would be the LSoV. It's one of the most unique weapons in the game Slipgate - Smile
CaptainWinky

Dopefish

« Reply #14 on: 2004-04-15, 00:55 »

3) Earth's sniper rifle.  No trail, little sound, high velocity.  I love it.

2) Slippy's super nailgun.  It packs a punch...when combined with the quad, it's unstoppable.

1) Slippy's rocket launcher, greatest FPS weapon ever.  I don't think I need to comment further on this perfect example of firepower.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #15 on: 2004-04-15, 02:16 »

Quote from: Phoenix
There's one problem there.  Side-by-side shotguns are not designed to touch off both barrels at once...Even though you CAN fire both barrels at once on a two-trigger model, it's a good way to ruin the gun.
Interesting. I knew real double barrels were designed to fire one barrel at a time, but I didn't know you could break 'em like that. I always just assumed Doom was hitting both triggers at once. Still, you gotta admit the unfuturism of Doom's (and pretty much every futuristic FPS) handling of shotguns. They can send a guy to Mars but they can't make a self-loading shotgun.  Slipgate - Wink
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #16 on: 2004-04-15, 02:34 »

Less to go wrong.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #17 on: 2004-04-15, 02:37 »

Didn't read all of the posts, but hey... I don't have to.

It's a known fact, I think, that I prefer everything that fires fast and wastes a lot of ammo... so, therefore... my top three are as follows...

1.) Earth's Dual Gats - The grandaddy... I just LOVE using this(these?). OMG

2.) Strogg's Chaingun - While I almost never play as Strogg, I love this gun... total badass

And finally... the last one deviates from the other two a little...

3.) Slipgate's Rocket Launcher - It's just... awesome.

The Thunderbolt and Mortar follow CLOSE behind. But those top two will always be there... after all...

Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2004-04-15, 15:45 »

Honorable mentions go to
The Shaft: It blows up under water!
The Strogg chaingun: chews ammo nearly as fast as...
The dual gats: Kill anything in a blink of an eye, if you can hit them.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #19 on: 2004-04-15, 23:15 »

Love the Earth sniper, and I've always been attatched to the normal nailgun, in Q1, but it's not up to the job in Gen. 99d due to speed.

But sounds really good. (and looks good mind.)

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: