2024-04-29, 18:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gen + Superhero? (Is there any way?)  (Read 3179 times)
GodHead

« on: 2004-06-04, 17:18 »

I was just wondering if anyone knew a way to combine the Superhero mod for Q3 with the Gen mod?  Since Quake 1, 3 mods have been integral to my Quake experience: Generations, Superhero and Navy Seals.  Each has stumbled along in one way or another through each version of Quake, and each has in its own way been classic.  Now the Superhero mod seems to be dead, but finished, and Gen is coming along nicely, and I was just wondering if anyone knows a way to run the two of them together to get all the classes from Gen, and all the powers from SH.

Note: I'm not asking for SH to be incorporated into Gen, not that would be a bad thing.... Slipgate - Wink
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-06-04, 17:41 »

combining mods that are THAT different just doesn't happen. The only way you COULD combine them would be through having the source code to both mods and a hell of a lot of work. It's not particularly feasible, and not too many people would be interested in the prospect. Play the mod for the mod, not a mix of your favorites.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-06-05, 04:50 »

I have no doubt that it would be technically unfeasible due to code restrictions in the Quake 3 engine.  Generations stretches what's possible with Q3 to the limit as it is.  We don't have too much headroom left for bending those rules. Slipgate - Smile
« Last Edit: 2004-06-05, 04:51 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: