2024-03-28, 22:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
  Print  
Author Topic: .99f Feedback Thread  (Read 132899 times)
ConfusedUs

Elite (2k+)

« Reply #80 on: 2005-09-11, 14:50 »

Quote from: Nahand
... DooM chaingun in GEN is, if anything, somewhat underpowered, NOT OVERpowered. Please, do not lower its capabilities more...
fifteen damage per shot, two shots at a time, rapid fire, perfectly accurate.

It's more powerful than any railgun.
Tabun
Pixel Procrastinator

Team Member
Elite (3k+)

« Reply #81 on: 2005-09-11, 14:58 »

... DooM chaingun in GEN is, if anything, somewhat underpowered, NOT OVERpowered. Please, do not lower its capabilities more...

Seriously, I can understand that you love the class and have come to enjoy racking up kills with it. But don't spout nonsense like that. If your aim is worth anything at all, the chaingun is grossly overpowered. I won't accept nonsensical denial, and we can battle it out on the server if you want proof. :]

Tabun ?Morituri Nolumus Mori?
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #82 on: 2005-09-11, 17:28 »

The weapon capabilities are velocity and accuracy. You can be certain that even if the power is lowered, most people will think that the gun is powerfull. BTW I had no idea that the damage per bullet is 15! That means that it takes only 7 shots to kill a guy without armor and with 100  of health! Now that IS over-power. But besides that, DooM's weaponry is balanced.

scalliano

Elite

Yup, that's me

« Reply #83 on: 2005-09-11, 17:35 »

I'm no railgunner, and I've always thought that the Doom CG is pretty damn efficient anyway. I see no harm in reducing the damage a bit to, say, 10. I never knew about the first-shot-accuracy, though. That seems too much like hard work for my right index finger :rules:

PSN ID: scalliano

The Arena knows no gender, colour or creed, only skill.
Rellik_jmd

« Reply #84 on: 2005-09-11, 17:50 »

I haven't been playing long but I think I'd agree that the CG is a little overpowered. But if you don't lower the hit damage I won't complain. ;-)

Whether it's the old Doom or Generations the single shotty still totally blows. :-) I'm gonna have to work on my weap binds a bit. It'd be nice if you could work in some reloading sounds for the SSG as then you have a better idea when you'll be ready to fire again. If you don't have these sounds I think FreeDoom has some useable ones.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #85 on: 2005-09-11, 20:21 »

Aye, sounds have been our weak point, and still are.  As for the shotty, it's not so weak if you play Doom 1 as opposed to Doom 2.  When Lyfe still had it up I used to run around the shareware Doom server a lot in Zdaemon.  Single shotty in Gen does 70 points of damage if all the pellets hit, which is nothing to sneeze at (especially if quadded).  It's great for people attacking you with weaker weapons, or when you need to hit someone at medium range where the SSG patterns too loose.

I fly into the night, on wings of fire burning bright...
shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #86 on: 2006-01-11, 17:37 »

I know this sounds really daft, but I have that problem again.....

I set up Q3 with Gen and then I copy the entire folder and call it LOW-quake3 so I have 2 copies of the game on my drive. I set the LOW- one to 640x480, with low quality textures etc, to get it as clean and fast as I can, and leave the other at 1024x768, high textures etc. for other stuff.

nothing surrial so far... but now both versions seem to have got low textures, no shadows, etc.

so I adjust that copy of Q3 back to high textures and 1024x768, close that copy down, and open the other copy....its also high textures 1024x768 etc.
I kid you not.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #87 on: 2006-01-11, 18:30 »

Dumb question.  I assume you're using a shortcut to load Quake 3 in both cases, correct?  If so, have you checked the "Working folder" to make sure it's not pointed to the same copy of Quake 3?  It does sound like you're running from the folder both times.

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #88 on: 2006-01-11, 18:41 »

No different shortcuts, but I think its something in the Q3 folder, as I copied the entire folder,  rather than a fresh install to a different folder...

I mean that a line in the folder still points to

'  "C:Program FilesQuake III Arenaquake3.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 220'. rather than the new

'Low-C:Program FilesQuake III Arenaquake3.exe" +set com_hunkmegs 220'

don't have any idea what, but thats my theory so far.

I could do a whole fresh/second install, and see if that solves the 'problem' not really a problem.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-11, 23:35 by shambler » Logged
Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #89 on: 2006-01-11, 19:43 »

And something stupid like that is also happening to me : everytime I change textures to High and *=")!($! to trilinear, it won't memo it, so now everytime I enter in Gen, I have to change the settings back to High and to Trilinear. Could it be due to the nVidia profile I have for the game?

EDIT : For some reason I have 4 nVidia profiles for Quake3.exe and I can't eliminate a single one of them! WTF?
« Last Edit: 2006-01-11, 19:45 by [KruzadeR] » Logged

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #90 on: 2006-01-11, 23:34 »

So nVidia is overiding the Q3 settngs?

I know I have a setting that says 'let application decide' if I use that the game decides, otherwise I can set a general setting using the card.
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #91 on: 2006-01-12, 04:17 »

No no, what I mean is this part (the highlighted part) might be the same in both your shortcuts to the program.  Even if the "Target" line is correct, it will reference the data, and hence your q3config.cfg files, from the specified "Start In" folder instead of the one the "Target" line references.
« Last Edit: 2006-01-12, 04:18 by Phoenix » Logged

shambler

Icon of Sin

« Reply #92 on: 2006-01-12, 18:18 »

Right again! you are the man.....or bird....

I'll have another go to night.
JLMode

Spectre

« Reply #93 on: 2006-01-19, 21:40 »

Guys nice to see ya again....

So ill go directly to it... what was the option of ``set_somethingbasegame`` kind of command that you added to a shortcut to be able to play generations with Team Arena???

Thanks, and i also have some problems with the drivers, so cya around....
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #94 on: 2006-01-20, 19:36 »

"+set fs_basegame missionpack"

Monkeyboy

Unnamed Player

« Reply #95 on: 2006-03-06, 19:01 »

No other complain's except there's no sp skirmish, and some of the weapon's don't kick back when you fire with them, almost all of them. The nail guns and the new guns in general have animation, but it just doesn't feel that I'm shooting with them, you know what I mean? Like, quake3's shotguns and machineguns clearly kicks back, you can see it when you shoot with them, it feel like I'm actually presing fire.

Thumbs up!

Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #96 on: 2006-03-11, 07:05 »

We're working on that.  Slipgate - Wink

Thomas Mink

Beta Tester
Icon of Sin

HeLLSpAwN

« Reply #97 on: 2006-03-11, 22:52 »

I'd love to see a Strogg or Slippy teaser video that makes the wait even longer.. but no.

Meh.. I even feel tainted by offhandedly requesting such. Ignore me.

"Everybody's got a price" - 'The Million Dollar Man' Ted DiBiase
Phoenix
Bird of Fire

Team Member
Elite (7.5k+)

« Reply #98 on: 2006-03-12, 01:32 »

Well we have to save some kind of "ooh, ahh" stuff for 1.0's release.  If we preview everything, we kind of lose that.  Slipgate - Wink

Lopson

Elite

Still Going In Circles

« Reply #99 on: 2006-03-12, 23:05 »

Quad = 4x damage.
Berzerker = 10x melee damage.
Quad Berzerker = 14x melee damage.
Fear the fist.

Actually, it's 14x not 40. The multipliers add, not compound. Although.. we COULD make it 40x. =P

Do it, please!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9
  Print  

Jump to: