2024-03-29, 01:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Good News about the War (Sometimes things just go right)  (Read 42968 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #60 on: 2003-06-06, 16:17 »

I go with daman here pho .

what gives america the right to have over a dozen nukes  and irak may not have 1 .

and now DON'T say "sadam was evil "  
because bush is 2

the only diffirence is that saddam his bad things where made public and bush his bad things aren't . if you would see in what dirty bussiness  Bush would actually be in . then you would say  wow.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #61 on: 2003-06-06, 18:09 »

Wheres the proof of that games? seriously, you all love to bash, but *NEVER*
show/offer any proof what so ever to this conspiracy or acts bush is involved in, oh my, he is evil 2, bleh, if bush starts gasing his own civilians i may believe you, or starts taking funding from kid hospitals for his own use
« Last Edit: 2003-06-06, 18:11 by Lilazzkicker » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #62 on: 2003-06-07, 03:39 »

Games, please READ the letter, especially the part about the United Nations mandates. I'm not defending Bush, if he's evil then God will judge him, I care not. What I'm doing is showing you how hypocritical the politicians are who are attacking him over this because five years ago they were proposing the EXACT same thing. As I said before it's all political, and not one bit of it is logical. You want their form of logic? Here it is.

1998: "Saddam is dangerous, this must be done".
2003: "We hate Bush, what was done was wrong".

You're rant only exemplifies what I said in my last post, Games. If you hate Bush everything he does in your eyes will be wrong no matter what, even if those who oppose him advocated the same action five years prior. All Bush did is what they proposed Clinton should do. Does the political party or ideological leanings of one man justify his actions, while the leanings of another damns him when the action itself would have been no different? A spade is a spade, no matter who is holding it. My goal here is to get you to open your freaking EYES people. You want to hate Bush, or think what he's done is wrong, then that is yours to think, but you might take a look at who's also proposed the same things, and what they are saying NOW. Stop being so blinded by hatred for one man that you can't see the wolves in the sheep pen! You think Bush is evil? Does that make these other politicians saints then?

QUESTION AUTHORITY.

If you don't, then accept that your rights are forfeit due only to your own shortsightedness and stupidity when such wolves reveal their true desires, and strip them from you.

Speaking of rights, nobody has a "right" to nuclear weapons. Half the world can't agree on whether or not individual people have "rights" to conventional weapons to defend their persons with, half the world can't agree on whether or not unborn children even have "rights". Tell me, what right does ANYONE have to nuclear weapons? Should every petty dictator who comes along have the right to weapons with one, and only one purpose, the massive loss of life of millions of people? No, they are a very heavy responsibility, and a burden to any country that has them. The reason the US, Russia, and the other countries who've had them have kept them is the fact that the genie is OUT of the bottle, never can it be returned, and other more aggressive states (North Korea anyone?) who develop such weapons might not be so responsible with them. Mutually Assured Destruction DID WORK as a deterrant for 50 years. It's been over 50 years since a nuclear weapon was used in anger in an act of war. They've been used once for that purpose, and only once. Any smaller nation knows that even if they get nukes, if they pick a fight with one of the "old-school" countries their destruction is assured. That is a deterant, no matter what you think of it. Threaten a man with a pocket knife when he's got a shotgun and the outcome is pretty clear. You should thank God that these weapons have NOT been used in a war so far, and that all nations with such weapons have shown such restraint for so long.
« Last Edit: 2003-06-07, 03:40 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #63 on: 2003-06-07, 21:34 »

a smart man would start shooting those things into space .
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #64 on: 2003-06-08, 18:55 »

you cant put the genie back in the bottle, and things shot into space have a way of returning
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #65 on: 2003-06-09, 12:27 »

yea but aganst that time it comes back other scientists will find a way to get rid of the bombs on a bette way . Slipgate - Smile
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #66 on: 2003-06-09, 16:50 »

It's not enough to pollute earth, now you want to start flinging your trash out into random sectors of space   :blink:
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #67 on: 2003-06-10, 04:59 »

He yes, but I think the global warming scare is a bit out control, and misleading.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #68 on: 2003-06-10, 07:25 »

That is true.  This Earth has been MUCH hotter in the past.  Hot enough for dinosaurs to walk upon Antarctica, which is now nothing but a frozen waste.  On the other hand, it also had much more foliage, and the atmosphere was richer in oxygen and carbon dioxide.  While humans pump more CO2 in the air at the same time they are cutting down more and more forests every year.  That is your folly.  The carbon dioxide emitted from combustion would be greatly beneficial to plant life, which in turn would yield back the oxygen consumed in that combustion, if only mankind chose to plant trees instead of uproot them, and instead of paving over wild lands with concrete.  Remember that for every square foot of blacktop you see that is a foot of the Earth's surface that is dead.  A recent statistic came out that 46% of the Earth is still wilderness.  From my point of view that means you've already defiled 54% of the landmasses of this Earth.  Don't think I am the only one to notice this either.
« Last Edit: 2003-06-10, 07:26 by Phoenix » Logged

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #69 on: 2003-06-10, 19:39 »

I guess we could go back to the dark ages, no motor driven vehicles, no electricity, no growth of man kind, a drop in the population, all will be set then.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #70 on: 2003-06-10, 20:11 »

we need atleast 1 abom to drop the population very fast Slipgate - Smile

maybe those things are handy in some way .

It's not enough to pollute earth, now you want to start flinging your trash out into random sectors of space
ofcours.
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #71 on: 2003-06-10, 20:37 »

considering we have found no forms of life at all other than ourselveS(im sure theres something out there) .. i would find it perfectly acceptable to launch trash into space, considering you could probably incinerate it by sending it towards a star.. now THATS a use for space travel.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #72 on: 2003-06-11, 02:43 »

Games, are you volunteering to be ground zero?  Slipgate - Laugh

Lil, that's overly simplistic and you know it.  There are better solutions.  Technology CAN be cleaner, and people CAN live without destroying the environment around them.  Want to know how?  Here's what to do.

1)  Stop having so many damned babies.  I don't mean by abortions, I mean some SELF CONTROL here.  Stick to a monogamous relationship, have 1 or 2 kids, then stop having them.  Nothing wrong with happily married people "doing it" as much as they want, but remember all those fun and games usually have an outcome.  There are also natural methods of contraception that do not violate any religious taboos.  It comes with being in tune with the cycle of the female and knowing when you can, and when you can't.  If that seems improbable then go get the tubes tied for the female and a vasectomy for the male.  Also get rid of the "checks for kids" welfare schemes that encourage poor people to pop out 5 babies so they can get $2000 a month from the government.  Stop glorifying sex as a "fun" activity and treat it like it should be - an act of love between committed individuals.  Promiscuity leads to unwanted children, and an explosive population.

2)  Develop solar-hydrogen technology and get RID of internal combustion engines.  Hydrogen is clean and polutes nothing.  Use solar power to make hydrogen and oxygen from water.  Burn hydrogen with oxygen to make water vapor and provide power for automobiles and the like.  The hydrogen technology already exists, I've studied it.  It would work every bit as well as gasoline without sacrificing power.  The solar technology is improving every day.  Sure, it's expensive right now, but so are engines, and technology is improving and getting cheaper.  Let's face it, if you can afford the solar panels then all you need is light and water to make fuel.

3)  Clean up after yourselves.  I don't know how many times I hear one human friend of mine complain about simple things.  Garbage thrown in the streets, people don't even flush toilets, and often leave their wastes on the ground within such public waste disposal areas.  Biowaste disolves naturally in nature, within buildings it does not.  Technological waste (trash, plastic, styrofoam, etc) doesn't disolve anywhere.  Stop trashing the Earth because you're too sporking lazy to find a can to throw something in.  Repair the damage you've done already and let the Earth heal itself.

4)  Grow up.  I mean it.  Mankind needs to get rid of the petty selfish bull, needless bickering, and general stupidity.  Monitary greed, lasciviousness and sexual lust, selfishness, and the desire for power is what drives humanity to do it's worst deeds.  Maturity is lacking in the species, and that selfish nature destroys any chances for mankind to evolve.

If the population of mankind continues to grow you'll edge out every other living thing on the planet, eventually that includes yourselves.  Nature does have defensive mechanisms against any one species becoming too dominant and too prolific.  It's called "plagues".  The more the people, the more likely it is that one is to spread and knock down the populace again.  Also when people get too cramped, they get crabby.  Inner cities have more violence than rural areas.  Why?  Density.  Too many people invading each others personal space.  It's unnatural to box an animal up into such a small area.  Add in drugs, poverty, despair, oppression, etc, and you get a recipe for rioting.  There's also starvation to consider.  Too many humans and not enough food means some people end up with nothing to eat.  Eventually you'll have so many people you won't have room for people AND the food to grow for them.  That is, until someone finds a way to synthesize nutrients technologically.  Unless you like pestilences, war, rioting, famine, and Tasty Wheat, option 1 is necessary to slow and reverse the growth of humanity.  Polution also factors into that.  If the food and water is poisoned, and the air is unfit to breathe, people will begin to get sicker and sicker from it.  If you ignore options 2 and 3 you have filth everywhere.  You know how cholera spreads?  You get the picture.  Option 4 is the most important since it is the catalyst for all of these to come about.

Sounds impossible, doesn't it?  Yet it's so simple.  Mankind need not return to the stone age to coexist with nature, but what man DOES need is a change of heart and certainly a change in ideals.  Not just for one culture, but across the planet for all peoples.  The problem is people don't CARE enough to work at something like this, not individually nor collectively.  Human nature, unfortunately, is seldom altruistic except in the very best of cases.  Humans also have a tendency to create constructs of convenience that eventually trap them.  That which makes your lives easier you eventually become reliant on.  Social and econimic systems end up ruling over you, with people working to keep the systems in place instead of the systems working to keep the people contented.  Corporations and governments end up taking on lives of their own, expanding, growing, for no other purpose except continued growth and expansion at any cost.  Realistically I know the above things will never happen so long as mankind continues down the path it has been taking for some time now.  What must happen, and what eventually will happen, is that this world will suffer some catastrophe on a grand enough scale, either natural or manmade, that all the current systems collapse, and mankind will be left examining himself and starting over from scratch for the first time in centuries.  Barring some higher power, be it spiritual or otherwise, intervening and steering mankind toward a better path, I can see no other end but eventual breakdown, great suffering, and needless deaths for countless people before change can occur.  Whether anything is learned or not after such an event, who can tell.

"The important things are always simple.  The simple things are always hard." - Murphy's Rules of Combat.

Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #73 on: 2003-06-14, 10:47 »

Btw Pho, Bush and his Republican friends have had a hard time to keep their hands off from nukes lately. I'm referring to the bunker basher nukes, which won't (according to some studies, FAS.org had a link to one of these things, so I haven't browsed any communist/left wing propaganda sites) work the way they are supposed to (keep the radiactive material contained after the explosion).  

North Korea + nukes is a dangerous mixture, but I do think that they have a reason to fear United States (Republicans).

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #74 on: 2003-06-15, 06:17 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Mankind needs to get rid of the petty selfish bull, needless bickering, and general stupidity.
I think you missed the part about the petty bickering Atom.  So quick to cast judgement on an entire group of people are you?  And yet so many Republicans would be quick to do the same to you...  It never ends.  Hear you nothing that I say?

Atom235

Pain Elemental

« Reply #75 on: 2003-06-15, 13:31 »

Bush and his Republican friends

look closely

North Korea + nukes is a dangerous mixture, but I do think that they have a reason to fear United States (Republicans)

Haven't seen a Republican who would like Communists and let them to exist in this planet Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2003-06-15, 13:35 by Atom235 » Logged
redx

Imp

« Reply #76 on: 2003-06-15, 22:34 »

just thought id point  this out in response to phoenix's coments on hydrogen power. 'clean' sources of fuel are not allways so clean when used on a truly massive scale.  better than fossil fuels of course, but not the end all solution many beleive it to be.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #77 on: 2003-06-16, 06:52 »

Oh yes, I've read all about this.  I just about fell off my perch cackling at the pathetic shortsightedness of these so-called scientists.  Ever hear of the solar wind?  How about coronal mass ejections?  How about proton bombardment?  Wonder how the Aurora works?

The earth is bombarded daily with hydrogen blowing off the sun.  It gets caught in the Van Allen radiation belts, drawn down the Earth's magnetic field toward the poles, and contacts the ionosphere, which is how the Northern Lights, or Aurora, is formed.  Now where does that hydrogen go, except into the atmosphere?  Even in the form of proton radiation the stray protons pick up an electron from the ionosphere and form a hydrogen atom once their energy level decreases enough to stabilize and sink lower into the atmosphere.  If their theories were sound the solar wind would have boiled off all the ozone from the atmosphere a few billion years ago, and life on this Earth would have ended before it could begin.  Observation before speculation.

redx

Imp

« Reply #78 on: 2003-06-16, 07:22 »

a related article i read addressed this issue in part. i can no longer find it, but i believe their reasoning was that the solar wind is a fully ionized mix of hydrogen and helium and would not readily bond with o3, thus not depleting the ozone as the released hydrogen would. i could have missinterperated this greatly though. i suck at chemistry and much prefer physics.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #79 on: 2003-06-17, 18:43 »

reminds me .
they wanna shut down the powerplant in belgium in 2010
and let the complete country run on windturbines.

they're really crazy if there gonna think im gonna place some of those things in my garden.
I ratter place a powerplant in my backyard then some stupid windturbine.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to: