2024-04-28, 12:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: No Guns for Gays (Equal Rights, Right?)  (Read 7023 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-07-05, 07:38 »

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewCulture.asp?Pa...L20040702b.html

This is just sad.  Politics will enslave everyone before the end.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #1 on: 2004-07-05, 17:15 »

All I can say is what's good for the goose...

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #2 on: 2004-07-05, 17:55 »

Sad
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #3 on: 2004-07-05, 18:54 »

I'm lost.
are you for or against the "I have a right to my bazooka" group?
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-07-05, 19:31 »

I'm lost.
are you for or against the "I have a right to my bazooka" group?

Apparently.
pro-gun and "I have a right to my bazooka" are two VERY different things.

If you read the article, you would have read that they carried side-arms. These are handguns, pistols for those who don't know what a handgun is. Most likely .9 or .22 rounds as well.

In any event, that article just goes to show you that many of these political groups can't keep their own agenda.. straight, as it were.

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2004-07-06, 00:20 »

I would say that it is obvious they can't keep it straight being gay and all...

But in stead I'll say that there may be a difference between a handgun and a bazooka, but there is also a difference between saying equal rights for everyone and simply asking people to let their killer toys stay at home, and then telling people how to live their lives. (my english is not very good but i hope you get what I'm saying)
Unless it's some sort of sick gun-addiction (in which case it needs treatment) I don't think it's too much to ask that people let the gun stay at home.
They didn't have any1 raise their right hand and say "...And I swear that I don't have a gun and I'll NEVER EVER get one" It was just for a couple of days
Ok I'll say that I think that the punishment for not letting it stay at home was unusually hard, I mean they could've just taken it and delivered it back afterwards.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-07-06, 07:45 »

"Should anyone bring a firearm (to) this Stonewall Columbus event, the firearm will be confiscated and not returned and the individual will be rejected from the event," Stonewall Columbus Executive Director Kate Anderson was quoted as saying in an email to the Pink Pistols.

You're missing the point.  This is ILLEGAL CONFISCATION OF PRIVATE PROPERTY.  This is not a law enforcement agency confiscating illegal weapons, this is a private organization saying "Your concealed carry permit is not valid here and neither is your right to self-defense."  It is about the Second Amendment to the US Constitution, which guarantees the right to keep and bear arms, being denied to a specific group of individuals BY a group claiming to work for the rights of the very people they just denied this specific right to!  Basically you have a lobby group that only thinks certain rights are valid, and other rights, even though guaranteed by the US Constitution, are not.  It's a double standard and it's as hypocritical as it gets.

It's also a severe sore spot with American gun owners when someone threatens to take their weapons away.  YOU DO NOT DO THIS.  I know how I'd react if someone tried to declaw me, and the result would be similar.  The only difference is that I'd leave more holes in you.

Genialus

Shambler

« Reply #7 on: 2004-07-06, 13:50 »

Quote from: Phoenix

Basically you have a lobby group that only thinks certain rights are valid, and other rights, even though guaranteed by the US Constitution, are not.  It's a double standard and it's as hypocritical as it gets.

I may be a supporter of human rights but I don't think ALL rights are valid, for instance i don't like this right to bear arms, maybe it's because I'm european but still.
Pretend you had a constitutional right to kill people you didn't like, and at the same time it was forbidden to eat bananas. Would it be wrong for a group to arrange a pro banana meeting and then punish people for killing anyone during the meeting? According to blindly following the laws; yes, but in my little and rebellious world; no.
For me it's comming down to wether you think this "arms right" is right.
 I honestly don't think it's hypocritical in my world it amounts to common sense as i only see guns as something that hurts people and therefor not something that anyone has a right to.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #8 on: 2004-07-07, 07:47 »

may be a supporter of human rights but I don't think ALL rights are valid, for instance i don't like this right to bear arms, maybe it's because I'm european but still.
Pretend you had a constitutional right to kill people you didn't like, and at the same time it was forbidden to eat bananas. Would it be wrong for a group to arrange a pro banana meeting and then punish people for killing anyone during the meeting? According to blindly following the laws; yes, but in my little and rebellious world; no.
For me it's comming down to wether you think this "arms right" is right.
I honestly don't think it's hypocritical in my world it amounts to common sense as i only see guns as something that hurts people and therefor not something that anyone has a right to.
The fact you dont live here, nor probally have not grown up here im willing to assume* an most likely  know very little about the US Constituion, or understand us.
* (and make an ass out of myself...if you did)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-07-07, 07:51 »

http://vikingphoenix.com/public/gchof/gchof001.htm
http://vikingphoenix.com/politics/nwl_1573_1938.htm

"Cause the registration of all firearms on some pretext, with the view of confiscating them and leaving the population defenseless." --Vladimir Ilich Lenin

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future." --Adolf Hitler, 1935

I'd say then that you're among good company, if you like to be sheep to the slaughter.  Those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to relive it.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #10 on: 2004-07-07, 12:15 »

We do not need guns over here in the UK.

We settle our fights in non-leathal ways.

we punch each other a lot, and sometimes even, but not often a knife is pulled. If that happens, it often happens that tyhe entire room turns on the weapon holder. (see it myself.)

In my most serous fight I used a table. in my secondmost I used a sword. (cavelry sabre)

why don't you all dump the guns? ifyou then fight, fight mano +mano. even nancys can pull a trigger (apparently)

I am not against anybodies right to defend them selves.

I am not against gays or blacks, or scotsmen.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-07, 12:19 by shambler » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2004-07-07, 13:12 »

Hey im a  scottish american and i dont need guns to whup no limeys @$$ particuarly when ive had a little booze! like tonight for example.

/me puts up his dukes

And for the record i own 2 guns and have never used anything but my fists in the numerous fights ive been in.
« Last Edit: 2004-07-07, 13:45 by Woodsman » Logged
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #12 on: 2004-07-07, 15:09 »

*Is bewildered*

I mean... if they're gay as much as them, then there's really no reason to... Ugh. I would also argue that arms can be as much a "gay thing" as, say, leather, if you would pardon the stereotype.

It just saddens me that an ANTI-DISCRIMINATION group would discriminate against even some of THEIR OWN. It's a sad day for gay rights when gays can't even escape discrimination by their own ilk.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2004-07-07, 19:27 »

Assamite, I know we're often at odds on issues, but I would just like to give a big, hearty:

THANK YOU!

You understand perfectly the point I had in posting this, while a lot of people so far have missed it altogether.

Naoscaire

Imp

« Reply #14 on: 2004-07-09, 16:57 »

I find it funny as hell that they pulled this bullcrap. It shows that you still have groups within these "equal rights" groups that truely don't want people to be equal. They still want to force their beliefs and views on others.
   As for me, I'm all for the right to bear arms and arm bears. Although letting gays have guns in public is scary. I mean having a group of people that's known for not shooting straight have guns?

Yeah I said that. =P
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #15 on: 2004-07-09, 18:59 »

Nao, the moment people lose the ability to make fun of politics is the moment when people become doomed by it forever.  Keep saying it.  Slipgate - Laugh

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: