2024-03-28, 10:28 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: +set dmflags values (Pathetic newbie - ;))  (Read 3567 times)
ZippyChimp

« on: 2004-10-16, 20:19 »

Hey guys...

I realize that this may be a totally lame question, but a real quick background.

I'm an old guy (as in >39yrs) and I work with other old guys at my employer.  We have managed to get a QIII server going (we have network admin blessing, as he is one of the players!!  Slipgate - Wink ) but the simple fact of the matter is - none of us are "gamers" so to speak.

Anyway - we really dig this mod (generations - its great!).  I'm playing around with the subjected variable as I figured out that it controls some of the gameplay behaviour.  We would like to have the Generations default of all the weapons, but with regular QIII server default  of having the little "+" things (health) available in levels while playing.

The sample batch file provided by the generations manual uses a value of 80 which is apparently a full on deathmatch (and we have been having fun! Slipgate - Wink ).  I changed that to 64 - forget where I came up with that... saw it posted somplace, and that gives us the options to pick up weapons and health - sorta like a default qiii game.  But we don't have ALL the weapons.

Is there a value that I can use to get all the weapons and have the health things available??

Thanks guys!

-=- jd -=-
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-16, 22:31 »

All the DMFLAGS values are listed within the Generations Arena manual, you can see the list here, towards the bottom of the page.

Remember that any changes to dmflags or genflags during play won't take effect until the map changes or is restarted.

The "Fully Loaded" mode of play removes all items from the level.  You start out with a full load of weapons, and you play until you die.  If you set dmflags to include 16 (fully loaded) no items or powerups will spawn on the level.  Also, if you set dmflags to include 32 (infinite ammo) no ammo will spawn on the level, but weapons, health, and powerups will.  If your dmflags includes both then you'll spawn with all weapons and never run out of ammo, and no items will spawn on the level.

Dmflags 64 is "powerups drop", which is the default setting.  If you kill someone and they had Quad damage, invisibility, etc,  you can pick up the powerup.  If dmflags does not include 64 then any powerups a player carries will not drop if they are killed.  Dmflags 80 = 64 + 16, which would be "powerups drop" and "fully loaded".  Powerups don't spawn in fully loaded, so the 64 has no effect on "fully loaded" at this time.

We may change the way fully loaded works in our next release when we add in some new gameplay modes, but for now it's not possible to have items on the level when fully loaded is set.

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help you.  Remember to check the manual too, it has just about every possible game setting listed, as well as a very helpful FAQ section.
 Thumbs up!

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
ZippyChimp

« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-18, 00:40 »

Hey - thats terrific!  Slipgate - Wink  Appreciate the info.  I feel kind of like a schmuck too for asking as I did look at the manual. ( ducking..  only a little...  impatient to get games going! lol!! )  Guess I' have to revisit it and actually READ through it this time around.  Can you say RTFM?  lol!!

Anyway - thanks again - and thanks to the guys (sounds like you one of them?) who created this thing - it really is a load of fun.   Slipgate - Smile

-=- jd -=-
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: