2024-04-16, 20:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic Thread v3.0 (bees are cool)  (Read 32237 times)
OoBeY

Hans Grosse

« on: 2003-01-23, 07:00 »

I have a cool joystick, but i need a new transformer for the power supply...

how's your day going?
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #1 on: 2003-01-23, 07:08 »

Good, good. Good luck finding the transformer.....
hey look, i got a transformer sitting right here, on my shelf, good ole Optimus Slipgate - Smile
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #2 on: 2003-01-23, 07:11 »

Funny you should mention them...   Beast Wars Neo StarScream and BB from Korea arrived today.  They're so cute...
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #3 on: 2003-01-23, 08:08 »

BEEEESBBBEEEEEEESSSSSS...my tummy hurts  Slipgate - Sad
pepe

Shambler

« Reply #4 on: 2003-01-23, 08:53 »

beast wars transformers??

i think they went out of controll somewhere down the line though

good old gi joe did that too as well as lego

is there any set off toys that hasnt been ruined? without the line beeing discontinued?

on a side note i just found out that i really dont have to go to school for another say 5 hours
dna

Shub-Niggurath

« Reply #5 on: 2003-01-23, 16:31 »

I think that most of the BW were not too bad, it's when they got to the Beast Machines that they started to go downhill.  At any rate BW Neo were not released outside of the Pacific Rim, which makes them rather hard to get ahold of.  Also, this particular one I am mentioning is actually little more than a repackaged Gen 2 set with new names to make more money.
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #6 on: 2003-01-24, 03:48 »

Two words: Ninja Turtles!

I have just about every TMNT action figure there is, with the exception of the dinosaur riding ones and the futuristic ones (perhaps a few more that I am unaware of).
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #7 on: 2003-01-24, 03:54 »

Can anyone tell me the real definiton of Nu-Metal? I really don't understand... why everyone hates Nu-Metal? What's wrong with it?

And other defitions of other kinds of metal music, perhaps??
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #8 on: 2003-01-24, 04:00 »

http://www.entertainment.inuk.com/music/nu...metalguide.html This site should explain the genre to you pretty well. But to answer your question as to why everyone hates Nu Metal, it's simply because 90% of the stuff sucks!

And off topic from that... http://www.txt3.com/wap.php
« Last Edit: 2003-01-24, 05:18 by dev/null » Logged
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #9 on: 2003-01-24, 04:19 »

Quote from: dev/null
LOL!!! LOL!!! LOL!!!

How did you do that?

And thanks for the metal link... but Black Sabbath is also Nu-metal???

I still don't get it... what's wrong with Nu-Metal???!!!
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #10 on: 2003-01-24, 04:28 »

I didn't do it, I merely found it. But if you're seriously interested I'm sure you could open up the source window and check it out.

As for the Nu Metal thing. Black Sabbath is NOT Nu Metal. But there's a trend for using Black Sabbath as a scapgoat. Why? Because they're one of the greates rock bands ever (something I can't say about Ozzy's solo albums). Basically Nu Metal is all the shit floating around today on the radio and MTV. It's what happens when you mix rap, pop, and rock basically. You get no talent hacks like Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, POD, etc, etc. But that's not to say all Nu Metal is bad, I for one like a bunch of Korn's stuff, and I like a few of Slipknot's songs. But on a whole Nu Metal blows. And let's be honest, if it were good, it wouldn't be on MTV Slipgate - Wink

And off topic from that... I pulled a muscle playing Generations today. So LeeMon, you'll be hearing from my lawyers!
« Last Edit: 2003-01-24, 05:19 by dev/null » Logged
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #11 on: 2003-01-24, 04:45 »

Black Sabbath is not Nu-Metal, in fact, they're one the first heavy metal band in this world... am I right?

Actually, for me, I don't really care whatever freaking metal is out there... 'Cause I'm really a metal & rock fan! So, whatever metal also fine with me... as long they can produce fine noises. But to me, I'm a {SIC} Maggot forever! Slipgate - Wink Slipgate - Tongue

"And let's be honest, if it were good, it wouldn't been on MTV"

What do you mean? Sorry, but my English is not really good. Can you please re-define/explain again in a simple form? Thanks.

"And off topic from that... I pulled a muscle playing Generations today. So LeeMon, you'll be hearing from my lawyers!"

LOL!

"I didn't do it, I merely found it. But if you're seriously interested I'm sure you could open up the source window and check it out."

Is it possible to make it as a page, so that next time when a page refuse to loads, then it will bring up that link?
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #12 on: 2003-01-24, 04:53 »

Black Sabbath is not Nu-Metal, in fact, they're one the first heavy metal band in this world... am I right?

I'm not totally sure about that. I know they were around in the begining of the genre, but I'm unsure if they actually defined it or not. Either way, they had a great sound which has yet to be redone. Slow, but heavy... The closet thing I've heard to Black Sabbath is Clutch Slipgate - Smile

Actually, for me, I don't really care whatever freaking metal is out there... 'Cause I'm really a metal & rock fan! So, whatever metal also fine with me... as long they can produce fine noises. But to me, I'm a {SIC} Maggot forever! Slipgate - Wink Slipgate - Tongue

I don't really care about the genre either, but the fact reamins that most Nu Metal lacks "fine noises". I'm a big fan of Metal, Industrial Rock, Shock Rock, and Psychedelic Rock.

What do you mean? Sorry, but my English is not really good. Can you please re-define/explain again in a simple form? Thanks.

What I mean is MTV has quickly turned into a network for teenaged girls who have a crush on lame musicians. MTV lacks all the fine progrmas they used to have, all they have now is Carson Daily and his lame countdown.

Is it possible to make it as a page, so that next time when a page refuse to loads, then it will bring up that link?

I doubt you could actually make it the default page for an error... But I'm far from a HTML genuis so you might consider asking around.
« Last Edit: 2003-01-24, 05:11 by dev/null » Logged
Byskwik

« Reply #13 on: 2003-01-24, 05:04 »

Slipgate - Laugh Thx for that other link dev. It made my day.
/me huggles dev  Slipgate - Laugh
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #14 on: 2003-01-24, 05:13 »

The pleasure is all mine madam, although I do wish someone would have informed me that I have a new Princess Slipgate - Wink
« Last Edit: 2003-01-24, 05:14 by dev/null » Logged
Lunatic Guy

« Reply #15 on: 2003-01-24, 05:44 »

"...Industrial Rock, Shock Rock, and Psychedelic Rock..."

Like which ones?
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #16 on: 2003-01-24, 05:51 »

i like industrial..
dev/null

Banned
Vadrigar

« Reply #17 on: 2003-01-24, 05:53 »

I guess you could count Skwee G and System of a Down as Industrial Rock, Alice Cooper and Marylin Manson are more Shock Rock, while Iron Butterfly would be Psychedelic Rock
« Last Edit: 2003-01-24, 05:54 by dev/null » Logged
OmEgA-X

Beta Tester
Hans Grosse

« Reply #18 on: 2003-01-24, 06:07 »

Quote from: dev/null
I guess you could count Skwee G and System of a Down as Industrial Rock, Alice Cooper and Marylin Manson are more Shock Rock, while Iron Butterfly would be Psychedelic Rock
i like manson  Slipgate - Laugh
Demonwench

Hans Grosse

« Reply #19 on: 2003-01-24, 08:15 »

TECHNO!!!!  
*dances*
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: