2024-04-28, 06:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rare moments in DM (Ever have this happen to you?)  (Read 16472 times)
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #40 on: 2004-09-29, 23:25 »

Yeah Pho, I've been getting lots of split second ping spikes at random. It's very annoying, as you can be in the middle of a fight and all of a sudden the game freezes for half a second and next thing you missed your shot, or died. Are there any ways to deal with this kind of problem?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #41 on: 2004-09-30, 03:25 »

First is to rule out the obvious.  Is it only affecting gameplay, or does it affect websurfing and downloads?  Is it happening specific to Gen, Q3 in general, and are other games affected?  If you're getting hit with this in other games then I'd say it's a general networking or computer problem.  It could be anything from a flakey router upstream from you to a network card that's beginning to die, or even a software glitch.  If it's only affecting Gen, try other servers first to see if it's your route to host or if it's happening across the board on any server.  Once you know this we can work on tweaking if necessary if it's something specific to playing Gen.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #42 on: 2004-10-10, 06:38 »

I'm pretty sure it's my net conn, cause it happens in other games as well (although it seems to happen less in other games, probably becuase there's less fast movement so it's less noticeable and harder to get out of synch). My /rate could be a little high, but I don't think that would cause spikes. It deffinitely affects both Gen and vQ3 equally, so it's not a Gen problem.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: