2024-03-29, 06:39 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gtk screws my textures  (Read 6863 times)
Genialus

Shambler

« on: 2004-04-14, 13:15 »

at least that's what it feels like, the textures don't look ANYTHING like the ones I get to chose from. The look like they have been rotated 45 degrees and streched into infinity.

it's a rather new thing it had it working once but gave because I didn't have any tutorials and now that I've found them (thanks to you guys) the program seems to be F!cked.

Please help.. Slipgate - Sad .

ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-04-14, 19:48 »

A little more information whould be helpfull like: what GTK version are you using? Screenshot? What did you do? When/how did this happen?Are you using brush primitives? Settings?

Anyways try to: select the face of the brush load up the surface editor (press the s key) and push the "Axial" button.
« Last Edit: 2004-04-14, 19:50 by ReBoOt » Logged
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #2 on: 2004-04-15, 08:04 »

How do I get it to upload a screenshot I don't have any webspace to do so.

To answer some of the other questions:
Gtkradiant 1.4
I have NO idea what I did but I've tried uninstalling 1.3 (which also did it) and then install 1.4

I have two computers and could've understood if the one I have at home had sporked since I could've easily pressed some buttons I'm not supposed to , but here on my laptop I've never used gtk before so I don't think I've done anything. so basically it started when I started the program.

If I move the box up and down the texture changes the way it's being sporked.

is there any chance that it will not look like this when I start q3 up with the map?
« Last Edit: 2004-04-15, 08:07 by Genialus » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-04-15, 15:46 »

How do I get it to upload a screenshot I don't have any webspace to do so.

Just do a search for 'free web hosting'. There's a TON of places.

Tekhead seems to like www.downloadhosting.com
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-04-15, 19:38 »

Ok that sounds really weird..it could be a GFX problem, try to download a newer set of drivers. well do try to compile a map and see if the textures are borked in q3.
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2004-04-16, 13:35 »

I don't think it's a Gfx-thing the laptop runs on a intel something card and  the other has a radeon 8500 card in it. and they both do it...

The axial button does do something, sometimes, when I'm lucky the textures look normal, but they are still rotated, and they still change appearance When i move the box.
When I get home I'll try to compile a map and see if it works.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #6 on: 2004-04-16, 20:12 »

screenshots..gimme screenshots Slipgate - Smile anyways tried to re-install it? and i really think you should post about this on mapcenter forums..
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2004-04-19, 09:13 »

Let me try to help you help me...
Next time I ask ANYTHING at all just write "RTFM!" it still doesn't work on my laptop but with ati fix and some other changes in the 2d meny it work on my stationary computer, sorry bout the inconvinience and thanx for the assistance anyways.
I should just have read the Entire manual in stead of just the bug list...
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #8 on: 2004-04-19, 10:56 »

Quote from: Genialus
Let me try to help you help me...
Next time I ask ANYTHING at all just write "RTFM!" it still doesn't work on my laptop but with ati fix and some other changes in the 2d meny it work on my stationary computer, sorry bout the inconvinience and thanx for the assistance anyways.
I should just have read the Entire manual in stead of just the bug list...
RTFM
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2004-04-19, 20:19 »

Np Slipgate - Smile aww damn con said it before me... Slipgate - Sad
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: