2024-03-28, 15:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: D2M3 - The Gantlet. (Done.)  (Read 37395 times)
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #40 on: 2004-06-04, 19:38 »

I agree with Con - not only is there a big box of bullets but even if the Earthguy already has one gat there's still a shitload of extra bullets to be picked up from the twin gats too. Slipgate - Wink

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #41 on: 2004-06-05, 05:19 »

Yes, and if you have no gats at all that's 100 bullets for the dualgats pickup, plus another 100 for a gat ammo box.  That's 200 ammo plus any you have remaining from spawn for a theoretical max of 250 rounds - 50 rounds short of your carry limit.  That's a SERIOUS reason for Earth to visit that room.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #42 on: 2004-06-05, 08:35 »

Well...there's a lot of ammo boxes for Earth in almost every corner. So I don't need to go in there. Yes, it has a LOT of ammo, but i don't care about that room.

Gnam

Makron

« Reply #43 on: 2004-06-05, 15:42 »

Cool that you got the music worked out.

BTW, isn't it spelled THE GAUNTLET? Don't forget the 'u'.
..::WHAT!?

Ogre

« Reply #44 on: 2004-06-05, 17:21 »

Quote from: ..::WHAT!?
BTW, isn't it spelled THE GAUNTLET? Don't forget the 'u'.

As I said on the last page no its not....

- its Gantlet, I dunno why. Ask id software I guess.

As far as the BFG room goes I think I am going to leave it, I mean this level also has to work in regualr Quake 3 Arena play, it would just be kinda weak to have no penalty...
I suppose I could just make it take a large chunk of heath though, we'll see.

And as I said Earth class will make it into the pit, you just have to try and be a little quicker.
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #45 on: 2004-06-05, 17:44 »

On a side note...

One entry found for gantlet.
Main Entry: gant?let
Pronunciation: 'gont-l&t, 'g?nt-
variant of GAUNTLET

- m-w.com

It's a real word folks. Ease up on the nitpicking of it.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #46 on: 2004-06-05, 18:23 »

Quote from: Tekhead
It's a real word folks. Ease up on the nitpicking of it.
Imagine that. Slipgate - Smile

As far as the instant kill on the BFG secret... I agree, that's a bad idea. If it was in plain view without any switches or whatever to hit, I could see a high-risk-high-reward situation (like on Pain From Spain). However, it handicaps the Earth class, as it does have a reason to want to get in there, and that's being able to quickly load up on ammo, moreso than by running around the map for the usual pickups.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me

Ogre

« Reply #47 on: 2004-06-05, 20:17 »

Update!

Alright, here is another d/l for ya... its The Gantlet with the included music file, it also has some weapon and ammo changes and again a couple cosmetic touch ups.

Be prepared to spend a while if you don't have cable... the file size is 21.5 MB  Slipgate - Distraught

http://corleonefamilymafia.com/Gantlet_music.zip
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #48 on: 2004-06-05, 22:17 »

holy crap... this map went from over 2 megs to over 22!!

For the quality of music that went into the new pack... I don't think it's worth 20 megs. Stretching a tiny .mid file into 20 megs is a bit obscene - I'd reduce the bitrate of the song so that it goes at least under 5 megs.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-05, 22:42 by Tekhead » Logged
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #49 on: 2004-06-05, 22:38 »

It's cause he had to include the wav file for the music. Too bad Q3 doesn't support mp3s.

My bad about the spelling thing. It is wierd that Id decided to spell it like that though.

Ogre

« Reply #50 on: 2004-06-06, 02:59 »

Quote from: Tekhead
holy crap... this map went from over 2 megs to over 22!!

For the quality of music that went into the new pack... I don't think it's worth 20 megs. Stretching a tiny .mid file into 20 megs is a bit obscene - I'd reduce the bitrate of the song so that it goes at least under 5 megs.
I know, but there really isn't much I can do about it. I'll play with it a little more in wave studio.

...I will also be uploading one without a custom music track as well, so pepole can choose for themselves.  But I recomend getting the one with the original music, it adds a lot od atmosphere to the level.

Erm, yeah. I'll try and have some more downloads up tonight. I plan on having a final version hopefully by tonight or tomarrow.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #51 on: 2004-06-06, 03:05 »

Personally, I draw the line way before 20 Megs on a single map. If you need music to get you going, you're not fragging hard enough ;]
For singleplayer, it's an entirely different matter - but that should be a resurgence issue.

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #52 on: 2004-06-06, 03:18 »

Make the music an optional download. It's the best compromise.

Ogre

« Reply #53 on: 2004-06-06, 04:54 »

As I said there will be a no music version, however I did edit the shit out of the music file, I expect the music version of the level to be around 7 - 8MB the next time I post a d/l which will be later tonight.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #54 on: 2004-06-06, 08:32 »

There's only one thing I can say about the file:   ..::WHAT!?  Slipgate - Laugh
Oh and HARRRRR!!!! Slipgate - Grin

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #55 on: 2004-06-06, 16:31 »

Listened to the music and checked out the pk3. It's a pretty sober remix, but it has that atmosphere you mention - like all doom tracks :]

Btw, when I referred to the static/ugly viewscreens, I was referring to the COMPUTE* textures in there. Wouldn't it be cool to add in/bevel some brushes & slap my animated version(s) on them? Its one of the few uses of shaders that I haven't come to despise in Q3 ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #56 on: 2004-06-06, 18:48 »

Quote from: ..::WHAT!?
And as I said Earth class will make it into the pit, you just have to try and be a little quicker.
Can't run any faster  Slipgate - Sad

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #57 on: 2004-06-06, 19:40 »

lol. that was a good one What.

Ogre

« Reply #58 on: 2004-06-07, 00:39 »

Quote from: [KruzadeR
]
lol. that was a good one What.
If you say so... I personally have been in there with earth class on several occasions. I know Tekhead has been in the pit as well.  If I have to I will downlaod fraps and post a vid of me doing it.  But it would be a lot easier if you just took my word.  Its possible, you just gotta strafe jump.

Anyway sorry didn't post that d/l I got kinda busy.  But like I said it will be up somtime soon and hopefully it will be final.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #59 on: 2004-06-07, 01:29 »

..thought i should test this map now when im not working but..downloading a map over 6mb is a pain on my modem.. Slipgate - Sad
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: