2024-03-28, 19:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: req1dm6 Alpha (Screenshots)  (Read 6078 times)
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« on: 2004-05-19, 20:55 »

started to work on a new map, a remake of one of my favorite maps ever q1dm6 the dark zone! i know this map is already in the gen mappacks but i never liked it so this is my version of it Slipgate - Smile it's still in early stages so don't expect to much.

http://hem.passagen.se/macleod2/quake3/map...dm6/req1dm6.htm
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-05-19, 22:35 »

Looking good, although I think we've already found a damn good replacement for our current q1dm6.

Of course, if your version is better, than we'll use it. Slipgate - Wink

Slipgate - Off Topic
Is The Pits just waiting on mover code now?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-05-19, 22:36 »

Biggest change is easy to spot: quite a bit tighter. Which is good, imo.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-05-19, 22:49 »

Quote from: Tabun
Biggest change is easy to spot: quite a bit tighter. Which is good, imo.
Yeah, our current version is scaled up considerably.
Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2004-05-20, 00:49 »

He's detailing the shit out of The Pits!  Thumbs up! I'd tell you to be patient, but that would be hypocritical of me.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2004-05-20, 00:51 »

Yea the scale is almost like the original one maybe not 100% but atleast 95% Slipgate - Smile

Con: well i really didnt make this map for a mappack..just made it cuz i wanted to Slipgate - Smile i always wanted to remake this map so..
If you want to use another version than mine, as long as it's good i dont mind! i just want a good remake of that map!  Thumbs up!

Anyways instead of using a lightning gun im using a BFG spawn point..damn it's quite fun running around as doom with his BFG Slipgate - Laugh however Arena totally owns so im considering to switch that BFG to a lightning gun.

Con: Yes the pits is just awaiting the new movers code once pho is finished with that i guess the pits is ready to go!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-05-22, 00:13 »

I'm just fixing up the bugs with the Strogg missile physics (I fixed the sv_fps handling, yay!) so I'll be working to fix the projectile-mover interactions shortly.  I'll prototype it in with Strogg, then it should be fairly easy to adapt it to everything else.

Regarding the big rotating part, pay careful attention to the fact that while the column runs straight to the floor, the "pie slice" does not.  The lower surface is raised a few units above the floor.  The same holds true for crate func_trains in all the Q2 maps so far as well.  This is important for the func_rotate to keep grenades from being shoved off into the water since this did not happen in Q2.  I noticed this while testing grenade handling of movers in Quake 2.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-05-22, 20:11 »

Ahh ok didnt knew that..i'll fix it ASAP! tnx Slipgate - Smile
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: