2024-03-29, 10:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slipgate nailgun switching (minor error at best but still)  (Read 5084 times)
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« on: 2004-10-07, 06:28 »

I'm not sure if this has been covered yet or not but when I empty a nailgun it will switch to the supernailgun if i have no better weapon / ammo.
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-07, 06:45 »

I am unable to reproduce this behavior. If I have an SNG, no other weapons, and empty the Nailgun (not SNG), it switches to the Axe.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Assamite

Hans Grosse

« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-07, 06:48 »

While we're on the subject of weapon switching, it seems that you can still select the Doom SSG with only one shell.
Kajet

Vadrigar

I have no clue what to put here...

« Reply #3 on: 2004-10-07, 19:58 »

Huh strange it was happening quite often last night on one of the servers...
69.93.136.70:27960 I belive anyway while trying to recreate that bug it seems like if you have an odd amount of ammo for the super shotgun or super nailgun it will use all the ammo without sitching the weapon graphic...

and assamite is right except it dosen't  switch from the combat sg to the 12 gage if you hold the attack (fire) button
Makou

Team Member
Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #4 on: 2004-10-07, 20:05 »

That part of Slipgate's weapon behavior is correct. If you have 1 shell or 1 nail left, and you fire the SSG or SNG, it will fire the remaining round as it you had the Boomstick or Nailgun selected, will make the weaker weapon's sound, and the projectile will behave accordingly. This is in line with how those weapons acted in Quake 1.

If you see a "Rona Altana" out there on the internet somewhere, that's probably me
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #5 on: 2004-10-07, 20:41 »

What Makou states is correct.  As for the weapon icons and selectability, I knew I missed doing something when I modified the weapon's actual behavior.  I'll recheck those and correct as needed.  Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: