2024-03-29, 00:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ATTENTION: VEHICLE OWNERS  (Read 4106 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« on: 2004-09-09, 11:14 »

CAR ALARMS DO NOTHING BUT PISS PEOPLE OFF AT 3AM. THEY DON'T EVEN WORK AS A THEFT DETERRENT, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOUR DUMBASS DOESN'T WAKE UP TO THE SOUND OF IT GOING OFF, YET THE REST OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD DOES.

So yeah, this shit's been going off for two hours about 50-70ft away form my bedroom parked on the street. I'm not happy. It's intermittent, but the next time it does go off, I'll calling the cops and asking them what they cna do about this situation because damnit, I love my sleep, and I'll crack some heads open if it gets interrupted again tonight.

People who use loud gagets and turn a deaf ear to them at the same time suck.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-09, 11:14 by Tekhead » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-09, 14:21 »

Pathetic.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Hedhunta

Chton

« Reply #2 on: 2004-09-09, 14:42 »

take a baseball bat, wrap it in foam(so you dont actually damage the ba.. er car) and whack his bumper as hard as possible to set off the airbags(note this only works if he has them!) ... just dont get caught.. hehehe, itll be a bitch for him to get them fixed. not really entirely sure this works, but if it does itd be hella funny to watch when he comes back.
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2004-09-09, 14:54 »

Gina and I had the same problem about 9 months ago. This car alarm was going off for hours. It started about 5am, and sounded intermittently until nearly noon.

The cops were called, no action was taken. Grrr.
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« Reply #4 on: 2004-09-09, 17:39 »

Mine hasn't given any false alarms yet. And if it did, I guarantee it would wake the house up, as it's right next to my parent's window, and the dogs go BALLISTIC when it goes off. That, and it's there not necessarily to stop the car from getting stolen, since the car isn't some hot item, but rather to deter punk ass neighborhood kids from stealing my radio.

Of course, if the alarm DID go off right now, it wouldn't do much, since the car is parked about a mile away from me, at the basketball stadium. However, the radio wouldn't be stolen (gg faceplate) and I'd like to think the ignition cutoff would keep the car from being stolen as well. Assuming, of course, that the would be car jacker isn't some professional. But if he was, I really doubt a '92 Ford Explorer is high up on his list.
« Last Edit: 2004-09-09, 17:40 by OoBeY » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: