2024-03-29, 02:22 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I LOVE JON STEWART (Go read his latest book!)  (Read 3069 times)
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« on: 2004-09-21, 03:52 »

I just got Jon Stewart's America (The Book) today after a long wait. Previously, I got the pre-release audio version via Audible, to my extreme disappointment upon finding out it was abriged. Well, I got the real, whole thing now, and it was definitely worth it.

As a history- and politics- and all-around-social-studies-buff, this gem was nothing short of pure bliss to me, as anything and everything I have learned in school was given an irreverent and hilarious spin. Revisionist history at its best.

This is mandatory reading for all Daily Show fans. If you are into history or anything of the sort, you should read it, too. If you are a humorless politician/bureaucrat/judge/lawyer/lobbyist/historian/college professor, you DEFINITELY should read it.

You know what? I am DEFINITELY showing this to my social studies teachers. You know, the ones who influenced my life. They'd either laugh their asses off or weep in finding out that all their teaching was for nothing as now I am reading this crap.

Will you look at the time?! TDS is almost on. Toodles!
Woodsman
Icon of Booze

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #1 on: 2004-09-21, 06:17 »

John stewart is my favorite leftist celebrity.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: