2024-03-29, 16:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wolf Arena beta (Do I dare?)  (Read 40109 times)
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #80 on: 2004-12-06, 19:56 »

Oh... ok.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #81 on: 2004-12-30, 06:13 »

I have not forgotten about the knights Flu, I've just been tied up with some other things, some of that is finalizing .99f and some bug fixes.  Again, sorry for the delay, but I wanted to let you know I've not given up on the model.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #82 on: 2004-12-30, 18:57 »

I figured as much, and I don't mind waiting. I'm not quite sure what you guys are doing in the next version of gen, I thought it was finished, it looks to me like a finished project and way better than the previous versions. I can't think of a thing to fix, but knock yerselves out in the way to perfection :-)
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #83 on: 2004-12-30, 19:00 »

If you hadn't noticed, none of the viewport weapons move a whole lot. Most notably, hand grenades appear from nowhere, and knives and axes don't swing -- one of the major things Gen lacks artwise at the moment, is viewport weapon animation.
Then there's tons of coding to do, tweaking balance, adding features, detecting and fixing bugs, new menu's and huds...

Generations a finished product? You must be getting used to Microsoft standards when it comes to 'a finished product' :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #84 on: 2004-12-30, 19:49 »

The only truly finished MS product is DOS. Don't lower yourself to their standards.

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #85 on: 2004-12-30, 21:03 »

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the angle of the viewpoint weapons on slipgate is a bit off? They don't seem to be pointing forwards exactly, but a bit upwards.

This is not a critisizum. (not that I could spell it) just something I think is not quite right.
« Last Edit: 2004-12-30, 21:03 by shambler » Logged
FluSyndrome

Tank Commander

« Reply #86 on: 2004-12-30, 21:30 »

I did notice the lack of  movements of some weapons, I just thought it was something that  was beyond fixing due to game engine limitations. The only issue I had and did mention once was that the RL in Q1 (my all time favorite weapon, nostalgia  related mostly) seems to shoot lower than where I want it to go. I think it was Phoenix  who replied that the line of fire is even, but it just gives me that impression. I have played Q1 again to check  for this and I just can't describe it but the GEN version "FEELS" like is pointing downward or something.  But even that is nothing that  bugs me much.
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #87 on: 2004-12-30, 23:16 »

like this?
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #88 on: 2004-12-31, 00:18 »

Aye, all first-person weapon position issues will be corrected once we get the animations working.  Remember too that old Q1 rocket launcher recoiled visually, which ours does not.  I know ours looks "low", but the original Q1 rocket launcher actually pointed somewhat down and forward in the .mdl file, which is rather ironic.  Our is just level, but looks like it's aimed a bit low owing to the fact that Q1's model was very pointy, whereas ours is a cylinder.

Shambler:  Ouch.  You could have at least grabbed a screeny with the new model.
 Slipgate - Surprised

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #89 on: 2004-12-31, 03:43 »

That's my screenshot!!

*does a happy dance*

You made my evening =D
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: