2024-03-29, 15:01 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: .99e Release Bugs (Yeah, we've got a few)  (Read 7936 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-08-09, 05:49 »

Unfortunately these slipped past us and made their way out into the world.  Here's what we know about and don't need reported:

Portal surfaces are broken.  Instead of seeing a portal you see an ugly black nothing.  We'll be working on fixing this shortly.

Small team huds for Doom and Slipgate don't show up.  This is a texture bug, we'll also be fixing this shortly.

We're also planning on improving the server's map rotation handling further beyond what it does now.  Once we complete that we'll release a patch with these bugs fixed along with any others that may be found in this beta release.  I promise it won't take a year to do it either. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-09, 15:34 »

if I go to the driverinfo screen ingame , I get a grey screen on the right lower side of my screen  the size of the driver info window .
but I can still see half of the driverinfo .
Luigi

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-09, 17:44 »

99e is great! good work  Thumbs up! !
The only bug i found is that the quake2 blaster is not animating in this version.
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-09, 18:09 »

The animation code was wiped when the blaster's projectile and firing codes were redone.
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-09, 20:11 »

they'll be put back in in..1.0  Slipgate - Ninja
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-09, 22:04 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Portal surfaces are broken.  Instead of seeing a portal you see an ugly black nothing.  We'll be working on fixing this shortly.

If I can be of any help:

I've found that this is a common map shader bug caused by the aptly named common.shader. Anytime I get this problem I always root out this file in any new  map .pk3's I may have downloaded. VQ3 already has one, and any new versions tend to bugger it up in my experience (that version of The Cistern I mentioned ages ago was one such culprit).

Already wiped it from my .99e FFA .pk3, and in doing so haven't noticed any other visual bugs but I'll let yez know if it does.  

I just hope it doesn't show up as an invalid .pk3 on Saturday!

Other than that, I can't fault this mod at all!

Here's to .99f!! Slipgate - Ninja
« Last Edit: 2004-08-10, 01:01 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-10, 02:12 »

Quote from: scalliano

If I can be of any help:

I've found that this is a common map shader bug caused by the aptly named common.shader. Anytime I get this problem I always root out this file in any new  map .pk3's I may have downloaded. VQ3 already has one, and any new versions tend to bugger it up in my experience (that version of The Cistern I mentioned ages ago was one such culprit).

Already wiped it from my .99e FFA .pk3, and in doing so haven't noticed any other visual bugs but I'll let yez know if it does.  

I just hope it doesn't show up as an invalid .pk3 on Saturday!

Other than that, I can't fault this mod at all!

Here's to .99f!! Slipgate - Ninja
man, I hope there isn't a .99f  ...  I'd really like to see 1.0 <3

I haven't noticed any bugs myself, but I haven't really gotten to play the game much yet. I will say that the balance should be excellent amongst the classes. Slipgate's rockets were supposed to be "weaker" since there was a glitch in .99d that made the splash damage do more damage than it was supposed to, but I haven't noticed this weakness yet.

hopefully the Doomers will stop crying about it. the grenades handle excellent with Slipgate and Strogg too. permitting all goes to plan, I should be a regular again.

got forum games?
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-10, 02:22 »

So far, I'm loving it. Ofcourse I was able to play before, but it's just that much more fun on a crowded server :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-10, 05:42 »

Portal surfaces aren't black for me. Their upside down for me. Slipgate - Shifty
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-10, 07:32 »

Quote from: scalliano
NOOO!!!  You can't play on any servers now!  Editing pk3's is BAD, ok?  Pure server will kick you if your pk3 differs from the server's, so if you want to play on any or our servers you have to download the whole ffa mappack all over again, unless you kept the installer.

Games Keeper:  I know about that bug.  For now just stay off the driver info page.  That seems to be the only one affected.  I'm getting a shader error listing whenever I load that, but not the same display glitch you're getting.  I think it's a problem in the menu itself.

The only way to fix these problems is with a patch release.  This won't be a .99f, just a post-99e bugfix patch and server rotation code update.  I'll replace the bad common.shader with the proper one.  I also need to find out why Stormatordm1's sky is going hall of mirrors again whenever a HUD is displayed.  We had that fixed a long time ago, and I know Con used the stormatordm1_fix when he built the ffa map pack, so I have to assume a newer map has the wrong shader again.

Just so everyone knows.. this patch won't be released until WELL after QuakeCon.  I'm burned out and I need a break, and time for any additional bug reports to roll in.

ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-10, 15:41 »

Con used the stormatordm1_fix when he built the ffa map pack

Actually, I may have missed that one...
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-10, 17:39 »

if you want to play on any or our servers you have to download the whole ffa mappack all over again, unless you kept the installer.
Cheers for letting me know, Pho. Luckily, I NEVER delete the zip files. I always back 'em up (I still have, dare I say it, Q2Gen kicking around somewhere Slipgate - Ninja ) so there's no problem there.

It's a shame though, because it did actually work. Slipgate - Roll Eyes

BTW Stormatorium is fine for me.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-10, 18:12 by scalliano » Logged

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-11, 03:29 »

It's fine until you hop out of spectator mode, then the sky goes whacky.  I tested that last night.

Con:  Ok, at least that simplifies my hunt for the shader fix.  Slipgate - Smile

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #13 on: 2004-08-23, 05:20 »

A few other known bugs:

Running out of ammo with the chaingun as a Doom Warrior can sometimes lock the gun and prevent weapon switching.  This happens most often if cg_predictitems is set to 1.  This has been corrected.

Discharging into slime and lava prints the wrong obit for victims (not the discharging player).  Fixed also.

If you change classes during warmup (even if dying) you will self-defer unless default skin.  I still have to fix this one.

The broken huds, shaders for Stormatordm1, along with the broken portal shader and missing .arena file for ll_q2dm8 have also been fixed.  All of these and any additional bugs found and fixed will be included in the upcoming "bugfix patch".

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: