2024-04-27, 02:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems around Wirehead? (Alot Lately....)  (Read 11375 times)
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« on: 2004-10-24, 04:05 »

Perhaps, perhaps not.  Seeing as how Lee has all but disappeared, only to
reappear breifly every so often, to remind of us his presence.  Currently,
I am upset how things have been handled lately, with the introduction of a
new idler on the IRC server, we all know who she is and who she is with.  

<@LeeMon> YOU ALL NEED TO GROW UP.  ISIS INCLUDED.

One reply while I stuck around, sadly, this issue has been growing, an
guess what....NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.

My problem? If you pretty much made yourself vanish an disappear, STAY
GONE, dont come back an be all pissed off and try to stop something you
obviously have not been paying attention to or have ignored.  More then one
of us LOYAL Wireheaders, has become pissed off, an yet NOT A THING HAS BEEN
DONE.  Why? Because they are affraid of pissing off the one person who is
SUPPOSEDLY, in charge of this team, who has pretty much vanished.

Though, it doesnt make it right what some have done in retaliation, but  
ISIS should have been stopped in the begining as is normal procedure, for
all except this one, who was warned many times about certain things.  I did
not see any thing done about it, till "LeeMon" decided to make his voice
heard, well guess what?  I DONT CARE LEE, you stopped being a member of
this team when you vanished.  Sure other obligations aside, we all have
these, as I know, but rarely, few an far between have you made your
presence known, "Hows it coming guys?, Great work!.", you know what I mean.

Go back  to where you have been keeping yourself or come back, but as it is
currently I don't need you, an I am sure there are others who think the
same.

As it is, I really do not need the hastle of someone returning an seizing control when
they have all but vanished.
Angst
Rabid Doomer

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #1 on: 2004-10-24, 04:22 »

:!:

*cough* trolling for flames *cough*

"Who says a chainsaw isn't a ranged weapon?"
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #2 on: 2004-10-24, 08:30 »

Angst pretty much said it all, but you know what, spork off.

If it weren't for the founders, we wouldn't be here as fans. Give them due respect, since they know what they're talking about. I have a great about of respect for LeeMon, even in his absence. He's preoccupied with getting by day to day, just like most all of the rest of us. The founders' creativity has lasted this long, so why insult and mock them? Show some respect, fool.

Also, speak for yourself about your statement about dissapearing. Your'e supposed to be sporking gone, what are you still doing here trolling the wirehead forum? Piss off.
LeeMon

Team Member
Shambler

« Reply #3 on: 2004-10-24, 10:37 »

As the log shows, I am an op in #wirehead.  Last I checked, that was still the case, I wasn't under any peer review for an abuse of administrative privileges, and we didn't allow drama and personal attacks in the IRC channel.

Challenging my limited communication is a task that may be best left for actual WireHead staff that have required more of it to do what they do.  ;^)
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2004-10-24, 11:46 »

Your'e supposed to be sporking gone, what are you still doing here trolling the wirehead forum?

told ya he would be back next week .

but he has a point there lee , you should show yourself a bit more in here .
come over here and rand about some stuff , I almost forgot how some of your rants looked like .
« Last Edit: 2004-10-24, 11:47 by games keeper » Logged
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #5 on: 2004-10-24, 13:34 »

Nobody dies in wirehead. We just sometimes smell that way. Slipgate - Laugh
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #6 on: 2004-10-24, 14:43 »

My problem, as another summed it up is that Lee's never around, except when he pops in and seeks to assert an authority that many people around here feel Lee should no longer wield. I personally wish Lee would be around more, or pass the 'team leader' thing on to another and take a lesser position in the team.

As for you Tekhead, an others who happen to read only a portion of my first post, get lost as I am not the only one that feels this way, if I did not respect half the team members and what this mod is, I certainly, would not be pissed off.

As for getting by, day by day, sigh, I really...hmm i can fit it into my schedule I think, I do try to be here...but to what point? For A leader that has all but abondoned us?  I dont care to hear, 'some of us are getting by, day by day'.  Its a poor excuse I wont even use.

My point has been made.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #7 on: 2004-10-24, 19:03 »

Your point has certainly been made. But you speak of others, who are they? How many? Do I know them? :]

Quite frankly, I don't give a shit one way or the other: I do (in bursts) what I love to do, and Wirehead, with or without active 'project management', allows me to do it the way I like. That's the part of Wirehead which I represent, the results are up for download, and I don't see the big deal. I won't speak for others, but I have a hunch Phoenix would nod in agreement here.
« Last Edit: 2004-10-24, 19:04 by Tabun » Logged

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Tekhead

Elite

« Reply #8 on: 2004-10-24, 19:35 »

Allright. To be fair, I'll reassess the initial post.

My problem? If you pretty much made yourself vanish an disappear, STAY GONE, dont come back an be all pissed off and try to stop something you obviously have not been paying attention to or have ignored.

You're seriously the pot calling the kettle black. How can you be so judging on something which you have openly committed to as well? I stopped at this point last night because it makes the rest of your argument void.

More then one of us LOYAL Wireheaders, has become pissed off, an yet NOT A THING HAS BEEN DONE. Why? Because they are affraid of pissing off the one person who is SUPPOSEDLY, in charge of this team, who has pretty much vanished.

That's a fairly valid statement. Care to back that up with a few sources?

Also, it's foolhardy to assume that just because someone is in a position of power (on the internet especially! And I quote: "LOLZ!!!!!!!1!11one") that they'll strike you down just because of a difference of opinion. That is... as long as your statement has merit to it.

Though, it doesnt make it right what some have done in retaliation, but ISIS should have been stopped in the begining as is normal procedure, for all except this one, who was warned many times about certain things.

...Honestly, I have no idea what's going on here. Please fill me in?

I did not see any thing done about it, till "LeeMon" decided to make his voice heard, well guess what? I DONT CARE LEE, you stopped being a member of this team when you vanished. Sure other obligations aside, we all have these, as I know, but rarely, few an far between have you made your presence known, "Hows it coming guys?, Great work!.", you know what I mean.

I'm fairly sure that you are in no posistion to determine who is a "true" Wirehead team member, seeing as you are not one yourself. As for the "Hows it coming guys?, Great work!.", what is wrong with the occasional praisal? I'm a bit lost.

Go back to where you have been keeping yourself or come back, but as it is currently I don't need you, an I am sure there are others who think the same.

As it is, I really do not need the hastle of someone returning an seizing control when they have all but vanished.

Now that comes off sounding outright selfish. None of us are around just to hold up your standard.

Last but not least, if you do not like how things are going, leave. Try not to mistake this for a personal attack, but you are coming off as a whining child who is not getting their way. If you do not like something, then do something about it - it is a waste of time to linger and pout.
« Last Edit: 2004-10-24, 19:37 by Tekhead » Logged
Footman

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

« Reply #9 on: 2004-10-24, 19:38 »

Quote from: Tekhead
Also, speak for yourself about your statement about dissapearing. Your'e supposed to be sporking gone, what are you still doing here trolling the wirehead forum? Piss off.
Prehaps he thinks that because he "left" that he now has the right to spam and troll all he wants.
« Last Edit: 2004-10-24, 19:39 by Footman » Logged
Dr. Jones

Team Member
Tank Commander

« Reply #10 on: 2004-10-24, 19:44 »

Just a quick note in regard to the various comments about Lee having "all but disappeared"...

PISS OFF

Just because you do not see him in the channel does not mean he has "disappeared", or especially that he has stopped working on/with the team.  There is a lot that goes on that the majority of you cannot see, and being his roommate, I can tell you he's been doing a lot more than 90+% of you can see.

In lieu of this, I respectfully ask you... TO STFU.  Thank you.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2004-10-24, 20:07 »

still , lil has a point , he has to show himself a bit more in the forums or something atleast , because at this point I see con more as the Big Boss then Lee .

just because he is spending more time on the forums AND because he is making al the anouncements + he sometimes joins the gengames , I even think Lee doesn`t hqve auqke # installed anymore , let alone gen .
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #12 on: 2004-10-25, 00:47 »

I think what this all stems from is two issues that have sort of come together at once.

1)  There often appears to be two distinct sides to Wirehead - the Pho/Con/Tab Gen side, and the Lee/Kenny corporate side.  (If I'm leaving anyone out  don't feel snubbed, I just don't feel like typing everyone's names right now)

2)  There was an incident with Isis/Dracomancer of which I for the most part missed.

What Lil is going on about is that Lee rarely speaks in the chat room, often appears to be non-present, but whenever trouble brews he shows up, executes authority, and then "vanishes" again.  I can understand how this can appear.  It's like the ship steering itself, the captain shows up every blue moon to bark some orders, and then drops below decks again.  This is the perception some have toward Lee's involvement, be it valid or not, and people tend to react to perception as opposed to truth.

I'm not going to defend anyone nor attack anyone here.  Lil has his point of view, he's entitled to it like anyone else, right or wrong.  Personally I'm glad to see someone speak out at what they think is going on and have the guts to say what they feel.  It gives us all an opportunity to put things on the table and discuss them and clear the air.  Some people here are being mature about it, I'm rather disappointed to see that there's some people more interested in bullying/flaming/shooting their mouths off, but that's human nature.  All I would ask for is a few more cool heads here, and less flaming, deserved or no.

Now as to the root of this matter, the two issues above, I can address the first fairly easily.  Gen is Wirehead's most visible project, and it's longest running to date.  Does this mean Gen is the only project?  No.  Is there a problem with how Gen is being handled?  No.  Is this appearance of two distinct Wirehead groups a problem?  Sometimes, but mostly no.  If there is a communication problem, or something that interferes with what the team is working on we'll handle it.  I can understand some people being upset at the appearance of a lack of cohesion.  Not all members are involved in the same projects, and some projects tend to be more visible than others.  That's just how it works.

The second issue I was not really present for, I know there was some hot tempers in the chat room, but as far as I know the problems have been resolved and it really doesn't merit further discussion.  If I am mistaken in my assessment I'm sure that more informed parties will correct me on this matter.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #13 on: 2004-10-25, 03:47 »

If you do not like something, then do something about it - it is a waste of time to linger and pout.

Actually, I have done something about it.  Am still waiting to see what others do about it, aside from flame.

Thank you.
mecha

Shambler

« Reply #14 on: 2004-10-25, 03:58 »

to me, the whole situation is water under the bridge. my saying is "have it your way" ... you can let problems be solved or let them persist, I don't give a shit anymore.

I just can't believe Azz made this thread. it looks more like something I'd make. heh
Punisher

Cacodemon

« Reply #15 on: 2004-10-25, 03:59 »

It's pretty sad that you all jump on Lil like that. You sit there and counter him by calling him basically a whiner when you do not look any better.

This is a game in case you all forgot, quit treating this as some real life issue. Go outside and have fun. Go meet girls. Do something besides let this piss you off.

As it stands now Phoenix is the only one I can actually respect around here because he's always level headed.

This is evident with his post compared to everyone else's.

Everyone just chill for once, or flame me if you want. I could really care less at this point.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #16 on: 2004-10-25, 10:58 »

It's pretty sad that you all jump on Lil like that. You sit there and counter him by calling him basically a whiner when you do not look any better.

This is a game in case you all forgot, quit treating this as some real life issue. Go outside and have fun. Go meet girls. Do something besides let this piss you off.

When one posts a flame, in public, one is generally opening himself for reactions. If Azz was out to start a constructive and insightful discussion of the facts, then this first post is very definately not the way to go about it.

1. The thread was posted in the wrong forum (yes, that adds a little to the shin-kick-factor)
2. This is a private team matter, and there's no reason to publicly and directly assault a (or in fact, any) member or colleague here.
3. Furthermore, this is a known 'problem' which has been adressed and slumbers in status-quo.
4. Apparantly something as whimsical as a relatively kind request to stop battering a #wh visitor can flare this up, and I don't think that's justified.
5. Lilazz had just, only hours before, posted a quite bold message wherein he declared total apathy towards Wirehead and it's projects.

I don't condone posts which openly flame, whether it be in return, en masse or just another form of trolling, but I guess it can't be helped. If you mistook my post for a flame, stop 'getting a life' for just a second, and really read it, for it was clearly a direct response and reference to his own Weapons of Mass Apathy.

Your second comment is bollocks, and I sure hope you know it.
I was about to type a retort about this kind of mindless insult, but I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that there will always be some form of ignorance to be annoyed by, so instead I'll follow your wonderful advice, and go out and get some work done.

Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #17 on: 2004-10-26, 04:03 »

1. The thread was posted in the wrong forum (yes, that adds a little to the shin-kick-factor)

That was where I had intended it to be, was never in the wrong forum, as I saw...

2. This is a private team matter, and there's no reason to publicly and directly assault a (or in fact, any) member or colleague here

It was a private matter, but when issues are made public, it can not stay private anymore, as for tracking him down an talking to him...well...you know the answer to such.

3. Furthermore, this is a known 'problem' which has been adressed and slumbers in status-quo.

4. Apparantly something as whimsical as a relatively kind request to stop battering a #wh visitor can flare this up, and I don't think that's justified.

I do not see where this leads, but, seeing as you rarely pay attention in there...I do not think you know what the issue was, or what or what not is justified.

5. Lilazz had just, only hours before, posted a quite bold message wherein he declared total apathy towards Wirehead and it's projects.

Hours? Days more like it. Anyways, on too the issue, it is a wonder I never made it onto the team, and it is sad certain things will make a person not care about something, but alas I do have some friends here, an them being 'Team Members' that I choose to do something about it, instead of showing apathy an disappearing. It may not have been the right way of doing it, I will admit that much, but it feels right to me.

As for you flaming Tabun, in any of your posts? Ive not seen a flame from you.
« Last Edit: 2004-10-26, 07:17 by Phoenix » Logged
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #18 on: 2004-10-26, 07:54 »

Quote from: Lilazzkicker
It may not have been the right way of doing it, I will admit that much, but it feels right to me.
I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll take "from the heart" honesty, however awkward in the delivery, over bitter aprehensive silence.  You had a concern and you voiced it.  It shows you give a damn.

What I don't understand is why everyone's so hopping mad about this.  Lil's original beef was with Lee, and Lee is perfectly capable of answering for himself.  From what I can see he did answer, a fact that everyone seems to have missed.  Can we please move past this petty bickering and get on with more constructive things?  Or is everyone just looking for an excuse to crucify someone for having a flocking opinion?

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #19 on: 2004-10-26, 12:16 »

I do not see where this leads, but, seeing as you rarely pay attention in there...I do not think you know what the issue was, or what or what not is justified.

Just to clarify: I don't speak very often (especially not when there's a fight-with-no-end going on), but I am around and watching the channel quite frequently. In fact, I usually read the backlog when I've been away. If this is not about events in #wirehead, then you're totally right: I have no idea what happened elsewhere.

1. Could be my mistake, but the topic was moved by someone - hence the assumption it was in the Generations forum first.

2. Agreed on the this being rather public to begin with and the mentioned difficulty.

Things are beginning to take shape - if the 'apathy post' and this thread are related in cause or mindset, things are making sense. The post declaring total apathy for the entire set of projects and endaevours by all of us just went the wrong way with me. Especially in the light of what I mentioned after 1. in this message. Aside from the usual drama, there's an interesting and worthwhile creative process, and several fun products as a result of it. Lee can do all the talking for himself, true, but I can't sit by and not say anything, when a one-time dedicated member of our playerbase just says 'fuck this' and leaves.

Anyway, so I responded. And again, after Punisher's post annoyed me to no end, even when I should have refrained from doing so. Don't listen to me anyway, Phoenix is the one talking sense here - just stick around for fun and games, and don't let arguments with others keep you from it.
« Last Edit: 2004-10-26, 12:18 by Tabun » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: