2024-04-29, 09:43 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Where all the playas at?!  (Read 6290 times)
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« on: 2004-08-14, 00:11 »

I never see anyone playing on any of the Generations Servers.  Where is everybody?!  Why aren't y'all going crazy nuts playing this game online?!  I mean I know theres the forum games here and there, but still!  Bots just don't cut it for me  Slipgate - Grin

-JL
JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-14, 04:47 »

Ya right man, i have never seen someone in a server on the weekdays and dat is such a sad thing, ya know, if everyone is ravin' about gen, why is no one givin' de right use to their .99e file??? it's a shame, only once seen pho was hosting a server, then i try to get in but it was password protected (crap), so lets try to play the mod sometime between weekdays and make aside Enemy Territory for awhile people!!!
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-14, 05:10 »

My server was always password protected because it's strictly a beta testing server.  We've also had a lot of games this week, so I don't know what you're using for a server browser but we have been playing.  If you want to hop in a game I'd recommend checking our servers page and hopping in, or dropping by irc.wireheadstudios.net channel #wirehead and asking anyone to play..  Once a player gets on a server usually people jump in right after.  We had a rather hectic match just last night!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-14, 05:11 »

If you pester people in the IRC channel, they will play with you. Even on weeknights you can usually scrounge up atleast 3 or 4 people to play ask around. Use the link on the Gen page, or download a client from mirc.com, and connect to the server west.wireheadstudios.net and join #wirehead.

Edit: LOL- instaposted by Pho!
« Last Edit: 2004-08-14, 05:15 by Gnam » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-14, 13:54 »

Quote from: Gnam
If you pester people in the IRC channel, they will play with you. Even on weeknights you can usually scrounge up atleast 3 or 4 people to play ask around. Use the link on the Gen page, or download a client from mirc.com, and connect to the server west.wireheadstudios.net and join #wirehead.

This is correct!
« Last Edit: 2004-08-14, 13:54 by ConfusedUs » Logged
Rubilacxe

Shambler

« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-18, 00:22 »

Update:  I just played a big game last night online finally.  I had so much fun it put me in a fantastic mood <3.  This is seriously the best online game out there.  This should have the popularity of Counter Strike!  Its 100x better anyway  Thumbs up!

-JL
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-18, 02:00 »

Counter-what?

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Xypher
Carbon-based Homosapien with an affinity for c++

Team Member
Chton

« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-18, 02:18 »

Counter-Productive, as in retards. that is all...

Sliders
Uptime: Yes!
Last Idle: 6 Years

http://hellbat.mine.nu
JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-19, 15:06 »

What de hell do i need to do to play with real people online???!!!!!!!  Sipgate - Evil
(time out; i'm pickin some berzerker packs i'll take from de alpha labs and there i go.......  aaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!!! rrreeerraaarrgggghhhh!!!!!!!!.......................
....................................................................................
.......................................................................................
...........................................................................................
i think i killed someone just outside home.................)

nevermind, today is the day i have my brake so i don't have to go to work tonight so if anyone is on the irc channel, ill be mocking ya guys to play with ya......

ya have been warn.....
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-19, 18:33 »

whats that counter-cheat thing you guys are talking about ?
MaximumKarnage

« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-30, 21:08 »

i've noticed hardly anyone on the servers too. alot of people show up around 8-9pm (or so i've seen). your greatest chance of going against the most players is on saturday night  Thumbs up!. and dont play on omegamind if you dont want a big game! only 3 players can play on that at a time, even though it says it can support 11.

just hope im not in there too, or you wont be scoring much   Slipgate - Grin

while im here i have a question. if this can be easily answered elsewhere, redirect me, otherwise...
everyone talks about playing with bots, but everywhere i look i see no thingy for adding in bots in the map selection screen, or in-game. i've looked many times. is everyone talking about playing on omegamind? (which has 3 bots roaming around if theres no players) or is there a way to add bots to your normal games? playing against players is fun, but sometimes you just need something to pass the time with when no one else is around.
someone wanna tell me how to add bots?
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-31, 01:23 »

Quote from: MaximumKarnage
i've noticed hardly anyone on the servers too. alot of people show up around 8-9pm (or so i've seen). your greatest chance of going against the most players is on saturday night  Thumbs up!. and dont play on omegamind if you dont want a big game! only 3 players can play on that at a time, even though it says it can support 11.

just hope im not in there too, or you wont be scoring much   Slipgate - Grin

while im here i have a question. if this can be easily answered elsewhere, redirect me, otherwise...
everyone talks about playing with bots, but everywhere i look i see no thingy for adding in bots in the map selection screen, or in-game. i've looked many times. is everyone talking about playing on omegamind? (which has 3 bots roaming around if theres no players) or is there a way to add bots to your normal games? playing against players is fun, but sometimes you just need something to pass the time with when no one else is around.
someone wanna tell me how to add bots?
Oh really? We must definitely play sometime soon - I like going up against people who resist me scoring off of them >=D

At any rate, for the bot question... This RTFM moment has been brought to you by Tekhead:

http://www.wireheadstudios.org/generations...al/console.html

Check it out - your answer lies within.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-31, 04:08 »

Aye, bots are fully supported, but not through the menu just yet.  We've still got a lot of work to do on the UI, so break out that ~ key and get cozy with the console for now.  Slipgate - Grin

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #13 on: 2004-08-31, 05:11 »

More players == more targets for Pho. ;P
MaximumKarnage

« Reply #14 on: 2004-09-03, 15:12 »

ohhhh i see. thanks, i knew it was probably somewhere, thats why i said redirect me.
well, besides adding bots like that, i also noticed that if you set the minimum number of players to..lets say 6, 6 bots will spawn in if there isnt enough players.
thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: