2024-04-27, 19:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Where were you shot, son?  (Read 12018 times)
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« on: 2004-08-27, 06:38 »

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/bizarre/0..._buttwound.html

Yeah it's funny.  Not so funny if he had severed an artery and bled to death.  Here's a few safety rules to keep in mind for concealed carry.

1)  Be sure to check local laws to make sure it's legal.
2)  Take a firearms safety course, and a concealed carry course as well.
3)  Learn EXACTLY how your firearm operates.
4)  Be sure the firearm is in proper working order.
5)  Use a proper concealment holster.
6)  Engage the mechanical safety prior to holstering.
7)  When drawing the weapon keep your finger outside the trigger guard.
Slipgate - Cool  Carry the weapon with the hammer DOWN.
9)  If the firearm is single-action only and must be cocked prior to firing be sure you are fully trained on how to carry a firearm in "condition zero".  If you don't know what this term means you have no business operating a single-action only pistol.
10)  Prior to operating any firearm:

Slipgate - RTFM
« Last Edit: 2004-08-27, 06:39 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
YicklePigeon

Ogre

« Reply #1 on: 2004-08-27, 07:29 »

Here's some more:-

11. If you cannot figure out the above 10 rules,  handguns make especially good blackjacks.
12. However,  with regards to rule #11,  make sure that a) the gun is completely unloaded and if you're not sure then b) always leave the safety on when the barrel is pointing at you....oh wait - if you couldn't figure out the first 10 rules, chances are you didn't even get to this rule...(hears the sound of a gun shot)...see you round bub =D

Regards,

Yickle.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-27, 07:29 by YicklePigeon » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-08-27, 16:32 »

rule number 13) dont buy a gun . making you not having to use any of the above rules
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #3 on: 2004-08-27, 17:38 »

If you don't know what you're doing, don't buy a freaking gun. It's simple as that; I've seen people practically take off thumbs at the firing range because they didn't know their semi-auto's rack would come flying back when they fired. "But it was only a .22!" Yeah, imagine what would have happened if you did that with the .45 you keep in the house "for self-defence."

By all rights, people SHOULD be allowed to own firearms, but for @#$%'s sake, LEARN HOW TO PROPERLY HANDLE THEM FIRST!

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2004-08-27, 18:23 »

14) Before holstering your weapon, make sure it's unloaded by discharging it fully into the nearby environment.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-27, 18:23 by OoBeY » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-08-27, 18:24 »

Rule number 15. if god had wanted us to listen to gameskeeper we would be able to understand him.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2004-08-27, 19:48 »

Quote from: Woodsman
Rule number 15. if god had wanted us to listen to gameskeeper we would be able to understand him.
Amen!  Slipgate - Smile~

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2004-08-27, 19:59 »

this time I find this unfunny woodsman  Slipgate - Exhausted
really , no guns , no gunshotwounds .

you have maqre chance hitting sombody you know then hitting a criminal
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #8 on: 2004-08-27, 21:04 »

"It hurts fiercely now,"

Slipgate - Laugh  Big Gun
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2004-08-27, 22:52 »

Quote from: games keeper
you have maqre chance hitting sombody you know then hitting a criminal
You don't often hear about accidental shootings by people who know how to handle their weapons.  Police, Military, FBI, etc... they know what they're doing.  The only difference between a police officer or soldier and Joe Citizen is training.  Give Joe Citizen the proper training, and there's no problem.  I know one person who owns some of those "evil assault weapons" you always hear about.  He's fired fully-automatic MP5 submachineguns, and he's a damned good shot.  He owns a small arsenal and never once has he had an accident.  He's not a cop, and he's not a grunt.  He just knows what he's doing because he took the time to educate himself.

So please, spare us the "guns are dangerous" lectures, Games Keeper.  You don't know what you're talking about.  Go back to your tinker-toys if you're afraid to handle a weapon.

games keeper

Elite

« Reply #10 on: 2004-08-27, 23:36 »

saying that makes you just as stupid as all the other weapon lovers pho .

next thing your gonna tell to me is
guns dont kill people , people kill people ...

thats bullshit

ya know what , wmd's dont kill people , people kill people . lets give evereone a WMD just for shure .

the problem is people see the gun as a way of power and think they are the master , the hero  ,the one who cant miss and cant be hurt  ( fast and the furious style )

so they go out and kill the guy next door who anoys them , just because they got a gun .
and they know they can , even if there neighbour has a gun , because you can come out of your garage with your weapon already in your hands , while he has to grab to his pockets or even wurse , run into the house and get the gun thats in the locked case .

anyway , the out of control freak just has an advantage .

now , lets say there is a homejacker or whatever in your house .
with us these people are smarter then those who do it in your country , they go straight to the bedroom and point the gun to your face while your still asleep .

now you can say , i sleep with the gun in my nightclosed , so I can shoot him from the moment he enters the room . well , lets say that he entered the wrong door . the door of your kids .
do your kids have a gun to protect themselves ?
NO

let me all point it out another way .

if it has come that far that evereone in america has to have his own gun so that he is safe , then your country is on the brink of apokalyps .

I only knows 1 guy here who has a gun , and thats a shotgun , and he doesnt use it to protect himself , he uses it to shoot the birds who are after his fishes .

Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #11 on: 2004-08-28, 04:41 »

you also run less chance of burning yourself if you dont use a stove. so cook everything in the microwave.

I own guns simply because i find guns interesting but if i had to protect myself id be glad i had them.
« Last Edit: 2004-08-28, 04:43 by Woodsman » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-08-28, 07:31 »

Quote from: games keeper
saying that makes you just as stupid as all the other weapon lovers pho.

Speaking the truth means I'm unintelligent?  Tell me, oh apex of evolution, how I managed to code for Generations if I'm a complete imbecile?  How I learned C from the ground up with no formal training, and learned how to make models as well?  I understand a good deal about algebra, trigonometry, analytic geometry, calculus, chemistry, biology, mechanical physics, drafting, engineering design, computer operation, and computer repair.  I could keep going down the list, but I see that clearly understanding how to maintain and operate weapons automatically makes me an idiot.  I shall be sure to defer all decisions to your enlightened opinion from now on! (end sarcastic rant).

next thing your gonna tell to me is
guns dont kill people , people kill people ...

No, people don't kill people, BULLETS kill people.  Although, it does take someone pulling the trigger to send them on their merry way.

the problem is people see the gun as a way of power and think they are the master , the hero  ,the one who cant miss and cant be hurt  ( fast and the furious style )

Criminal thugs who have no idea how to properly operate a firearm perhaps, but peaceable firearms owners for the most part do not hold this view.

so they go out and kill the guy next door who anoys them , just because they got a gun .
and they know they can , even if there neighbour has a gun , because you can come out of your garage with your weapon already in your hands , while he has to grab to his pockets or even wurse , run into the house and get the gun thats in the locked case .

I see someone's been watching too many John Wayne movies.  You know there's a problem with this little notion of yours.  It's called "bodies".  In real life corpses don't sink into the floor, so you have a problem.  Dead men DO tell tales, and you end up going to prison for life, or being executed.  See, there's consequences to actions, and firearms owners understand this quite well.  If you misuse a firearm there WILL be consequences.  I don't know what kind of propaganda you get fed over there, but people don't gun each other down left and right in the USA.  Those who think they can do so and try to get away with it go to prison.

now , lets say there is a homejacker or whatever in your house .
with us these people are smarter then those who do it in your country , they go straight to the bedroom and point the gun to your face while your still asleep .

I guess you have pretty crappy doors and windows.  Ever hear of a house alarm?  Deadbolts?  Security locks on windows?  Americans have this idea that a man's home is his castle.  Make it hard for someone to break in, and they usually choose an easier target.  Dogs also make nice security alarms.  Alertness helps, and a little prevention goes a long way.

now you can say , i sleep with the gun in my nightclosed , so I can shoot him from the moment he enters the room . well , lets say that he entered the wrong door . the door of your kids .
do your kids have a gun to protect themselves ?
NO

I don't know how many times I've heard of people having break-ins where just presenting a gun scared the crook so bad he did anything the homeowner wanted.  Only an idiot shoots blindly.  One of the first things you're taught in a firearms safety course is to know your target AND WHAT IS BEHIND IT.  Now, how about if you hear the kids scream and some knife-wielding psychopath is trying to stab them to death?  What are you going to do, use harsh language?  Watch your children be horribly murdered, and be the next one to die?  Such foolishness.  Someone with your attitude, who is unwilling to defend his offspring or himself, deserves whatever fate befalls him.  I have no sympathy for those unwilling to fight back to protect those who can't protect themselves.

if it has come that far that evereone in america has to have his own gun so that he is safe , then your country is on the brink of apokalyps

Who ever said that everyone has to own a gun in the US?  People shouldn't have to own one at all, but there's a little problem called human nature.  You see, there are people who like to take what is not theirs, be it property, life, or someone's body.  Those people need to be kept in check.  Firearms are the most effective deterrant, seeing that anyone from an 80 year old woman to a 12 year old boy can pick one up and stop someone who is even built like Arnold.  There are documented cases of all kinds where brutal murders and rapes have been averted by people using firearms.  The only difference between a hostile army and a hostile criminal is numbers.  The stakes are the same, and the response is the same.  That is, unless you like the idea of someone else raping or killing you in any way they see fit.

I only knows 1 guy here who has a gun , and thats a shotgun , and he doesnt use it to protect himself , he uses it to shoot the birds who are after his fishes .

Oh I see, so guns are OK as long as you just murder animals with them!  Not killing for food even, just so he can have fish.  I suppose he's too "enlightened" to defend his family with that same shotgun, eh?  Just do whatever the criminals ask, right?  Absolutely pathetic.  I tell you what, Games Keeper.  You need to keep a little white flag next to your bed for when someone decides to break into your place.  That way you can make it absolutely clear you have no hostile intent, so when you're getting hacked to death with an axe you'll die content knowing that you were right, and I was wrong.

Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #13 on: 2004-08-28, 09:49 »

You know, now I'm going to imagine GK trying to fish with a shotgun while standing in a canoe-sized boat for a while now.... and I am throughly entertained =]
« Last Edit: 2004-08-28, 09:49 by Tekhead » Logged
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #14 on: 2004-08-28, 16:06 »

Nothing wrong with shooting as long as the right people get shot. If men were not created equal then samuel colt made them so!
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #15 on: 2004-08-28, 23:21 »

expensive fishes in his pool .
and the squirles are going after his nuts .

whoever says a gun is the answer is a true idiot .

gimme a gun , and a lockpick and at night I will sneak in your house and put the gun against your head .

start grabbing the gun thats in your nightcloset .
did I tell ya that if you make 1 suspicious move you get a bullet trough your head ?

with other words , your gun wont save ya because people dont think  .
'oh , that guy in the house has a gun in the house just like I have here , lets not go in his house "

the guy thinks
"I got my gun already pulled , he hasnt , lets take that in our advantage and go in ."

so unless your somekind of freak who always carries a gun in his pocket , even at night ( dont wanna know where he puts the gun then ) and does not sleep deep at al , your nothing .

btw , in the century they use gas to paralize ya anyway . and they just blow it under our door so your gun is worthless .

Speaking the truth means I'm unintelligent? Tell me, oh apex of evolution, how I managed to code for Generations if I'm a complete imbecile? How I learned C from the ground up with no formal training, and learned how to make models as well? I understand a good deal about algebra, trigonometry, analytic geometry, calculus, chemistry, biology, mechanical physics, drafting, engineering design, computer operation, and computer repair. I could keep going down the list, but I see that clearly understanding how to maintain and operate weapons automatically makes me an idiot. I shall be sure to defer all decisions to your enlightened opinion from now on! (end sarcastic rant).

hannibal was a doctor .
« Last Edit: 2004-08-28, 23:24 by games keeper » Logged
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #16 on: 2004-08-29, 01:47 »

when was the last time you saw a gun pick itself up, load itself, put its own safety off, aim itself and then shoot someone by itself.

to put it in the words of the dwarven sharpshooters from Warcraft3, "Guns dont kill people...  I DO!!!"

guns are not inherently dangerous nor evil. in the proper hands they are as safe as any other tool humans use. Personally, im more worried about being run over by some dumbass thats either, too drunk, too ricey(stupid street racers) or too busy talking on a phone to notice im on the road too.

and if you wanna play statistics, you are statistically around 1000 times more likely to be seriously hurt/die in a car accident than you are to be shot, robbed, raped and mugged. combined.
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #17 on: 2004-08-29, 06:20 »

What kind of stupid logic is that? i own two guns but i could just as likely pick your lock and stab you while you sleep and if you try to take my ka-bar away ill use my bowie knife and if you take that away ill use a kitchen knife and if you take that away ill crush your head with a rock. what are you going to do outlaw rocks? i mean by your logic im going to kill you just because i have the means so why should not having a gun stop me?
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #18 on: 2004-08-29, 09:29 »

GK, seriously, stop replying, your only making yourself look more like an ass. this is startin to become more of a 'controvercy corner' thread
« Last Edit: 2004-08-29, 09:30 by OmEgA-X » Logged
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #19 on: 2004-08-29, 10:12 »

for some reason I hope you guys get shot while you have a gun at you house .
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: