2024-03-29, 09:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: What Maps do you want to see in Gen?  (Read 47265 times)
Gnam

Makron

« on: 2003-02-28, 17:29 »

Besides the ones allready in Gen, what maps would you like to see? I'm thinking Q2DM8 (I think); The Warehouse. I've been playing it a lot lately since 1 of the 3 or 4 Q2 servers with a decent ping runs nothing but The Warehouse all day. It'd also be nice to get more Doom maps, particularly something from Doom 1. I don't know which ones were good for DM though since I never played Doom multiplayer.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #1 on: 2003-02-28, 18:09 »

Well, I plan on remaking quite a few myself. This list is subject to change though Slipgate - Wink

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wolfenstein 3D: The Way of the Gun - E1L9Q3 (remake of E1L9, Hans Grosse)

Quake II: Of Flesh and Cogs - Q2BOSS2Q3 (remake of BOSS2, The Final Showdown)

Doom: South of Heaven - E4M1Q3 (remake of E4M1, Hell Beneath)

Quake III Arena: Warlords of Jupiter - MRNULLQ3DM1 (undecided space-floater, original art deco design)

Quake: Twilight of the Gods - Q1ENDQ3 (remake of END, Shub-Niggurath's Lair)

Quake II: Disposable Heros - Q2BIGGUNQ3 (remake of BIGGUN, Big Gun)

Doom II: The Waking Wrath - D2M30Q3 (Remake of Level 4, Focus)

Quake II: Children of the Fallout - Q2DM4Q3 (remake of Q2DM4, Lost Hallways)

Wolfenstein 3D: Beyond the Wall of Sleep - E5L9Q3 (remake of E5L9, Gretel Grosse)

Quake: Black Illusion - Q1E1M6Q3 (remake of E1M6, The Door to Chthon)

Quake II: Soul Creation - Q2FACT3Q3 (remake of FACT3, Sudden Death)

Quake II: House of the Rising Sun - Q2SECURITYQ3 (remake of SECURITY, Grid Control)

Quake: Resurrection - Q1STARTQ3 (remake of START)
« Last Edit: 2003-08-01, 11:36 by dev/null » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2003-02-28, 19:33 »

Strogg:
Agreed on DM8 - also desperately like to see a GOOD remake of q2dm3 (the frag pipe), and ztn's (from ztn's recycler) maps for q2.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2003-02-28, 20:54 »

there is 1 good fragpipe out there .
but you have to change the arena file so you can also play it in deathmatch and teamdeathmatch .
its very good
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #4 on: 2003-03-01, 02:19 »

Remember Quake 2's Gound Zero Mission Pack? I think that last boss map, that big round room, should be in Generations.

For Wolfenstein............. CTF map of Ohama Beach!! Slipgate - Laugh

Doom... why not try a floating map (like a space map), but the skies are red and hellish (which means on hell)?

Quake 1, a castle alike map, with full of traps...

Hollowpoint

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2003-03-01, 11:43 »

Someone should do Doom2 Map16: The Suburbs.  It's the best vanilla Doom ][ DM map for 4 or more players.  And for Strogg....  Q2DM5, I think that is the number... it's the one with the noisy armor bridge and the semi-circle catwalk above the rocket launcher, anyway.  
That's what popped into my head at the moment.  I think that Strogg map should be made with curved walls though.
And spork No! there should not be a space/floatie map for Doom.
Floaty maps should only be in the quake style

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2003-03-01, 11:54 »

q1dm8

if you have the missionpacks for quake it will not show upp in the menus but it is there .
cool map anyway .
other then that a floating doom map is actually possible .
because in episode 2 of doom  deimos is floating above hell itself .
so actually you have to make a floating rock into space but instead of the void you have to make somekind of fog of dead that has some looks like  hellish ground under it .

so you see it IS possible .
and even angst has actually made a space map out of d1e2m8
it has cyberdemon legs in it ,all the weapons and a dopefish Slipgate - Smile
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-03-01, 12:59 »

bout q2 maps i've started to makea layout of all q2dm maps, im gonna *try* to someway combine the best features of those maps into one, but first im gonna finish my other map(s).
Vorlonesque

Team Member
Pain Elemental

« Reply #8 on: 2003-03-01, 22:06 »

I'd really love to see some of the better FFA Q2 maps.  Stuff like Q2DM4, Q2DM5, maybe Q2DM6.  I'd also really really really love to see that Q2 CTF maps...some of those were simply amazing.  

I'd tried to do a CTF map based on DOOM E1M4...but I lost the more recent versions I'd been working on and kinda stopped working on it...I might try to work on it more sometime (I suck though with regards to mapping).  

I'd also like to see a really good Q2DM3...there was one out there but it was too jumppad oriented...I'd like to see one more true to the original with ladders and a less Q3'ish feel.  

The Q1 DM maps have all been done (some with more than one incarnation), although more Q1 maps that put a different spin on things are always cool ("old school" aka "r_tourney8c" by r_speeds/two_am is a great great Q1DM4 inspired map that manages to be completely different from DM4 while taking some of the cool elements from it).
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #9 on: 2003-03-02, 12:43 »

I'd really like to see that one Q2 map.. city2 i think it was..
it was one of the 'city' ones, the one with the outdoor cliffs, and the lava tunnels, and stuff..

we had many a good Dm on that level.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2003-03-02, 17:08 »

dicion cant you just wait for city 64 Slipgate - Smile
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #11 on: 2003-03-02, 19:36 »

'd tried to do a CTF map based on DOOM E1M4...but I lost the more recent versions I'd been working on and kinda stopped working on it...I might try to work on it more sometime (I suck though with regards to mapping).
Yeah, I've always thought the Doom maps would make good CTF since they were designed linearly; merely to get from the first room to the last room and not as DM maps in the first place.

Hey Dev/null, I like your map choices, but please don't change the names so much when you make them; I like knowing where the map is derived from instead of just having a group of random old school maps.

It would be cool if someone remade some Doom 64 maps. It would be tough because of the console format, but the game had great textures and some awesome levels.

Doom... why not try a floating map (like a space map), but the skies are red and hellish (which means on hell)?
I HATE floaty maps!!!!  :angry:
« Last Edit: 2003-03-02, 19:36 by Gnam » Logged
Parapsyche

Spectre

« Reply #12 on: 2003-03-02, 19:44 »

Wolfenstein: Definitely E1M9 (Grosse), but that's apparently already being made.

Doom: Dis, Slough of Despair, The Warrens, Fortress of Mystery

Doom 2: Dead Simple, Fuel Refinery, Circle of Death, Downtown, The Spirit World (Best level in Doom 2, I swear on my life), and who knows, maybe even Icon of Sin when Resurgence comes out...that would rock all ass.

Final Doom: Go 2 It (Plutonia)

Quake 1: Shub Niggurath's Pit, Ziggurat Vertigo...I dunno many more.

Quake 2: The Pits, Warehouse, and that one level where you fight the first giant tank boss...I forget what it's called.

Those are the ones that I think would be sweet Gen maps
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #13 on: 2003-03-02, 19:45 »

what about daedalus' barrels o fun map?!  Thumbs up!
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #14 on: 2003-03-02, 19:45 »

Quote from: Parapsyche
and that one level where you fight the first giant tank boss...I forget what it's called.
Oh, I love that level Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-04-12, 19:11 by dev/null » Logged
Devlar

Makron

« Reply #15 on: 2003-03-03, 01:20 »

I do not agree with that, Dev/Null has some of the most creative map names around. If you want to see crazy map naming, check out some of the guys on the Quake3World Level Editing, they just go out there with the names
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #16 on: 2003-03-04, 01:11 »

i really liked the XLdm series for q2 wit lots of banners and blue light and some nice action both vertical and horizontal
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #17 on: 2003-03-04, 01:19 »

A q2dm8 remake would be nice, but I'd like to see more Earth maps - ones that utilize his weapons the best, even in a 1v1 map. So far, Deva Station is the only map that Earth can really dominate. He needs a few elements in the map - Lotsa corners to go around w/ wide hallways, and a few enlarged areas loaded with gear.

There are TONS of maps where Doom, Strogg and Arena dominate. Make some where Quake1 and Earth start 0wning up =D
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #18 on: 2003-03-04, 04:57 »

Quote from: Tekhead
Lotsa corners to go around w/ wide hallways, and a few enlarged areas loaded with gear.
You should enjoy Propaganda Campaign then Slipgate - Smile
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #19 on: 2003-03-04, 08:58 »

Somebody should make some maps that go along with each class. I mean like taking assorted pieces of DOOM and DOOM2 to make about 4 or 5 good complex maps, pieces from all the quake games to make about 5 big maps each, and assorted elements from Wolfenstein and RTCW to make about 4 big maps. Something that would have the look of the game it was from but retaining all the technical advantages of Quake3. But then this is all my worthless opinion anyway.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: