2024-04-27, 14:26 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped Gen stuff ((Check it out))  (Read 32635 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #40 on: 2004-06-04, 08:48 »

Slipgate - Off Topic Damn. Who wrote that whole License Agreement? I dont know how one would go into all that legalese... unless he was a lawyer or something.
Dicion

Team Member
Makron

« Reply #41 on: 2004-06-04, 09:01 »

Assamite pays attention Slipgate - Smile
Creed

Light Guard

« Reply #42 on: 2004-06-04, 09:05 »

I'm sorry about the hypocrite comments if thats the case.
LeeMon

Team Member
Shambler

« Reply #43 on: 2004-06-04, 10:15 »

Ugh, I give up. It's just another day for me, when the newest ignorant neophyte feels that THIS is the point in their life where they will take a stand, feed their ego, and trumpet in proud, blissfully obtuse defiance, against US.

We, who have made the evil, terrorist, totalitarian demand that a person lacking the talent, experience, or dedication to actually create something unique and artistic of their own, should NOT be allowed to spend five minutes in a model converter and then attach the phrase "I MADE THIS" in any way, shape, or form to the artistic creations that our friends and team members worked, slaved, and lost sleep over.

We, who chase the obscene fancy that perhaps we don't WANT our content torn apart and slapped haphazardly into the latest immature hack model theft compilation. We who stubbornly embrace the concept that we don't LIKE our models stolen and placed next to other models as a shining example that yet another moron on the Internet doesn't give a damn what we want done with our own creations.

We, who urinate in the face of creative thinking by holding to the ideal that the things we create are created for OUR game and should remain in our game, and that those who want fancy models for QuakeWorld should MAKE THEIR OWN or find someone willing to intentionally make ones for them... as opposed to creating them for some other purpose, only to have them stolen without permission.

Or maybe I'm being facetious, and you're just an idiot. At any rate, my case is made. If you are truly ignorant enough to post our content somewhere after we've made it obscenely clear that you are not allowed to distribute it in any form... well, suffice it to say it takes less effort to fax an ISP or two than it takes to steal models.

Any further correspondence from me will be to notify the appropriate parties.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-04, 10:16 by LeeMon » Logged
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #44 on: 2004-06-04, 11:00 »

Sigh. The sad part is that some people seem to think we like going through all this shit. Empty threats? Don't bring us down to your level, if you like that sort of thing, please.
I was clear enough in my posts, and Lee just went and made it a hell of a lot clearer.

If you didn't know: sorry + delete would have sufficed.
If you didn't want to know: sorry + grovel + delete would have sufficed.
If you knew: sorry*1000 + grovel + delete might have sufficed.

If you know and still aren't ready to play nice about it, hey, we did our best to be completely fair in this matter. (You can see the anger in my initial response in this thread, compare it to the official post in yours)
Anyway, I can't say this hasn't been interesting, perhaps it will get even more interesting. You know I used to lose sleep over this? *chuckles*

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Creed

Light Guard

« Reply #45 on: 2004-06-04, 13:30 »

Sorry for being a dick about it and I won't be posting my future ports of the awesome md3's most of which I can see are made by Tabun...Damn you got some major skills.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-04, 13:30 by Creed » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #46 on: 2004-06-04, 13:31 »

Quote from: Creed
Sorry for being a dick about it and I won't be posting my future ports of the awesome md3's most of which I can see are made by Tabun...Damn you got some major skills.
Thank you.

Now remove the content?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #47 on: 2004-06-04, 13:50 »

After Generations 1.0 is released, come back to us, and simply _ask_ if you can use stuff, and we'll see about it then. It is really just that simple..

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #48 on: 2004-06-04, 15:52 »

Dont you get it? remove the content and the whole thing goes away. Stop trying to brown nose your way out of it.
Scubs

« Reply #49 on: 2004-06-05, 01:44 »

Quote from: Woodsman
Dont you get it? remove the content and the whole thing goes away.
The content was hosted on my server, he couldn't remove it because he didn't have access to it.  It's gone now and will stay so.

I think this small misunderstanding is dealt with and everyone can go on their merry ways.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #50 on: 2004-06-05, 01:46 »

Quote from: Scubs
The content was hosted on my server, he couldn't remove it because he didn't have access to it.  It's gone now and will stay so.

I think this small misunderstanding is dealt with and everyone can go on their merry ways.
Thank you. Slipgate - Wink
Besli

« Reply #51 on: 2004-06-05, 03:29 »

Quote from: Tabun
After Generations 1.0 is released, come back to us, and simply _ask_ if you can use stuff, and we'll see about it then. It is really just that simple..
Wow, it's that easy?
Yes Creed converted the models to Quake, but he never said he made the models! He always said that the models are from the generations mod (btw Tabun)! I think Creed decided to convert the models from generstions mod to Quake, because all Quake remodel projects are canceled, died, or put down. (or something)
Yes Creed didn't asked for permission to convert the models! That was a big mistake,
but i hope you are not annoyed that much!
That's what i think why he converted stuff from generations arena!
(The same was with OoPpEe's tfc conversions of the generations arena models.)
« Last Edit: 2004-06-05, 03:30 by Besli » Logged
Besli

« Reply #52 on: 2004-06-05, 03:41 »

Hey Tabun when 1.0 is out it would be great if you allow to convert the Quake models you made to use in a Quake port, and maybe the Doom models as a alternative for the jDoom!? That would be great, why only use that great models only in generations arena?? But it's your decision if you allow that, Tabun.

(Sorry for double post!)
« Last Edit: 2004-06-05, 03:47 by Besli » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #53 on: 2004-06-05, 04:59 »

Now I'm getting a little indignant here, which I think I have a right to.  I'll be the first to say Tabun's work kicks ass, but get one thing straight here people.

I MODELED THE SLIPGATE WEAPONS

Except for the shotguns and the axe, which we still need a few replacements on those.  Yeah, I know, Tabun's skins make everything look damned nice, but give me just a little credit here won't you?  You're making me overly jealous of all the attention Tab's work is getting, and I'm sure his ego is going to soon outpace my own if this keeps up! Slipgate - Laugh

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #54 on: 2004-06-05, 11:20 »

/me gives pho a cookie Slipgate - Wink

how is that for attention
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #55 on: 2004-06-05, 13:04 »

Indeed. I never suggested I could or would give permission to use ALL the Generations stuff. For clear reference of who did what:

http://www.planetquake.com/tabun/tmp/itemstatus.htm
EDIT: For easy reference, I will provide links to images in that list, later on.

But for the sake of simplicity, asking 'Wirehead' will get our global attention, as I feel the mod team as a whole has a say on the artwork (at least until either 1.0 is released, or an artist quits the team).

In fact, I am only a mediocre/newbie modeller. As you can see, I've only done items, no weapons - Phoenix, Renalicious and Hedhunta are our main weapons-modellers.

Ofcourse I am annoyed (I was even horribly angry, as you can clearly see in this thread) that our stuff was used without permission. The ooppee story was quite similar to this one, yes, apart from the fact ooppee altered the models & skins a great deal more.
I don't apologize for getting angry and I don't think I overreacted. If anyone feels I am either wrong or silly for that, so be it. I have my dignity, honour and morals, and no responsibility or real cause to do the work that your parents ought to have done at one time or other.

Bottom line:
1.) I will probably allow my work (see url above) to be used in quake ports and whatnot, if and only after the final version of Gen is released. It's possible that I change my mind about this, ofcourse, but I'm generally sure of it at the moment.

2.) I Will never give anyone permission to alter my skins. Conversion to another file format is ofcourse allowed and in extreme cases I'm willing to overlook lossy formats and palette conversions. By no means however, will I stand for recolors or other adjustements to my skins, or vertex manipulation of my models. I hope you understand that this makes the line of 'whose work' it is rather vague, and I designed my work with a specific result in mind. Sorry, but that is, on the whole, final.

3.) My skins are completely useless without the models and I cannot, and would never, give you or anyone permission to use someone else's work - you will have to contact & ask the appropriate artists when the time comes.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-05, 13:14 by Tabun » Logged

Creed

Light Guard

« Reply #56 on: 2004-06-06, 03:22 »

I'm sorry to Tabun if I altered your skins in my ports of the md3's or any other artists skins...Some md3's had two groups, so I'd have to make one skin out of two, also they run in a stream in q3a and I couldn't get them to run that way in .bsp so I had to paste some stuff like the crosses in the health boxes...I also edited one shotgun skin but I included the original skin.

Even though I ported many models from mods and games I always called my thread bmodels becuase the quality of this teams work is unparalleled.

I was really upset about your team feeling ripped off and I hope that my temper and stupid coments I made after I had a few drinks, doesn't reflect on my sober state of mind.

props phoenix your models own and if I didn't mention that before, well I should have.

Once again Tabun and any other member of this team if I've edited your work I'm very sorry.

Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #57 on: 2004-06-06, 13:20 »

Apology twice accepted. I advise you to stay away from bad tempers - it's not helping your image or your interests. Good luck in creating your own models and skins in the future, if that is what you plan to do. And good luck in dealing with the likes of ssaknup or nemesis on your boards. Sometimes the endless anonimity of the internet seems too much to handle for some.

Cheers mate, and thanks for getting and keeping the port zip offline.

My final post in the bmodels thread:
To the good:
Thanks. Ignorant, dumb and foulmouthed posts have blown this out of proportion, and even through that you managed to cool things down and respond wisely and coherently. I'm sure we'll be able to work things out some day, if there is still demand for our stuff, as long as you keep the following two from doing senseless things.

To the bad:
Yes, just go ahead and put up the stuff again somewhere. That'll really improve matters. If you're in the wrong, just keep truckin'! That's what'll work out eventually - don't learn from anything, don't listen to advice, ignore information and stick to being selfish and closeminded. Don't grow to the next intellectual level, don't evolve, you're truly at the mental summit of human ability already.
If you need the definition of 'ripping' or 'remake' explained to you, you have no place in this conversation. Same goes if you don't know how to read, which is apparantly the case if you think this is about 'art' or 'purity'. I'll try to keep it simple, one last time: STEALING BAD. ASKING GOOD. REST NOT MATTER. Hope that gets across eventually.

To the ugly:
If we're supposed to 'not mind you' then don't post. Witless, pointless, spineless comments. So you think I'm a dork. So you think our effort is wasted. So you think you're mature and witty. Good show. We don't care -- I don't care. 'kthxbye' all you like.
Typical, I figured you'd be the kind of kid that liked the Nerds series.

In one final note, I apologize if I offended anyone by my first reaction on the Wirehead boards. I purposedly will leave it there as a way of showing how angry I was and probably will be in the future. Also note that the post is about ALL idiotic ripping monkeys in general, because this is certainly not the first or the worst occurance. This ofcourse only goes for 'the good'. If you are in one of the other categories, you ought to take statements like that as compliments.

Cheers to all, you've been a wonderful audience and good performers at the same time.
« Last Edit: 2004-06-06, 13:22 by Tabun » Logged

Creed

Light Guard

« Reply #58 on: 2004-06-06, 22:11 »

I just got some web space on spymac, but I won?t be uploading any models for the time being...One things for sure, I promise not to upload anything ported from Wirehead without permission:)

for anyone who didn't get to see what the bmodels looked like in quake1

My apologies if I made unflattering edits of your work.
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #59 on: 2004-06-06, 22:47 »

Well creed i highly recommend you to try to make your own models..cuz from what i can understand you have quite much knowledge about the q1 engines. why not try it? since i do not think anyone creates models to q1 anymore..it's too bad the q1remodelling project went dead.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: