2024-04-28, 01:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripped Gen stuff ((Check it out))  (Read 32638 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #80 on: 2004-06-15, 05:09 »

Whatever... this subject is old and should be over with.

I'd say if this topic really does get revived, send the paperwork.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #81 on: 2004-06-15, 11:58 »

It's almost as if I accidentally filled in a form somewhere that said: 'Tick here to keep informed about the existence of real idiots on the planet.'

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #82 on: 2004-06-15, 16:30 »

No! the thread must not be over! i demand satisfaction! i paid for blood!!!!!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #83 on: 2004-06-16, 13:36 »

nonono , no messing of blood in this forums , I'm not cleaning it up .

I would say , 1 more skin , or model altered and I would say fox them .
for not less them 500000$

btw .
/me waves his ass in woodsman's direction and sings "you can never hit it , you can never hit it ".
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #84 on: 2004-06-16, 15:43 »

Not a wise time to be reminding me GK ill be in europe again in october.
Woolie Wool

Tank Commander

« Reply #85 on: 2004-06-24, 21:27 »

Quote from: o'dium
Came across this thread via our forums, seems they are ripping models from everywhere, and i saw Tabun's GL model in there too:

http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1084

Sorry if its old!
Jesus Christ. The least they could do is give credit to the original authors, instead of implying that they made thisstuff, which they obviously did not.. Even in the Wolfenstein community, where there are not very many talented artists left and borrowing others' resources is more accepted, it is considered very wrong not to give the authors of the borrowed resources credit.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #86 on: 2004-07-25, 14:49 »

Hmm. It would be nice if Creed would stop porting stuff (or at least respect the fact that we don't want this happening, by not showing it off in screenshots).
Oh well, at least he's adding our url and stating that he'll ask (not for using the stuff, but for re-releasing) some time in the future.

If you read this, lad, please stop the screenies to show of our stuff..
At least until you have the permission you seek.

Also, since I didn't seem to respond to the questions earlier on (I must've missed them):
- I use Photoshop for textureing, because it's ideal for painting, overlays and per-pixel work
- 3D studio max for modelling (but that's just because I got used to it. Will switch to maya soon, I think)

Making models is just a matter of knowing the tools and having a good sense of the 3 dimensions, as well as technical skill in expressing an idea digitally. It's not hard, but a lot of work, usually.
Skinning/Texturing take a while to master (I'm not there yet) and it's generally a good idea to start by learning how to paint details yourself (figure out how lighting works, discover PS's tools, etc). A bit harder than modelling in some aspects, but a lot less work, once you got it down.

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #87 on: 2004-07-25, 15:42 »

is he at it again?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #88 on: 2004-07-25, 16:19 »

http://www.quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1727
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #89 on: 2004-07-25, 16:30 »

No, I did not say he was 'at it again'.
I'm just noting that there's still screenshots..

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #90 on: 2004-07-25, 22:31 »

Games Keeper:  I do not believe the models in those particular shots belong to us as they've not been publicly released yet.  If you notice in this link the armor model is physically different, and in in this link the rocket launcher also has geometric differences.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #91 on: 2004-07-25, 22:43 »

however... the weapon ammo models that he's using is the same.
Creed

Light Guard

« Reply #92 on: 2004-07-26, 00:48 »

I took down the screenshot of the vengeance missile I ported the other day,  I'm the only qw player in the world thats using this rocket model. I won't send it to anyone unless I get the ok from you guys.

Tabun I won't post anymore shots.

Anyway the patch is looking amazing. I was just wondering if you guys had any plans on doing quad models for each generation.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #93 on: 2004-07-26, 01:12 »

Thanks Creed.
No problem in porting/ripping stuff for your own pleasure, just stay away from posting screenshots & uploads.

Quad models will probably be done, yes. We decided against it for a bit, seeing how the Gen logo is universal now, but perhaps a combination of that and the Class's styles.. who knows what 1.0 might bring ;]

WolfWings

Pinky

« Reply #94 on: 2004-07-26, 01:30 »

Yeah, using the same 'model' but styling it differently for each class would rock.

The 'Generations Quad' really is a nice mark to the mod, but it would be very easy to imagine, say, Earth seeing a fancy-looking stained-glass version, or Slipgate getting one that's made of stone and has mechanical detailing (turning gears, etc, ideal use for a mapVideo shader) showing through chipped areas.
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #95 on: 2004-07-26, 01:50 »

Quote from: Tabun
Quad models will probably be done, yes. We decided against it for a bit, seeing how the Gen logo is universal now, but perhaps a combination of that and the Class's styles.. who knows what 1.0 might bring ;]
I'd like to see that! Only one issue though - the Strogg Quad would probably have to be BROWN!

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: