2024-04-25, 00:52 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: What Maps do you want to see in Gen?  (Read 49207 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #120 on: 2003-06-06, 21:20 »

its not because we dont talk about it anymore that we arent interted .
and besides we could use some nice big maps. couldbe cool as a gen-bonuspack and since mappers always get better your next map will ROCK. (reminds me to finish off my map and put it on a site somewhere (dont have own site Slipgate - Sad ))
duggera

« Reply #121 on: 2003-06-08, 00:56 »

was looking at q2ctf maps...and q2ctf2, also known as Stronghold Opposition, would make a kickass map for Gen conversion...especially with off-hand grapple, techs AND runes (think lithium ctf on crack).
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #122 on: 2003-06-08, 08:35 »

I just thought of a good Earth map idea. Imagine a crumbling town like in Saving Private Ryan except with lots of sandbag forts, barricades, and damaged equipment such as abandoned 88's, crippled tanks, and flipped over trucks. In the middle of town could be a big building with a small Nazi HQ inside, obviously with Hitler posters and other Wolfenstein memorabilia. Maybe you could even throw in a bomb shelter somewhere. I hope this doesn't sound too dumb.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #123 on: 2003-07-02, 22:24 »

How about a remix of Quake1 Episode1 level3, the one with the bridge above the zombie-lake with shamblers on it. It's one of the maps Quake1 plays as a demo when it starts up, only the demo was set to a lower skill so an ogre appeared in place of the two shamblers.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #124 on: 2003-07-02, 22:57 »

I thought someone was already working on a Necropolis remake. I vaguely remember someone mentioning it a while ago.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #125 on: 2003-07-03, 00:12 »

LOST TEMPLE!!!!!
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #126 on: 2003-07-03, 01:14 »

Doom E1M9

If anyone is willing to take this on, it'd be awesome ;D
« Last Edit: 2003-07-03, 02:28 by Tekhead » Logged
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #127 on: 2003-07-17, 21:06 »

Yeah I'm sure everybody's thought of that one. Is it already in mappack 2? I still haven't got mappack 2 yet. How about a remake of Mt. Erebus from DOOM episode 3??? Also the Tomb of Terror from Quake episode 3 the Netherworld would be good. I still like the thought of combining and intermeshing maps though. Quake1 and DOOM1 would go together really well. E1M9, the military barracks? That would be good but the original map could use some enhancements. It didn't look like an army barracks to me. Tell reboot to go wild with that one.
« Last Edit: 2003-07-17, 21:08 by Vadertime » Logged
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #128 on: 2003-07-17, 23:45 »

Heh well i got my hands full for the momment and i find it hard to get the time for mapping nowdays. anyways i got one map ready for release it won't be released until gen 99c is out. the map im working on now is q2dm5, also im planning to do a quake 2 remix of all DM maps in one.

btw i got some maps that i don't know what to do about, i started to do the layout for q2dm3 but...i just don't like that map dunno if im going to continue my work on that one.

Also i got q1 e1m1 which will be a resurgence map in the future.
Started to do a layout for a doom themed resurgence map, this one is not a remake.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #129 on: 2003-07-30, 23:20 »

Yeah, it sounds like you're tied down for awhile. If it's a map you don't like, why not tinker with it and make it a little different. For maps themed on DOOM or Quake1, mixing Greco-Roman, Gothic, and Babylonian styled architecture with a bit of a Satanic twist should do the trick. Blood from water fountains, sacrificial altars, that sort of thing. Not that I've seen any of that OUTside of a computer game or anything. Ask Kevin Cloud or Adrian Carmack if they have. Doom used a lot more pagan symbols than I ever heard of before.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: