2024-03-29, 10:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: duel gatling gunz need tweeked!  (Read 7098 times)
Bald&Sexy

Banned
Light Guard

« on: 2003-05-17, 06:14 »

i really never saw any problim wit the 2 gatling gunz until the other day when i wuz playing on tokay tower...... it seemed like everytime i turned the corner someone wuz shooting at me with wolf's bfg. it wasnt until i switched to earth that i saw WHY... the friggin single gatling gunz r EVERYWHERE which makes it EXTREMELY easy to get 2 and it's easy to keep your ammo level high because almost all the other weapons ammo can be used........ i think this is a major imbalance...... perahps you should not b able to get duel gats from picking up 2 single gats ro something, i dont know, i would like 2 know what u guyz think though  :angry:
Gnam

Makron

« Reply #1 on: 2003-05-17, 15:43 »

Can you get 2 from actually picking up 2 in a row? Hmmm... That seems a little odd. It would be pretty easy to just grab a gat from a shotgun spawn or something, then sit there and wait a few seconds for another one to come up.
Lilazzkicker

Beta Tester
Quad God

« Reply #2 on: 2003-05-17, 15:47 »

You can pick up duel by picking up 2 gats in a rule, it was meant to be that way.  As for balance issues?  Not a balance issue I think, especially in 99b, gats are just to quick and inaccurate unless in close conditions to be very lethal, most times, if your that close your also very close to dead.

On a second note, gats are all over on that map, play some maps where you have to fight to get and keep your gats.  You will see how balanced it is.
« Last Edit: 2003-05-17, 15:59 by Lilazzkicker » Logged
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #3 on: 2003-05-17, 16:43 »

The dual gats ARE very powerful, but they're only worthwhile at close range. Anything beyond 10-15 feet and half the shots will be missing. You also burn ammo like a firehose. I don't use dualgats exclusively unless I have quad or over 250 ammo. It just doesn't pay. If you run outta ammo, you're out of ammo for damn near EVERYTHING.

I use them more for finishing people off, or to spray a large fight and pick off weaklings.
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #4 on: 2003-05-17, 22:05 »

hehhe I owned the place on tokays tower with earth gats .
but evereone has soekind of weapon wher you better run from.

1)slipgate rockets = where the hell did that come from
2)doom bfg = where the spork can i go to .
3)strogg rail = im in deep shit if that guy is serious about this .
4)arena  bfg = ehy the spork does he plays gen if heuses this class  Doom - Huh?
5)earth 2 gats = I though I had 100 live a second ago and now im gibbed

but every class has its downside.
1)slipgate supernail = hey thought I had more nails then that !
2)doom = come on rockets , fly please , your almost there......almost ......a little more .......
3)strogg grenadelauncher = well I have it in my arsenal as backup but I think I have more chance of killing with my blaster .
4)arena = and they call this a lightninggun, ehat does it to ? giving me light in the dark .
5)earth sniper =got ya know . locked on your head..... keep steady ...........paw.....wtf how come that bullet went so low ...... grrrrrrrrr.

you see everething has good and bad parts
ReBoOt
Mean ol Swede

Team Member
Elite

« Reply #5 on: 2003-05-18, 01:04 »

I dont really agree with games keeper with that list but yea all classes has their ups and downs.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #6 on: 2003-05-18, 01:26 »

Actually, Earth's Dualgats don't overbalance the game from everything I've seen in actual gameplay.  Unless you're in close, with a lot of bullets, and a lot of armor, as Con said you'll just empty your guns and if you die while wielding them you just gave someone a BFG.  You have to get in close to use them effectively, and getting in close is something Earth has to work at.  He's the slowest of the classes, and any of the other classes can take him down on the way in.  Doom's rockets, plasma, or Combat Shotgun can put a stop to that attack really quick unless you're dead on target.  Slipgate's shaft will kill you quick enough, and his rockets can knock you back hard.  Strogg's chaingun can kick out lead nearly as fast, and his railgun will make short work of you while trying to close the distance.  His armor is also second only to Earth if he's tanked.  Arena's got that wicked plasmagun, nasty lightning, and can move at a pretty good clip and has good armor as well.  Every class' weapons have ups and downs, you just have to learn how to take advantage if that.

If someone's owning you with dualgats, then I'd say the biggest problem is letting them get in too close and letting them get tanked up on armor.  Earth can do nasty things with gats on Tokay's Tower, mostly because of the layout of the map.  Some maps work better with certain classes and not so well with others.  Good Earthers usually hang outside a fight and drop into the mix right when both combatants are low, and the gats give them two nice frags without a scratch off the paint on the armor.  Add a Quad to those dualgats and you have arguably the most destructive weapon in the game.  The mortar can reach into all those fun places that line-of-sight rockets can't on that map as well.  Worst thing you can do to an Earther is deny him armor and ammo.  Earth guys are tough when tanked up, but when they're freshly respawned they're rocket fodder, and remember also that NOTHING survives a discharge underwater. Slipgate - Wink

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #7 on: 2003-05-18, 12:53 »

and remember also that NOTHING survives a discharge underwater. 

not even commander keen Slipgate - Sad
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #8 on: 2003-06-01, 21:31 »

I don't really use dual gats too much... even with quad damage. Sure, dual quadded gats sounds fun.. but the single gat + quad is better to me. SIngle gat is more accurate, so you waste less ammo. I use the dual gats when there's like 3 people in an area or if someone decides to try and duke it out up close... unless I have less than 150 ammo. My favorite earth weapon would be the mortar though.

You know, although I consider Slipgate to be the best... Earth just seems more fun. Slipgate - Smile

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #9 on: 2003-06-02, 04:45 »

I love every class except Arena and Slipgate.  I'm just not GOOD with Slipgate, can't really get into that class, although I love that lightning gun.  The 99c version of Skippy is better, too.  Feels more solid.  I tend to rotate Doom, Earth, and Strogg now instead of just playing Doom all the time.  Strogg can kick some ass when played right, but Earth's just got some very fun toys.  I love setting things on fire, too!  Slipgate - Laugh

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #10 on: 2003-06-02, 12:30 »

I keep killing myself because of the stupid air control that I can't master.
Can't jump with slippy. But then, I never could work my way around levels properly in qw :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
games keeper

Elite

« Reply #11 on: 2003-06-02, 21:14 »

I have so much in common with pho and tab.
I hate it when I switch to gladiator or skippy.
and I cant master the aircontrol of skippy.
while I can master dooms jump way better and his speed. , I can I fly further then normal with tho other classes.
Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #12 on: 2003-06-03, 02:20 »

Slippy's air control isn't THAT hard to get the hang of... I think it's easy, lol (but then QW has always been my favorite, heh). I hate it when I get switched to Doom or Strogg. I just don't like Doom's weapons in deathmatch... even felt the same way when I played a deathmatch over the net years ago. The chaingun and single barrel shotgun were/are the only weapon I can get any kills with. Strogg is just way too slow for me and the weapons don't seem to make up for it. I'd take Slipgate with just buckshot and nails over these two classes armed with everything.. Slipgate - Smile

Although I had a blast botmatching as Strogg last night. Tokay's Towers with techs enabled (just for fun). Picked up the weapon haste thing and got the chaingun down in the water. My GOD... that was brutal!

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: