2024-04-27, 00:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the status of Gen? (The usual update report)  (Read 24087 times)
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #20 on: 2003-05-03, 02:32 »

Nice to see the mod progressing. With the addition of the new Earth weapon models and all the weapon fixes, I can't wait for 99c... oh, and skin/model support too! Which means when I actually do play as a Doomer I can run around as Phobos.. Slipgate - Laugh

P.S. Hah! Thought I died, didn't ya? Well guess what... ROCK ON!!! HeadBanging

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2003-05-03, 09:09 »

me will run around as the arachnatron or the revenant o you all get scared from seeying me . (it will bring back memories to you . seeying me fire some plasma 2 ya.
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #22 on: 2003-05-13, 00:37 »

I is Vader. I wear a blue mask and suit. I wrestle. I am the king of ambush. Look for blue bikers with masks and big guns. Watch WWE RAW and you might see Vader or watch one of the old wrestlemanias. B)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #23 on: 2003-05-15, 04:10 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Yes, Slipgate Grenades do the proper radius damage now.  I'd strongly advise staying away from them.
That's not what I meant... I was, of course, talking about the bounce. Slipgate - Wink
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #24 on: 2003-05-18, 08:38 »

The trouble with bouncy grenades in Quake3 is there's hardly ever a good opportunity to use their bounce feature to it's full potential. The maps seem a lot different from Quake maps and nobody ever moves slow enough to be hit with one.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #25 on: 2003-05-18, 12:49 »

what if we let the grenades get affected by gravity.
could be cool on ziggurat vertigo. seeying a nice slow grenade flying around and the next moment some guy jumping up flies against it .
mwhahahahahahaha.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #26 on: 2003-05-19, 06:49 »

All projectiles in Generations are properly affected by lower or higher gravity, unlike standard Q3.  If someone had a version of Ziggurat Vertigo with grenade launchers on it then it would be just like you remember it.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #27 on: 2003-05-19, 20:10 »

????
my got sombody has to make it .

(this 1 didnt had any GL because they werent  affected)
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #28 on: 2003-05-22, 09:56 »

We need a space station or ship too. Something strogg and doom would both fit in perfectly and gravity would be as close to zero as you could get it. Imagine bouncing around in long corridors where a grenade could almost fly straight, or even hover if it bounced just right.
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #29 on: 2003-05-23, 01:48 »

Gar! I want model-skin support NOW!  Slipgate - Tongue It sounds stupid, but I can honestly see the guys I play Q3 LAN with not wanting to play Gen cause they can't use their favorite model.  :blink:
Twilight

Pain Elemental

« Reply #30 on: 2003-05-23, 03:21 »

Well you could at least bring it up.  =p
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #31 on: 2003-05-24, 04:02 »

Gnam, I would ask you to pay attention to what's already been posted before requesting something that's already been addressed.

Model and skin support is there for 99c, and has been for some time now.  When .99c is released you'll be able to switch models and skins.  Also when you change classes the game remembers what model and skin you had at the time so when you go back to that class you'll have the same model and skin again.

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #32 on: 2003-05-26, 04:16 »

Arg Pho, I don't think you've comprehended one post I've made in the past 3 weeks! I'm well aware of that. My point was I wish you guys would just make a release with just the model code without all the new animations, item skins, other new features, etc so we don't have to wait for all the other stuff just to change models/skins. I realize you're not doing it, I was just expressing my annoyance. Now, I realize my meaning was unclear what with the "Gar!" and all, but would you atleast give me the benefit of the doubt and see if I actually have a point to make that you may have missed before writing me off as a total idiot?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #33 on: 2003-05-26, 05:23 »

Gnam, no reason to pop your cork, I have never once called you an idiot.  Note that I explained that model and skin support is on the way in case for some reason you genuinely missed it?  We get asked repeat questions a lot, so don't take it personally.  I understand your impatience, we're working on it.  We've got some other stuff to finish up first.

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #34 on: 2003-05-26, 06:01 »

Good point Phoenix. OObey is the snooty one that calls people retards from just one misguided outburst. He's also the one who deletes posts he thinks are "inferior" to his or the one he likes. Also it's unwise to challenge the might of the moderators. They own the forum so they can nail whoever they want, especially more offensive posts. Phoenix is also one of the more level headed of the bunch. But, then I suppose you're a moderator too so I should be more careful. Funny, if you guys argue over this mod that much who's really calling the shots here? It sounds a little like a case of the old "left hand not knowing what the right hand doeth" sort of thing. Are you guys all in the same town? I reccommend you ALL talk about what is and is not finished so we all get a clear picture. How is the code coming for 99C? About what percentage would you say is working and bug free? I know it's bad to rush anything, but I'd say the core coding and functionality part of the mod should be the big priority.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #35 on: 2003-05-26, 14:34 »

This thread is exactly that, vadertime. It's a list of everything we've gotten done in the last few weeks, as it's been done.

As for the percentage done on .99c, I'd say somewhere around 90 to 95 percent. We're basically cleaning up the few remaining bugs, and I think we're putting in tab's item models, but I'm not sure about that.

And as always, It'll be done when it's done.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #36 on: 2003-05-26, 16:01 »

On the items: I still have 2 classes left to do (somewhere around 22-24 models in total) when I restrict myself to ammo, health items and the armor shard. Of those, I have 6 unskinned models so far. In percentages of total:
Modelled: 63%
Skinned: 50%

I'm not counting powerups or medium/large armor. Those will definately not make it in 99C.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #37 on: 2003-05-26, 22:31 »

My coding progress has been zilch this last week and a half.  Part of it is burnout, part of it was prepping for two clanmatch interviews, part of it was being tired and ill, and part of it was not having enough time due to other things interfering.  It happens.  Tabun's been making the good progress here in the mean time, so fear not.  I do plan on adding in the items that are finished for 99c if possible.  I've got some other things to fix, track down, and finish implementing yet before I can get into that.

Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #38 on: 2003-05-27, 00:51 »

Wow. How big will 99C be? It sounds like it'll be done by Independence Day maybe. By then I'll be back in school so I can download it. My connection here at home is soooooooooo slloooooooooowwwwwwwww.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #39 on: 2003-05-27, 04:00 »

It will be a full-install-only version as opposed to a pack for technical reasons I can't go into right now.  I'd say it will probably weigh in right around 60~70 megs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: