2024-04-27, 13:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gas going higher and higher (and it won't ever go back)  (Read 11453 times)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2004-06-12, 22:48 »

Diesel all the way , and I still want my old american muscle car .
( I saw a plymouth roadrunner on NOS last week )

and yes  it makes an awesome sound .
BogoJoker

« Reply #21 on: 2004-06-14, 03:01 »

lol.  You guys have some funny comments.

I agree with you guys that this is a global problem.  Although the US has some oil reserves they are uesless compared to the Middle East's precious bounty.  

I mentioned vegtable oil cars in my own topic before I read this topic.  I really think that SUVs should just be taken off the road and more hybrid/veggy cars should take their place.  

What are those things... gysers? The are in the ocean that are spewing energy that we cannot harness, but are constantly spewing energy that we dont know how to harness, but still spewwing energy, which we should harness, but we dont know how to harvest.  Get the point?  There ios a MASSIVE amount of energy that can be gained by these (i belive fissures in the Earth's crust) ghysphers.  I cant do the spelling and I dont wanna do any research right now.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #22 on: 2004-06-16, 19:42 »

btw , question , a ford mustang or any other old car out there . on what does it drive , diesel or gasoline ??? .
Vadertime

CyberDemon

« Reply #23 on: 2004-07-09, 01:04 »

Nearly all American made cars have always been gasoline powered. Usually all American diesels are trucks. The only diesel sedans I've ever seen were of European origin. One was a Peugot and the other was a Benz.
Kain-Xavier

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #24 on: 2004-07-09, 06:01 »

While I definitely agree that we desperately need an alternative to fossil fuel, I can foresee another barrier in the way of progress,  employment.  Thousands of jobs will be lost once the gasoline industry finally kicks the bucket.

Slipgate - Off Topic

Quote from: OoBeY
Maybe I should release the secret of commercial fusion to the world...

Don't forget to shield that inhibitor chip if you do ever decide to Slipgate - Wink

Slipgate - Off Topic

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #25 on: 2004-07-09, 18:57 »

Petroleum will always be needed, due to the fact that it's used in manufacturing of just about everything that involves polymers.  The chemical industry will always use it for that reason if for no other.  Fuel is where the big money is though, and let's not forget how many gas stations there are around the US and around the world.  Still, even hydrogen powered vehicles would need fuel, so you'd still need filling stations no matter what you used to power automobiles.  The only way you'd kill off ALL the jobs related to the fuel industry is if you had some kind of ultra-long-lasting power source that would make vehicles last almost indefinitely without the need to refuel.  Economic factors would not permit that, even if such a source were readily available.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: