2024-04-19, 04:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New European WHS Generations Server! (... It's Europe Time baybee!)  (Read 4222 times)
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« on: 2003-03-24, 17:44 »

quake3.wireheadstudios.net

not .org Slipgate - Smile

The server is located in Amsterdam on about the phattest pipe in western europe.
I was playing on it last night with a 20-30 ping Slipgate - Smile Tab had even lower then I, (which is expected as he lives about an hour away from it)
Even east coast US people has <200, and west coasters had a playable mid to high 300's.

Happy Fragging!
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #1 on: 2003-03-25, 13:12 »

Quote from: Dicion
Even east coast US people has <200, and west coasters had a playable mid to high 300's.

Happy Fragging!
"playable mid to high 300's"

if that's what i were actually getting, i would shoot you for calling it playable.  generally, at least on my connection, if i'm getting a ping over 300 in the first place, it's usually accompanied by so much packet loss that the game is anything but playable.

however, i'm happy to report that i'm getting between 175 and 225 Slipgate - Laugh

of course, that's at 4:12AM PST, so there was no one else on there.... i'll have to see how my ping holds out when there are actually other people on there... but it's a good start  B)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: