2024-04-29, 12:37 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who's the top gen. player (Please tell me it's Tekhead)  (Read 12112 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #20 on: 2004-09-28, 20:15 »

Oh yes... in spirit of the thread, keep your eyes open for a Best of the Best Online Generations Tournament... hosted by Yours Truly sometime in the near future =]
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #21 on: 2004-09-28, 20:26 »

Well as i always have said: "There is always someone who's better than you" And for me that's a good thing i sure don't want to be the number if i ever reach that stage i'll prolly quit playing. Why? how fun is it to play when  there's no challenge? no goal to reach?

But since im only a poor 56ker most of you can beat me but if i was on DSL i think i could  prolly give you a quite good ass beating Slipgate - Wink And oh..you know i will get DSL next year so you've been warned.. at the latest i'll get DSL the 2nd quarter next year..still some time left but better late than never right?
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #22 on: 2004-09-28, 20:35 »

Quote from: Phoenix
Oh yes, and don't die with the dualgats out.  You drop a BFG class weapon.<3
Actually, when I respawn as Arena, Strogg, or Doom, the first thing I will do is make a beeline for the dualgats I dropped.  Doomed
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #23 on: 2004-09-28, 20:44 »

More than once, I've found a quiet corner as Earth, done a /kill, then a /class doom, and found my own Dualgat drop. Slipgate - Wink

And what Reboot said is my mentality: There will always be someone better than me. I will never be on the same level as Con, Pho, Tab, or Tek, and I know it. I just enjoy this thing way too much to ever stop.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #24 on: 2004-09-28, 21:35 »

Quote from: Phoenix
You can reach spots a line-of-sight rocket wouldn't dream of going.
Q3DM17's quad platform, through the open windows in Dunwich (personal favourite), etc, plus the ability to bomb people down below you like no other GL in the game (the mortar shell can hit some serious speeds on the way down - WAY faster than Slippy's RL or Arena's BFG [the crap one]!) Sipgate - Evil

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #25 on: 2004-09-28, 22:22 »

If i actually had time to play I'd pwn Con and assume his spot.

Thats DM of course.

FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #26 on: 2004-09-29, 01:43 »

My first experiences on actual DM Gen:  NICE DUDES!

Thanks to Makou, BigKiller, Killer and others that entertained me. I played on random and I gotta tell ya, that earth model had me rolling on the floor.  I may be liking that one a lot, you guys are right, I got some incredible rocket kills that I don't think I would've never gotten with a regular  RL.  I may be joining more now, but I gotta learn most of them maps, I was lost two thirds of the time :-)    

I had played a few games on older versions of Gen, but this felt like a whole new game, much refined and nicer.  Only one gripe I have, my favorite weapon of all time is the good'ol trusted Q1 rocket launcher, is it my idea or this RL seems to shoot down from where you aim?  I guess I'll get used to it, I can't reaaly explain it but it doesn't feel like it goes straight, uhmmm
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #27 on: 2004-09-29, 01:44 »

Sorry Tab. I always forget you because I never play with you. =(
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #28 on: 2004-09-29, 02:18 »

My pleasure, dude. Slipgate - Smile

And you know, you're the third person to mention that it seems like the Slipgate RL  drifts downwards...

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #29 on: 2004-09-29, 02:23 »

Quote from: FluSyndrome
Only one gripe I have, my favorite weapon of all time is the good'ol trusted Q1 rocket launcher, is it my idea or this RL seems to shoot down from where you aim?
Well, two things there.  The rocket flies perfectly level if you use the centerview command.  The gun model may need some visual position tweaking.  Seeing that the Q1 rocket launcher model was kind of square-ish and ours is more round the perspective might seem a little "off".  Second is the particle effects need reworking.  That's one of those things planned for 1.0, all the particle effects (except the BFG10K) are going to get a facelift.  We're glad you're liking the mod so far!

Tek, you'll use any excuse to get a tournament going, won't you?
 Doomed
« Last Edit: 2004-09-29, 02:24 by Phoenix » Logged

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #30 on: 2004-09-29, 13:54 »

Actually, that plan has been around for a while :]

Yarrr - Curse them timezones! I noticed I missed another game last night. Can't wait to get this graduation project over with, so I can stay up 'till 6 am again ;]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: